June 2021 Homework Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2021 Homework Question

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are UTG+1 and action folds to you. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A
    -K-Q. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A
    -K-Q)-3. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A
    -K-Q-3)-8. What is your strategy?

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are UTG+1 and action folds to you. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K♦-Q♣. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣)-3♥. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣-3♥)-8♥. What is your strategy?
    Last edited by Dilly; 05-19-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Dilly
      Dilly commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty confident the solver would mix sizes on the flop, and we would have to mix in some nuts with our small size for protection, but I don't know if including those mixed frequencies significantly alters the strategy, also maybe I'm entirely wrong about mixing. But even if we bet range large on this flop, doesn't change turn that much, all the "marginal" hands we might have bet small on the flop just become our check range if we bet range on flop. We completely smash this flop no way we aren't betting close to always

• Zeldafan55
      Zeldafan55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would we want to bet large on the flop? We have the range advantage and nut advantage, but what about range connectivity? I think BB's range is very wide and he can have alot of garbage, but also many suited Ax,Kx,Qx. Is your thought that we would bet large so we get money in when he does have a good pair ? what about all the rest of his range particularly his draws ?

• Dilly
      Dilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Zeldafan55 We generally bet larger with the nut advantage, with the basic premise being we want to get all the money in with our nut hands, that we have more of than the opponent. BB also has good board connectivity, nearly 50% of his range is going to be a Q or better. We bet large the better Villain connects with the board. We're basically piling in the money with our best hands for value and have a good chance of often folding better hands with our bluffs, this board is just amazing for our range here, we're going to be tripling a ton here......All this could be wrong also given I missed the webinar lol

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K♦-Q♣. What is your strategy?

This flop smashes our range. Doing anything other than betting range 100% seems suboptimal. We have a strong RA and NA so betting large is reasonable.

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣)-3♥. What is your strategy?

Once we bet 67% pot on the flop and get called, a chunk of our hands look pretty weak. Even JJ looks bad once we get called on this flop. This might be more junk than is optimal but I don't see a way around it.

I am trying to mitigate the damage by moving AT into the checking range, though.

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣-3♥)-8♥. What is your strategy?

The pot on the river is 34.9BB and we have 23.3BB remaining. If we jam we can have around 29% bluffs. We actually only have about 20% bluffs, so that supports jamming.

In addition, given that our weakest value hand is AJ and everything else is two pair+, I think we just pile with 100% of our range here. The missed gutshots give us a few bluffs that also block the nuts, so that's a bonus.

I realize that T8s is a pair here but I don't think it has showdown value so I'm ripping it with the rest of the bluffs.
    Last edited by McLovin; 06-17-2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Preflop:

Flop:

Betting Range!

Turn:

Since we are using a somewhat polarized bet size Im electing to bet 2 pair+
      All my "junk" can improve or has some showdown value, so Im bluffing with underpairs to get them to fold better.

River:
      Going all in for about 60% so Im pretty much just giving up with 77,66 although I'm not sure what it could beat besides an ambitious J3s,T3s. I would like to just bet everything but that would have too many bluffs for this bet size vs a competent opponent.

Last edited by trent walker; 05-19-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there, how's it going? You do not have a checking range on the flop on this texture from UTG+1.

Benno
      I’m working on it in near time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

n a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are UTG+1 and action folds to you. What is your strategy?

Because of the range advantage and the nut advantage I bet everything.

I could bet the A3s but I think when he calls my bet, its possible that I am against a bigger two pair combo

I could also bet the KQ. its still a strong hand
      Last edited by Gambit; 06-18-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        Sup Benno! No checking on the flop.

• Gambit
        Gambit commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Ipm.... your right. I forgot to mention it that I*m betting because of my range advantage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	June2021PF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.3 KB ID:	49530

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A-K-Q. What is your strategy?

On the flop we have a massive range and nut advantage so the BB has to drastically over fold which should include at least some QX and KX combos. I wouldn't be surprised if the BB is supposed to even start folding out some AX combos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	June2021Flop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.2 KB ID:	49531

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A-K-Q)-3. What is your strategy?

The BB should be going to the turn with a very strong range so I'm not sure how to construct my *bluffing* range. I decided to go with some combos that have almost no equity as well as some marginal made hands with redraws to the nuts. I'm checking the MM on this street.

Click image for larger version  Name:	June2021Turn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.9 KB ID:	49532

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A-K-Q-3)-8. What is your strategy?

All in on river. I think I'm under bluffing a bit but that is probably fine vs what should be a strong range and my MM is probably not going to be good very often.

Click image for larger version  Name:	June2021River.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.5 KB ID:	49533
      Last edited by kkep; 05-21-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        On the turn you need to bet a few more strong aces for value, aswell as top+bottom. You need to bet with small pocket pairs and bet less with marginal combo draws like KT.

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        lpm I wasn't sure on the turn so I bet MM with more outs than the under pairs would have. I also felt the MM combos like say QJ blocks some of the V's continuing range whereas under pairs do not. Having said all that I now realize you probably ran this in the solver and I'm completely wrong

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        lpm turns out on the turn I was a bit short on value and it liked *bluffing* KJ and not KTs but I found the QX so overall not to far off the strat.

Preflop
      Click image for larger version  Name:	pre.png Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	49517

Flop: Bet range

Turn

Click image for larger version

Name:	turn.png
Views:	251
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	49845

River

Name:	rvr.png
Views:	247
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	49846
      Should the BB lead the river, the UTG1 can call with the premium and marginal hands, totalling 63.5% of the range. (MDF is 60%.)
      Last edited by edy; 06-03-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        No checking on flop.

• edy
        edy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes my friend.The BB has good connectivity with the flop. I'll use one big size to avoid giving a tell.

• edy
        edy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi lpm, I think the UTG1 is strong enough that checking range on the flop should be less than 15%.

placeholder

Comment

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K♦-Q♣(pot= 6bb, eff stack=37.8bb). What is your strategy?

I will be range betting this board for a large sizing .

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣)-3♥.(pot=14bb, eff stack=33.8bb) What is your strategy?

