X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2021 Homework Topic

Question:

Action folds to the BTN off 75bb effective and they raise to 2.5bb. You are in the SB, what is your strategy?

You 3-bet to 10bbs and the BTN calls. The flop comes Ts-9h-4d. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the BTN bets 6bb. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the 8d you check and the BTN checks back.
    The river is the Ad. What is your strategy?

Submit Your Homework
    The due date for this homework assignment is 2021-10-18

Action folds to the BTN off 75bb effective and they raise to 2.5bb. You are in the SB, what is your strategy?

You 3-bet to 10bbs and the BTN calls. The flop comes Ts-9h-4d. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the BTN bets 6bb. What is your strategy? MDF = 79% and I’m calling 84%

Plan for Checking Range

If villain bets 25BB, MDF = 56%. Of my 30 hands, I would call 18, top pair (Ax) and K9, Q9, J9 and 97 of spades and clubs (60%). My initial thought was to fold middle pair, but, looking at MDF alone, that would be overfolding. Nevertheless, against a tight villain, I would not worry about MDF and would fold middle pair.

If villain bets 12BB, MDF = 74%. In addition to the hands listed above, I would also have to call with 77, to clear MDF. However, it's hard to imagine calling with 77 against anyone other than a villain proven to bluff often on the river.

Comment

Benno

still working on

Comment

BTN Open 75bb Effective our Position SB.

Preflop.

Comment

Action folds to the Button with 75bbs and they raise to 2.5bbs. You are in the SB, What is your strategy?

At 75bbs deep, button should be raising wide to try and steal the blinds and antes with a mix of value bets and bluffs. As such, I will use a 3-bet and wide calling strategy (with bluffs) to counter the blind steal attempts. I will 3-bet 4 times the raise, as I will be out of position post-flop. I will fold my weaker hands. I need to consider the big blind if he’s aggressive, and likely to 4-bet, or passive.
          When button raises, there will be 3bb in the pot (including my .5bb). I have to call 2 to win 3bbs. I get 1.5:1 to call and need 40% equity to call. The pot is 5bbs (not inc’ any antes).

Buttons 75bb opening range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Button 75bb RFI opening range.png Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	51759

My SB 75bb defending range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SB 75bb defending range.png Views:	0 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	51760

You 3-bet to 10bbs and the Button calls. The flop comes 10s, 9h, 4d. What is your strategy?
          I had problems with his scenario. I knew Button had a range advantage on a low-mid-card co-ordinated board. He raised and called a 3-bet so will have a decent range. He can have 78(s), J8(s), JQ(s and o), 44, 9/10, A/10, A9, etc.
          However, I thought I had such a big nut advantage that I bet everything small here. This left me with nothing to go forward with as I had no checking or junk hands in my range. I had to re-assess and try again. Even so, I had problems (as you can see) balancing my Premium made hands and draws and marginals/junk as I had very little junk in my range.
          When I 3-bet to 10bbs, the pot will be 13bbs. He has to call 7.5bbs (he already has 2.5bbs in) to win 13bbs. He gets 1.73:1 to call and needs 36% equity to call. Pot is now 20.5bbs. His SPR on the flop should be about 3:1 which means he should commit to an overpair.

Suppose you check and the Button bets 6bbs. What is your strategy?
          As noted above, I had to re-evaluate my approach in this scenario. This is the first time he has taken the betting lead but it can be in response to me showing weakness by checking. Opponent bets small, under 3rd pot. I have most hands betting for value or bluffing but have some decent ahnds in my checking range. Balancing out my Value hands to Bluffs (2;1 and marginal mades to junk (70/30) was difficult to achieve. I will Look forward to JLs assessment on this one.
          When he bets 6, I get 4.4:1 to call and need 18% equity to call. The pot going to the turn is 32.5bbs.

My flop strategy

Click image for larger version  Name:	SB flop range 3.png Views:	0 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	51761

Suppose you call. The turn is 8d. You both check. When he checks here, he may have given up. It looks weak, however, he can have hit a str88 or have a low flush draw and be trying to induce or reach a straight or flush cheaply. I check back to pot control and the board hits his range better than mine.

My Turn Strategy

Click image for larger version  Name:	SB turn range.png Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	51762

The river is Ad. What is your strategy? Good This is a good river card for our range. However, the board hits his range strongly with flushes, straights and 2x pair hands possible. I have a lot of Aces in my range and can have 2 pair or an overpair. Its unlikely I would check Aces, if I had them. I decide to go for a quarter pot block bet with my whole range and fold to a shove.

My River strategy

Click image for larger version  Name:	SB river strategy.png Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	51763
          Last edited by andyhowieuk@hotmail.com; 09-14-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Comment

DRAFT

PREFLOP

FLOP

RIVER

Betting AKo combos with Kd in as a bluff to a flush, checking T high and 9 high flushes to strengthen checking range

Last edited by Billy poker; 09-14-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

@@

@@

@@

@@

Comment

Comment

I think the button is opening really wide, with something like this....

My strategy is

You 3-bet to 10bbs and the BTN calls.

The button is going to call 7.5BBs with

The flop comes Ts-9h-4d.

What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the BTN bets 6bb.

I think the BTN's betting range is:

What is your strategy?

I have to call 6bb to win 33bb.

I think the BTN is checking with the following range.

I would check most of my range

I would bet 1/2 pot with all flushes and check call all aces. I don't think he would call much more than that without a flush.

I said I'd check call with all aces, but an interesting question is what would I do with an non-diamond ace and he shoves after I check. I'm not sure...

I'd have to call 42bb to win 150bb (28%), but I'm out of the tournament if he has a flush.

Tricky...
                    Last edited by M R; 09-19-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I would be raising a strong polarized range here and calling with a lot of hands that want to see a flop cheaply.

I have both the range and nut advantage here, so I feel as if I would be betting frequently, I would protect my checking range with some of the weaker top pairs that have some backdoor equity.

I will be calling here with all my marginal hands, raising with my top pair hands for value/protection and bluffing some overcard/gutshot draws. I will just fold out all my garbage.

I would be checking range on the turn.

I don't think the opponent would have checked back a flush draw or any hands with strong value when a flush draw comes on the turn. I think his range is fairly capped here. I almost feel like I could bet everything here. I will be protecting my checking range with a couple top pair top kicker combos.

I would be folding everything except the 2 pair combos to a jam. I might call some of the Ako combos without a Kd, unblocking those bluff combos in his range.

Last edited by daobill; 09-19-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I have followed a linear pre flop strategy with the aid of the 100bb pre flop chart. Raised 15.1% of hands which is on the tight side - could've loosened up a bit starting with eg A6s, A3s, K8s, ATo. Having checked the flop I feel my checking range could've included more CR candidates as this line feels too passive, may be should've had a larger checking range on flop.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oct2021HWPreFlop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.4 KB ID:	51894

I'm not going to have a checking range.

Last edited by kkep; Today, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X