-On this board I have tons of 2p+ for value so I am using some low pairs as bluffs.
        -I think I need to strengthen my checking range with some 2p so I 'm choosing KQs and A3s

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣-3♥)-8♥ (pot=35bb, eff stack=23.3bb) . What is your strategy?
        -This is the range I get to the river with, and I will be value betting 2p+ and bluffing my low pairs and zero equity nut blockers.

Last edited by Anavar; 06-09-2021, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Range betting flop is fine, you could use a small and a big size for flop. On the turn you can bet with small pocket pairs, you also do not want to change the labels, keep the original ones. On the turn a hand like AJ is not a semi-bluff, it is top pair with a gutshot so it is a made hand.

• Anavar
          Anavar commented
          Editing a comment
          Ty LP, I made some changes to turn strat

Tournament UTG+1 40bb RFI.

Preflop.

Flop comes As-Kd-Qc.

With both a Range and Nut advantage on this board I'll be betting my entire Range.

Flop.

Turn comes the 3h.

Putting some premium hands into checking range.

Turn.

The River comes the 8h.

Not going to have many bluffs here I think maybe using hands with J's and 10's
        are good candidates.

River.

Last edited by st3vemac; 05-20-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• Dilly
          Dilly commented
          Editing a comment
          On the turn we seem pretty unbalanced towards value, I think we should probably turn some lower pairs and those unmade hands into bluffs.

Also you have QTs as premium on the turn, that doesn't make a ton of sense

• st3vemac
          st3vemac commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree QT is not premium or the QJ, its marginal but still wanted to bet it and didn't think it belonged in our Bluffs and as for being unbalanced am definitely unbalanced here. I found it hard to get the ratios right. So I tried balancing between Just my betting range and checking range I don't think we should have to many bluffs in this situation. It will be interesting to see what JL comes up with. Thanks for the comment Dilly.
          Last edited by st3vemac; 05-20-2021, 04:06 PM.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          You should not label draws with bluffs, try leaving the original labels. On the turn you have marginal made hands like QTs labeled as premium. On the turn you can bet all your small pocket pairs.

UTG+1 (8-handed) open to 2.2bb:

Name:	Range_1 Preflop.png
Views:	377
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	49501
        BB Calls
        Pot = 5.9 (w/ antes)

Flop: As Kd Qc

We have range advantage = Bet frequently
        We have nut advantage = Bet large: ≈ 2/3 pot = 4bb
        We have few natural bluffs and not much junk = Bet range

Note: V's range has low % connectivity with this board.

Name:	Range_2 Flop.png
Views:	375
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	49502

Turn: As Kd Qc 3h

Pot = 13.9

3h = The definition of brick.

Not enough DRW, Not enough JNK.

This would normally mean bet range again, but with our 2/3-pot flop-bet at this AKQ rainbow board, I think the bottom of most V's calling ranges would be Qx, JJ, TT. Against this severely narrowed range, I don't think bet range is right, so bet polarized:

Bet 10

Name:	Range_4 Turn, Adjusted.png
Views:	371
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	49504

River: As Kd Qc 3h 8h

Pot = 33.9
        Stack = 23.8

Balanced polarized shove = 23.8 / (23.8 + 23.8 + 33.9) = 29% = 71% PM : 29%: BLF

But we should bluff less often than 29% because:
        1) Some of our value hands may lose when called, and
        2) We suspect that the bottom of V's range on the river is QT, QJ, JJ (reduced frequency), & TT, and many Vs are likely to under-fold QT, QJ here.

We're choosing our bluffs to unblock what we suspect is the bottom of V's range (i.e. QJ, QT, JJ, TT):

Name:	Range_7 River, Adjusted (opt 2).png
Views:	385
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	49503

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course they do. That was a bone-head thing for me to miss. Surely that's more important than them blocking straight draws (+ a pair). I'm changing my answer: Now I'm going to bluff the J9 & T9 on the river and check-back 77.
          Last edited by Scotty; 05-28-2021, 05:45 PM.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On the turn you can bet some marginal combo draws like QTs, weak pair + gutshot.

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          TNX lpm. I thought the Q made them function better as MM than DRW, but I could easily be convinced otherwise. They certainly have more outs than the under-pairs I'm currently betting as DRW, so that's a good reason to reverse that choice, but they also have more equity when checked down, so... I'm looking forward to webinar.

I'm going to open with about 17% of range in this spot normally.

I am going to assume BB calling range of: [TT-22,AQs-A2s,KQs,K8s-K2s,QJs-Q2s,JTs-J2s,T8s-T2s,98s-92s,87s-82s,76s-72s,64s-62s,54s-52s,43s-42s,32s,AQo-AJo,A9o-A7o,A5o-A4o,KQo,KTo-K9o,K6o,QJo-Q9o,JTo-J9o,T9o,98o,87o-86o,76o,65o,54o,KJs-K9s,T9s,ATo,A6o,T8o,75o,64o]

We have an extremely strong Range and Nut advantage on this flop. Will be betting large here typically and not expecting a x/r very often on this board. I don't think the BB would have many x/r bluffs so it would then become a puzzle of which hands for value he x/r that particular type of board.

I'm going to probably bet quite a lot here with such a strong range advantage. That said, I do expect the BB to call-pre with middling Aces and will likely call flop c-bet. I'll be checking some of weaker-middle Aces, especially with BDFD potential.

I'm torn on the small pairs as I think the BB will have a lot of random Aces, Kings, and Queens from flatting pre. I don't know how many bets it would take to move them off those hands and checking down small pairs may be a better option. I'm trying to bet more with hands with nut-straight potential or hands that block a flopped straight.

I think Villain is continuing with: [TT,AQs-A2s,K5s+,Q6s+,JTs,T9s,AQo-AJo,A9o-A7o,A5o,A3o,KQo,K6o,QTo+,JTo]

My Turn range is fairly condensed now. I have a large amount of Premium hands still (2pair+) that can be called down by worse 2 pair or pair +straight draw.
        Most of my bluffs will be second pair + straight draw. I don't seem to have any 'junk' as almost any weaker hands I've moved into bluffs as the range is so value heavy. Not sure if that's right or not but seems like in this spot it would make sense to not need Check - Folds.

I'm very value heavy in this spot. I don't have a lot of hands to bluff with. My marginal hands start to include KQ whereas value is tilted toward top 2pair or set or straights. I could bluff T9 here as it may unblock hands like QJ that I want to fold. I might check-fold J9 but that could be a bluff candidate if I never want Junk in my checking range. I'm torn on this myself.

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          What size is your river bet? If you're shoving (≈24bb), and you're willing to bluff T9, then you can definitely also bluff J9 for all the same reasons.

• CrazyDonkey
          CrazyDonkey commented
          Editing a comment
          @scotty

I presumed the only bet would be 'all-in' as we're left with an approx. 50% pot bet on the River after starting 40bb eff.

I'm not sure that it's right but I was working to balance out the range I had left at the end and include some checks rather than bluffing all the misses. I think I'm probably heavy enough in value that I could throw more bluffs in and that would be the one I would choose here.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          You do not have a checking range on this flop, you should ether bet small or bet big. Small pairs and weaker combo draws like QTs are good candidates to construct a turn barrelling range.

Last edited by jjpregler; 05-21-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• jjpregler
          jjpregler commented
          Editing a comment
          I was actually not sure if I should turn some Qx hands into a bluff. But I still have worse hands in my range to bluff, so I did use that metric. Especially since I am closing the action.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm changing my answer. I'm still stuck tho. I like betting the under pairs and draws I had plus all the strong hands but that leaves the MM kinda weak so I think we might just be spazzing here on the turn, ugh idk
          Last edited by kkep; 05-24-2021, 08:10 AM.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello my brother, on the turn you can find a few more strong aces to double barrel for value, you can also go for combo draws like Qts Q9s or even T9s T8s.

The pot is ~6bb & we have ~38bb behind. This Flop is extremely good for my range, giving me strong range- and nut-advantages. Even though BB will have the 12 JTo for a flopped straight, BB lacks all 18 sets, and the best 2pr combos (e.g. 9AK & 2-9AQs). Also, BB will just have a lot more junk in its range. I expect BB to have checked its entire range. Although the flop LOOKS connected, there are no flush-draws, only one made straight and some gutters available. I want to bet frequently and I can use a reasonably large sizing. Since I have too few draws & so little junk, I will range-bet.

The pot is now ~14bb and we have ~34bb behind. The 3h is essentially a brick. My range remains quite strong and BB is condensed. I want to make a polarizing bet. of ~2/3 to 3/4 pot with my best hands and a somewhat smaller number of bluffs (even turning some underpairs into bluffs), which will imply a geometric shove on the River.

I have categorized the mid-pairs as "Junk," since they are not really beating anything when called.
        I am bluffing with all of my Junk & Draws to balance the large number of premium hands in my range.

The pot is ~35bb and we have ~23.5bb behind, for about a 2/3 Pot size shove. That will lay the BB 5:2 odds, so I want to have 5 value bets for every 2 bluffs. My bluff candidates are underpairs and unpaired hands. Although the unpaired hands block BB's missed straight draws, BB shouldn't have been calling with too many of these just-a-gutter hands (even with a pair, since any turned or rivered 2pr. is likely to either be dominated or against a straight that comes in) for 2 large bets, anyway.

I feel like this river is very player-dependent. Can I extract value from an Ax here (which will be a big chunk of BB's range) or will BB fold that to the River shove? Against a more station-y opponent, I would bet all AJ+ for value and not bluff the underpairs (even though I'd be allowed 4 MORE bluffs for balance). Against a weaker opponent, I would bluff with more underpairs and not value bet weaker than AQ.

Also, is it better to bluff with hands that block the straights or that un-block the missed straight (& pr+str8) draws? If I think the BB would play his nuts fast even in the face of a board that favors me, then I would seek to un-block the draws. Ordinarily, since I'm looking to fold-out lots of pair+straight draws like KT,KJ & QT-QJ (along with weaker Kx & Qx hands), I think I'd rather block the made straight.

I've marked JJ-99 as Marginal, however I expect to lose frequently when it goes check-check. The distinction b/n Marginal & Junk is somewhat arbitrary, here, since BB cannot bet after my check. Does one need to balance their checking-behind range on the River?
        Last edited by bengoshidesu; 06-08-2021, 05:39 PM. Reason: I added more betting hands to my turn range (AJ-AT for value & QJs-QTs and JJ-99 as bluffs), and adjusted the River accordingly.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On the turn you can find a few more strong aces betting for value and hands like QTs J9s T8s T9s.

• bengoshidesu
          bengoshidesu commented
          Editing a comment
          lpm, Yes, I suppose I can certainly get value from lots of BB holdings worse than AT. And this allows me to bluff more of those other combos without skewing my value:bluff ratio too much. It doesn't even weaken my checking range too much -- just condenses it even further. I'm going to tweak the turn & see where I land on the River with the larger betting range.

Preflop

Name:	Preflop.png
Views:	357
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	49562

Flop

Name:	Flop.png
Views:	354
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	49563

Turn

Name:	Turn.png
Views:	359
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	49564

River

Name:	River.png
Views:	360
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	49565

Comment

• HenrikM
          HenrikM commented
          Editing a comment
          but if we keep those 4 as a draw (i would think) as we have the range advantage, shouldn't we keep all the aces as marginal made hands?

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          No checking range on the flop, ether bet small or bet big.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          HenrikM I wasn't suggesting how you should play your range but that you have combos that just disappeared from the flop to the turn. If you bet them on the flop then you still have them on turn and have to categorize them.

Last edited by Larry H; 06-03-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On turn you can find a few more strong aces to bet for value like ATo for example. A hand like 99 on the turn is a pair, its a marginal made hand, not junk. You can use most of the small pairs to double barrel.

• Larry H
          Larry H commented
          Editing a comment
          lpm The reason the 99 are labeled as junk is because if you do not plan on calling a river bet you label it as junk . If you plan on calling a river bet. I would have labeled 99 as a marginal hand. Hope this is helpful to you

Click image for larger version  Name:	202106 Deal.png Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	49735
        Bet my RFI of 2.2 on the above range

Click image for larger version  Name:	202106 Flop.png Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	49736
        My range is only reduced by about 3%, I have significant range advantage.
        Most of my hands give me nut / draw advantage as well
        The pot is 5.9, my stack is 37.8
        I'll be betting 1/2 - 3/4 pot (3-4.5bb with the pot at 5.9) in continuation

Click image for larger version  Name:	202106 Turn.png Views:	0 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	49737
        Low pairs are now junk and the flush draws are gone.
        The pot is 13.9, my stack is 33.8
        I'll be betting 1/2 - 3/4 pot (7-10.5) in continuation of premium and straight draws

Name:	202106 River.png
Views:	289
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	49739
        The pot is 34.9, my stack is 23.3
        I should bluff 23.3/(23.3+23.3+34.9)=29%
        I turn low busted draws into bluffs (XT) as well as betting on the under pairs (8,3) as they block in villain's range

To make 24% pot odds for villain, my bet should be 32bb
        I move all in with the villain having 29% pot odds to call
        Last edited by Steve Pool; 05-29-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello and welcome, you can simplify flop by betting all the hands, no need for suit selection! If you are to use suit selection you need to use the extra columns and balance the miissing combos.

Preflop

Flop

Turn

River

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On the turn hands like 77 and 66 are not junk. They are pairs and are pretty good candidates to double barrel. On the turn you can bet hands like QTs and J9s, you could also bet T8s if it was in your range. ATo and ATs are still strong enough to be premiums.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          No checking on this flop on this texture, bet everything ether small or big.

My initial categorisation had so many marginal made hands on the turn, that I balanced it by turning a lot in to draws. That being said we have so many good hands here I think I would be betting my entire range with a half pot sized bet.

On the turn I now put most of my jacks and tens into Junk to remain balanced as they are now only gut shots

Because I bet everything preflop I still have some polarised hands in my range, which are now premium. I do think though that I have folded out some Ax hands here which I perhaps normally wouldn't have done, but I found it hard on the turn to stay balanced with so many marginal made Ax hands.

Last edited by Kwisatz78; 05-23-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          AJ, KJ, AT, KT, really aren't DRW on the flop, turn, or river. They are either PM or MM. Changing this categorization will change your PM : DRW ratios and this will in turn force you to find other BLFs on the turn and river.
          Last edited by Scotty; 05-30-2021, 06:02 PM.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          You do not want to bet flop using half pot sizes. You want to ether bet small 30% or bet large 80%. As Scotty said, AJ is not a draw. You need to stop worrying about ''balancing'' and focus on building a sound strategy instead. Bet everything on flop, that is good! You got that part right, build from there, on the turn you can double barrel your best aces down to ATo, you can bet small pocket pairs and weak combo draws like QTs Q9s and hands like T8s T9s. On turn hands with a king are marginal (second pair) so they check.

Homework assignment #3. I'm on a roll.

I don't have a limping strategy UTG+1 40bb deep. My RFI strategy for UTG+1 is:

Name:	preflop RFI.png
Views:	285
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	49742
        ​​

My strategy would be based on the villain's action as he acts first. I am assuming that he checks to me here.

I have a very strong range advantage here (approx. 70%), I also have a strong nut advantage as my range contains ~ 45% top pair or better while villain's range has only ~ 20%. I have all the sets and 2 pair, while most of those hands would have 3 bet by the villain in the BB. With my strong range advantage, I would be betting this flop very frequently, I would also be betting on the larger side as I have a very strong nut advantage. I would be betting my entire range here because the villain has too much junk in his hand and will have to fold out a lot of hand that have equity vs. my junky hands.

Name:	flop.png
Views:	280
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	49743

​​
        *correction - 87s is not played preflop, so it is not a bet.

Again my strategy would be based on my opponent's action. I am assuming villain checks to me.

This card does not improve either of our hands, however the villain has folded out his junk strengthening his range. We are now at approx. 55/45 equity advantage. Also, our nut advantage is lower, however still pretty strong as we expect the villain would have check-raised his strongest hands. I will be betting a more polarized range here. I will bet my best hands and bluff draws with blockers to my opponents stronger hands.

Views:	281
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	49744

​​

Again assuming villain checks to me.

The ranges run very close on this river, I don't think there is a range advantage for either player at this point. The villain has folded all his junk leaving him with all his best hands and draws (maybe even leaving him with the nut advantage on this river). All his draws missed, and will not call a bet. I should be checking back a lot here as to not reopen the betting with my marginal hands that cannot call a check raise, but can still win at showdown. When I do bet, I will be shoving for an all in bet. My bluffs will include blockers to my opponent's 2 pair combos and straight combos:

Name:	river.png
Views:	281
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	49745

​​
        Last edited by daobill; 05-30-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• daobill
          daobill commented
          Editing a comment
          great, thanks

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Bill, hands like AJs ATo are premiums on the turn, not draws. Hands like Kjs dont want to bet turn and hands like small pocket pairs can double barrel.

• daobill
          daobill commented
          Editing a comment
          Within my range on the turn, I have 42 combos of 2 pair or better. I feel if I include AJ etc.. in my premium range, I would have too many value hands in my range. I have included AJ and KT as draws because I would probably fold them to pressure, but they do have a chance of improving if called. Thank you for the input. I will go back and look at it with your advice in mind after the webinar.

As pre-flop raiser in position, I have big range and nut advantages here. Therefore, I’m betting my whole range.

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣)-3♥. What is your strategy? Pot = 5.9BB

Pot = 5.9 + 21 = 27BB. BB’s Eff. Stack = 40 – (1 + 2.2 + 10.5) = 40 – 13.7 = 26BB. Given the 1:1 SPR, I’m making a polarized shove with all premium hands and bluffs.

Last edited by GinDC; 05-26-2021, 12:51 PM. Reason: Adding 98s and 87s to river range (junk)

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          AJ and AT are not marginal made hands on the turn, they are premium. You do not need to use suit selecton for this homework.

Name:	JUNE2021HW1.png
Views:	336
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	49621

Name:	JUNE2021HW2real.png
Views:	330
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	49622

I have 70% equity on this board. I get to bet EV-E-RY-THING.

Name:	JUNE2021HW3.png
Views:	334
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	49623
        Range advantage has narrowed considerably with villain call.

Name:	JUNE2021HW4.png
Views:	329
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	49624

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On the turn, hands with a king are marginal and want to check.

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are Utg+1 and action folds to you. What is your strategy? My 40bb opening raising range.

Name:	Utg+1 40bb open raising range.png
Views:	328
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	49653

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes As,Kd,Qc. What is your strategy? We are in position, so BB will have checked to us. The flop absolutely nails my range, so I will be looking to C-bet my entire range here. I will bet small, looking to continue and possibly triple barrel on any favourable cards. There are no flush draws available, only broadway straights. I have a lot more of these in my range than BB. He has more lower to middle cards and his range is capped, so he cant have the nuts. I have a definite range and nut advantage. When I bet, there is 3.7bbs in the pot. He has to call 1.2bb to win 4.9. He gets 4:1 on the call and needs about 20% equity to continue. Pot size is 4.9bbs. His MDF 1-2.2(1 + 1.2 + 0.5) = He needs to defend 19% of the time.

My flop strategy

Name:	Utg+1 flop continuing range.png
Views:	323
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	49654

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes 3h. What is your strategy? Basically, the turn doesn’t change anything. He can have a set of 3s, A3, K3 or Q3. However, I still have all the top sets, 2 x pair broadways and nut straights. There are no flushes available. He has checked to me again. I still have positional, range and nut advantage. I keep betting small (for range value). The 3 doesn’t change much (poss’ wheeldraw). I can have AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK. AQ, J10(s). By the turn, the pot is 12.9bbs. When I bet the flop, he had to call 4bb to win 12.9. He gets about 3:1 on the call and needs about 23% equity to continue. His MDF 1-4(4 + 4.9) = He needed to defend 56% of the time. He’s competent, so could be floating 2 x streets. He has still never shown aggression, or even interest in the hand.

My turn strategy.

Name:	Utg+1 turn range 3.png
Views:	325
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	49655

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes 8h. What is your strategy?
        Again, he has checked, so has shown no aggression throughout the hand. He has called off over a third of his stack, so has part of this board. He can be floating/drawing but doesn’t really have the stack depth to do this. The river doesn’t change anything and there are no flushes or full houses. The best hand is a straight, which I have in my range. He can have K8, A8. Q8, 10/J but I’m barreling, anyway for value with the range and nut advantage. On the turn, the pot was 12.9bbs. He checked and I bet 10.5bbs. He had to call 10.5 to win 23.4bbs. He got 2.34:1 to call and needed 25-33% equity to call. I have appeared strong throughout and keep betting. His MDF on the turn was. 1-10.5(10.5+12.9). He needed 56% equity to continue. The pot by the river is 34bb. He has just over 20bbs left (2/3rd pot). He can still fold and be alive in the tourney.

My river strategy.

Name:	Utg+1 River range 3.png
Views:	325
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	49656

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          You write that V "can't have the nuts" on the flop. This is not true. Almost all Vs have JTs, and most V's also have JTo. You don't have JTo, so most Vs have more broadway straights than you (but fewer sets and 2-pairs). This is not an argument against your bet-range, bet-range, bet-range strategy. Just a correction to part of your reasoning that led to it.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On turn you want to check second pair type of hands like KJs and you can bluff with small pocket pairs. You want to bet down to ATo as premium, and have some decent top pairs checking on turn like A5 A6 A7.

PREFLOP

FLOP

Betting entire range due to range and nut advantage.

TURN

RIVER

Last edited by Billy poker; 06-16-2021, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Hands like JJ TT etc are not draws, they are pairs, they should be treated as marginal made. You can bet a few more strong aces as premium on turn.

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          Billy. The fact that your 99 & 88 have better equity than your lower pairs is an argument for betting the lower pairs as bluffs and checking the 99 & 88 as MM. When called, they all lose, but when checked-down the 99 & 88 win more often.

• Billy poker
          Billy poker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the feed back guys, how's this look?

A lil rusty guys!!!

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          You have classified some hands very differently than I did. I'll bet that at least one of us is wrong.

On the flop you classify J9s and T9s MM. I think those are DRW. You have QTs and A5s as PM. I think those are MM.

This doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't bet your QTs or A5s or check your J9s and T9s* like your strategy indicates, but it does mean that your reported ratios are not be accurate and thus your reasons for doing so may be invalid.

*I think if you're not betting range on the flop, you should bet J9s and T9s as DRW and check A5 & QT as MM, but that's not the point of my comment. I'm just pointing out that you may want to reconsider how you're classifying these hands. This may or may not cause you to change how you choose to play them.

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not check anything on the flop, bet range. Why do you have A5 labeled as premium but not A9. You should restart it from scratch and use the GTO opening range for the spot.

Comment

• Scotty
          Scotty commented
          Editing a comment
          When you "bluff (bet small)" with 55 on the river, how small are you betting? What hands do you think your opponent still has on the river (after you've bet 10.5 bb on the turn) that will fold to this small bet? If you're thinking it's only hands like J9, T9, J3s, T3s, then there's no reason to bet with 55. If you believe that hands like QJ or QT will fold to your small bet, then there is, but do you think QT,JT will fold to a small river bet? (I don't, but I certainly could be wrong.)

40bb UTG1 open range -

Flop - AsKdQc [5.5bb]
        CBET RANGE
        ''
        Turn - 3h [13.5bb]
        Blank card - will split range into 3/4 pot and some overbets [ignoring overbets for now]
        '
        River - 8h [41bb]
        We jam 20bb with the range below -

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On turn you do not have overbets, only potsize. You can bet hands like QTs pair + draw on turn, QJs, Q9s... and small pairs like 77!

wip

Last edited by Bentley; 06-01-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On turn you can bet with hands like QTs Q9s, you should have ATo in range and ATs should be premium. You can bet turn with pairs like 66 or 55 because your UTG range is very strong and connects well with this texture.

70% equity v BB defending range

Equities are ~50/50 now that BB calls

Hero has ~55% equity advantage going to river, and remains ~55% on river 8h

Pot is 35bb with 23bb left. Jam 23 to win 23+35=58. 23/58= 40%

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to extend your premium range for the turn to add more aces, you need to find combo draws to bluff turn like QTs, you can bet turn with small pairs like 55.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis.png
Views:	256
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	49814

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K-Q♣. What is your strategy?

Originally this is how I categorized the hands. However I didn’t have enough draws. I took the marginal made hands with J & T and categorized as Draws. This then threw out my Marginal to Junk ratios. Therefore, I categorized some of the medium pairs as Marginal made hands. Not sure how I would feel about check/calling with 77 on this board. See second image.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (1).png
Views:	254
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	49813
        This is the continuing range I decided on.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (2).png
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	49815

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K-Q♣)-3. What is your strategy?

The 3 is a brick, does not create a flush draw. Will make some two pair for BB but does not have a huge effect on the hand.
        This really leaves me with no junk. To balance my range, I could check with some of the paired hands that still have a gut shot draw. However, I could effectively bet my entire range here.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (3).png
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	49812

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K-Q♣-3)-8. What is your strategy?

I actually found this to be a really difficult spot to think about and I'm sure with only a few seconds to act I would make the wrong play.

Homework says Hero is the one with the 40bb stack so I am going to assume that BB has some left behind. (if BB was the player at risk I might bet All In with more hands here).

There is 34.4bb in the pot with effective stacks behind at 22.8bb. So the SPR is so low you really have to be ALL IN. However BB has a huge number of marginal made hands like any pair with a bad kicker. I think an ALL IN gives them an easy fold, while they may call a smaller bet with these hands.
        I think a bet of 12bb with everything here is the right play. This doesn’t allow our opponent to bluff us, so they will need to play it straight forward. If they call, we have good showdown value. If they raise, then we still may be good with much of our range, but also have a good idea when we are beat.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (4).png
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	49811

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Do not check anything on the flop, bet with range.

RFI from utg+1
        ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Flop As,Kd,Qc range bet

Turn

Views:	243
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	49850

River

Name:	river.png
Views:	244
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	49851

Last edited by Donn Pattinson; 06-03-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Your rfi is too wide. On the turn you want to have more strong aces in premium double barrelling. You can double barrel hands like Q9s and small pairs.

Preflop 40bb RFI
        Click image for larger version  Name:	June 2021 HW PF 40bb RFI.png Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	49838
        Flop Strategy. Bet Everything because of strong range and nut adv. I would also use a large C-bet sizing because of opponents range connectivity on this board.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	June 2021 HW Flop 40bb.png Views:	0 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	49839
        Turn Strategy. After opponent calls a large bet I know he has some type of pair or draw, so I decide to bet my premium and draws and check my marginal and junk.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	June 2021 HW turn 40bb.png Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	49840
        River Strategy. I'm Jamming my 15bb's that's left into an almost 40bb pot with my premium hands/Nut hands and a few bluffs. I'm checking my Showdown value hands.

Name:	image_11074.png
Views:	246
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	49837
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KGPoker; 06-03-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          On turn hands like KJ KTs are not premium, hands like QTs can bet and small pairs can bet aswell.

Comment

g

I am betting all of my range on this flop, as UTG1 this board connects well with my range and gives me a 70% premium made - 30% draw ratio. BB should be calling a small raise with a relatively wide range and 3 bet with the top pairs 10+ AK, AQ, AJ A10, KQ, KJ.

I am betting my premium hands and hands with a blocker to the straight as a bluff, i am check calling As, Ks,Qs with a low kicker.

Comment

• lpm
            lpm commented
            Editing a comment
            Suit selection is not important for this homework. On the flop you have hands like TT 99 marked as draws, pairs are marginal made hands. You mostly dont want to double barrel when you have second pair K here, they are marginal made especially after bet call on flop.

Comment

UTG+1 RFI

Name:	JUNE21 HW Preflop.png
Views:	212
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	49949
            I'll bet my whole range based on my range advantage

Name:	JUNE21 HW flop.png
Views:	208
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	49950
            ​​​​​​Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣)-3♥. What is your strategy?
            I'll continue to bet large a feel my range is polarized, but alarm bells will be ringing a bit our if opponent is competent so I'll bet/fold, bet/call some of my range if i get raised here. I'll be looking to continue with at least top pair, pair and draw

Name:	June21 HW Turn.png
Views:	209
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	49951
            super polarized here really screaming JT in my opponents hand, but ill continue to bet on river, facing a raise I would have to take in more about my opponent for a read or HUD stats be close with top pair.

Name:	June21 HW River.png
Views:	210
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	49952

Comment

UTG+1 RFI:

Click image for larger version  Name:	UTG+1 RFI.png Views:	43 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	49961

​Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K♦-Q♣. What is your strategy?

On the flop, having significant range and nut advantage. I will bet my entire range using the same sizing of around 1/2-2/3 pot.

Name:	image_11105.png
Views:	217
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	49962

Since the BB call a 2/3 pot bet on the flop, their range is suppose to strong coming to turn. I will c-bet turn with my premium and draws, then I will check with my marginal and junks.

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K♦-Q♣-3♥)-8♥. What is your strategy? Click image for larger version  Name:	River strat 2.0.JPG Views:	39 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	49965

By the river I will go all in with my premium hand and some bluffs blocking the nuts. I will check back my marginal and junks.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Invictus6996; 06-14-2021, 02:50 AM.

Comment

• Scotty
                Scotty commented
                Editing a comment
                On the turn, you've classified some hands that have a very good chance to win unimproved at showdown, even when bet and called (like AJ & AT) as DRW. This makes it appear in your stats as if you have more DRW than you actually do. This can cause to under-bluff the TRN and also mess up your strategy on the river. You might want reconsider whether these hands are PM, MM, or DRW

• Invictus6996
                Invictus6996 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the advice Scotty, I have just watched a video for turn c-bet where it says that normally PM: DRWS should be 1:1. So I will modify my turn strategy.

Pot 5.7bb, range & nut adv, rng bet

Pot 13.7bb

Pot 34.7bb, opn rng JT, A's, K's & Q's no AA, KK, QQ, AKs, flopzilla has his rng 51%

Comment

Last edited by Iainvirgo; 06-13-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Clearly not as refined as some of the entries I see - but here we go for a first try...

Comment

We have the range and nut advantage so we can bet entire range here

When we have such a strong advantage we can bet very often. Its hard to find enough bluffs so im betting underpairs as draws.

Comment

Opening strategy just a touch tighter than pokercoaching 40bb chart.

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A♠-K-Q♣. What is your strategy?
                      I have range advantage and nut advantage but lot of connectivity on this board so likely c-betting high frequency (50-75%) and sizing up to 50-66% of the pot with most hands.

Checking AA as not worried about getting all the money in on the end since only 40bb deep and also this blocks BB having Ax holdings. Betting QQ and KK as I unblock chances the villain has an A or K and so he's likely to continue to put money in the pot.

Bluff-raising with low pocket pairs and raising as a draw when I have a J or T in hand which isn't already a marginal made hand (except KJs which I feel can be bet some of the time).

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A♠-K-Q♣)-3. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A♠-K-Q♣-3)-8. What is your strategy?

Assuming a check from BB on the river - I am checking back AJs and AJo (I'm sure the solver will bet these because they block the straight also but I think in practice the villain often has 2 pair here). Check KQs and KQo for similar reason since villain arrives on the end with some A3s and AQ also although I can see these being mixed between all-in and check. I am betting strong hands for value (all-in bet).

I think the key topic to discuss is which hands left in my range are now bluffs on the river and given the texture of the board plus BB calling the whole way - how much does it make sense to bluff here. Presumably if BB had a strong hand they may raise on the river so interested to discuss which hands people select as bluffs and how often they think they should be bluffing here. Maybe the T9s or J9s some of the time but is it really worth it!?
                      Last edited by FlowersOfSulfur; 06-16-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Not knowing much about tournament play, I slightly tightened the GTO 40bb range and thereby simplified a bit. The flop smashes Hero's range, which I would think would justify a range bet here, but perhaps because Villain's BB range for calling an early position open is not too wide, could also call for a more mixed strategy, allowing Hero's super premium hands to extract value, allowing Villain to bet for Hero, and protecting Hero's weaker holdings. Checking AA and KK protects Hero's weaker Aces and Queens which can also check as well as 99 and the lower PPs, which check/bet 50/50, making it difficult for Villain to defend properly. Because BB calls, but does not raise, Hero can continue betting both premium and JJ and TT and half A9s, A8s, K9s, K8s as "bluffs," checking AK to protect Hero's checking range which consists of mostly weaker Aces, weaker Kings, and PPs lower than TT. The River doesn't change anything. Hero bets Hero's strongest 2P+ for a large enough size that a big pair might call and checks Hero's marginal holdings, expecting to make a decision about calling a bet by Villain based on size of bet (pot odds) and Villain's frequencies, being aware that Villain also arrives at the River with a VERY STRONG Range, although much more likely to have a big pair, because calling range is capped, than anything else.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	HEC3-JuneHW_Preflop.png Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	50098
                          GTO 40bb open UTG+1 with some range consolidation combining weaker holdings into bets with some of the stronger parts of bottom-of-range.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	HEC3-JuneHW_Flop.png Views:	0 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	50099
                          I divided the suited holdings into Pairs plus draws and gutters with backdoors, the remaining were divided into pairs with straight draws (marginal made) and junk. Unsuited mid and bottom pairs become draws with their relevant kickers.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	HEC3-JuneHW_Turn.png Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	50100
                          A3s now becomes premium made, All of the combos with pairs and no straight draw become marginal.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	HEC3-JuneHW_River.png Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	50101
                          Sets, straights and top two are bets. two pair without the A , top and bottom, and single pairs are checks. KQ two-pair checking seems a bit nitty with the passive play of the Villian.

Comment

This is my first homework, so I apologize if the formatting isn’t perfect.

On the flop we are going to be betting our range as we have 67% equity and a huge nut advantage. On this board and with our range and nut advantage, we should strongly consider triple barreling with our entire range.

On the turn, we should be continuing to barrel our entire range with our nut advantage despite the equity falling to 50/50 given his likely calling range. We still want value from our nut hands. Our marginal made hands block the nut hands that he could have. And if we are trying to be balanced, the small pairs must be our bluffs. We have over 20% 2pr plus vs our opponents 8% and 5% less nothing. On this board and with our nut advantage, we should strongly consider triple barreling with our entire range.

Given our sizing, by the river our opponent should have a slight equity advantage of about 55/45. Villain has improved his range composition slightly to containing about 15% 2pr plus, but still has 50% second and third pair hands that missed their gutshot draws to improve. Even if villain is continuing with A8 on the turn, he still only has 22% 2pr plus and still over 50% second and third pair hands. We have 25% 2pr plus and about 46% top pair plus.
                            We should be able to force a fold with a large bet if we have a solid image. Depending on the villian’s image, we may size down a little with our nut hands given the villain has so many weaker holdings in his range and will likely be forced to fold them to a larger bet.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My first homework challenge as well.

Preflop I would do the following:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (1).png Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	50135
                              Flop

Since I am a huge favourite on this board, I'm going to bet the whole range using a big bet size..

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (2).png Views:	0 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	50136

Turn

On the turn I have a lot of junk due to having bet the whole range on the street before. But I canot see if and how i could reduce the amount of junk.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (3).png
Views:	141
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	50139

River

Since I have round about 66% premium hands it allows me to bet the whole range using a potsize bet.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (4).png
Views:	142
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	50140
                              Last edited by MarcS; 06-18-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

My strategy on the flop is to continue betting with my premium made hands like sets, two pairs and Top pair good kicker , to bet my draws which are few , and check my marginals that would not really want to be called by a bet. (image under)

On the turn my strategy is to continue betting our whole range basically, the 3h on the turn could definitely hit BB range and give him quite a few two pair type hands like K3,Q3,etc. but when he check calls pre and just calls flop I think his range can be a combination of some straight draws and quite a few marginal made hands with weak kicker, like Kx, Qx, maybe some small pocket pairs. I'm not sure we want to risk checking it and giving up a free card on a somewhat drawy board when we dont have the nuts, we also want to extract value from villains marginal made hands when we have our premium made hands. Our range is very strong on the turn when we bet though and I don't know if we will get villain to put any more money in the pot with many marginal made hands , maybe checking is best?

On the river of an 8h and the villain just called our turn bet I don't expect him to be particularly strong here, the 8h doesn't complete anything so I expect to be ahead most of the time. I put villains range on mostly weaker Ax and maybe weak 2pair type hands like K3,Q3. I think we can continue extracting value with our nut hands, checking our weaker Ax on the river and bluff with our broken draws J9 and T9. Folding most of our non nut hands to a river re-raise if it happens

​​​​​​
                                Last edited by Zeldafan55; 06-18-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Name:	UTG1_RFI_40bb.png
Views:	140
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	50152

Above is the RFI strategy raising 282 combos 2.2bb

Suppose you raise to 2.2bbs, the BB calls and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes A
                                  -K-Q. What is your strategy?

Name:	UTG1_FLOP_vs_BB_defend.png
Views:	136
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	50153

So the BB defends preflop and checks this AKQ rainbow flop. We have a MASSIVE RANGE AND NUT ADVANTAGE approx 70% on this flop so we are going to BET ENTIRE RANGE ... typically a small sizing is best as we are betting everything including "Junk" ... here we will bet 4bb but a smaller bet can be good too. 25-30% pot as BB hands that we are targeting will call a small bet we want weak Ax Kx Qx to continue

Suppose you bet 4bbs and the BB calls. The turn comes the (A
                                  -K-Q)-3. What is your strategy?

Name:	UTG1_BB_TURN KEEP BARRELING.png
Views:	135
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	50154
                                  3h turn completing the rainbow is one of the best in the deck for us. Keep barreling away As the BB has not improved and we will fold out a significant portion of there range while still getting hands we beat to continue. We only begin checking our worst 48 combos the few actual junk hands and our worst under pairs 99-44. The basic Idea here is to keep on betting with massive range and nut advantage a large portion of the time and 60-120% pot should be good most of the time. and we can start sizing up setting up for a river jam (Or at least the threat thereof)

Suppose you bet 10.5bbs and the BB calls. The river comes the (A
                                  -K-Q-3)-8. What is your strategy?

Name:	RIVER.png
Views:	135
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	50155

OK so here we are we have raised preflop the BB defended and has checked and called flop and turn barrels. The 8h river doesnt change really much of anything we still have a large range and NUT advantage so we want to bet a lot. Just JAM 23.3bb whenever we do bet (80% of the time) With our premium hands and even some Ax Kx Qx with Ts and Js as well as JJ and TT we are bluffing blocking the nuts (Straights and best top pairs two pairs and sets) whle we do check back some weaker Ax combos and Kx which will even sometimes win at showdown .... maybe sprinkle an occasional checked back two pair but not often. Basically we have retained a large range and nut advantage and therefore we get to bet a lot and bet big having bet every street with a strong range on a favorable runout so weve got the value and we get to bluff .... Jam .... Fade the snap! Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

Comment

-Raise 2.5bbs

-Bet
                                        Betting frequency decision are base on the degree of range advantage, if the range advantage is small; bet less often, if range advantage is large bet more often.
                                        -The equity before flop is 60%(UTG+1) against 40%(BB). If BB(competent opponents) call the UTG+1 raise means BB don't have AA-JJ, AK, K9-KJ. After the flop UTG+1 have more K's and A's than BB. On all boards, PFR almost always has an absolute range advantage over a PFC(Pre Flop Caller) plus the position.

C-Bet 5bbs

-Bet a value Bet of 25% of the pot.

Comment

Comment

I didnt use range analyzer i put ranges in equilab n showed we were 65% on flop so i like the larger bet .3 doesnt change anything so a bet over 50% pot is ok. river we jam 8 didnt help and weve represented a strong hand the whole way. sorry its rudimentary but im still learning to use the different tools and my laptop

Comment

Preflop:

Flop: (Range Bet)

Turn: (No Slow-plays with nutted hands to get it in on the river):

River (All-In) - Approximately 23bb into 35bb. Villain needs ~28% equity to call.....we have about 25% bluffs in our river range.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Against competent opponents with 40bbs UTG+1 my strategy is:

I raise to 2.2. the BB calls the flop comes out As, Kd, Qc my strategy is:

I bet 4bbs the BB calls the turn is 3h my strategy is:

I bet 10.5bbs the BB calls the river is 8h my strategy is:

Recap: I noticed a few things with this range that I would like to note.
                                                          1) I noticed I am betting about 50/50 on this flop which is interesting I thought it would be more leaning like 70/30 with the range I started.
                                                          2) I noticed that if I bet the flop I continue with range on the turn.
                                                          3) I noticed that on the river I have very few bluffs and most of my weak holdings will be checking back for showdown.

Comment

I have 40 bbs and RFI from UTG+1 my strategy is:

I bet 2 bbs the bb calls the flop As, Kd, Qc, my strategy is:

Explain action-- I bet my entire range because I have both nut advantage and range advantage and because my opponent has a high connectivity rate.

I bet 3bbs the bb calls the turn is 8h my strategy is:

Explained: I am betting big again because we are now polarized and looking to triple barrel with hands like QT or QJ.

I bet 10.5 bbs the BB calls my strategy is:

Comment

I think on the river because we have such few bluffs and such a strong range, we can bet our whole range here. we have very few bluffs so we need to bet them so we are not only betting our premiums on the river.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X