March 2021 Homework Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2021 Homework Question

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are in the BB and face a BTN RFI to 2.2bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q
    -6-2. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 7bbs. The turn comes the 9
    . What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 12.5bbs and the BTN calls.

The river comes the 4
    . What is your strategy?

April

Click image for larger version

Name:	R15-052967 April 1.png
Views:	97
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	47185

Name:	R15-035391 April 2.png
Views:	96
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	47186

Name:	R15-049254 april 3.png
Views:	98
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	47187
    Last edited by Dilly; 03-15-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Benno

I can’t attend on this webinar

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are in the BB and face a BTN RFI to 2.2bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 7bbs. The turn comes the 9♠. What is your strategy?

The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Last edited by Gambit; 03-15-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy

Difficult decision:
        We end with 17,3BB and pot is 44,9 Turn and river card are all in our range and does improve our holdings. Straights and backdoor flush comes on the R. We have all the straights he doesn't have them. We win from a lot of overpairs and trips he could have. But we loose from all made backdoor flushes. If we check everything he puts us allin we only have to be right 21%. If we think he only bets with his flushes we should fold everything but a component player need to have some bluffs.

Comment

I don't know if this is a thing or not but I like to unblock the 2's and 3's from the BTNs range so I choose to straight up call with A2o and set mine with 22 and 33 rather than ship 40BB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MarchHW2021PrePlop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.8 KB ID:	46548

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-6-2. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	MarchHW2021Flop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	46551

Suppose you raise to 7bbs. The turn comes the 9. What is your strategy?

I'm betting these ranges on turn and river, not check raising.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MarchHW2021Turn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.5 KB ID:	46554

The river comes the 4
          . What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	MarchHW2021River.jpg Views:	23 Size:	189.8 KB ID:	46557
          Last edited by kkep; 02-24-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

PREFLOP
            Click image for larger version  Name:	pre.png Views:	0 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	46480

FLOP

Click image for larger version  Name:	flop 0 0 2 20.png Views:	0 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	46845

The BB uses paired hands for draws:

- A6, K6 have 6 outs counting backdoors. They block the '6', and they are not dominated. Also, it's better to bet now than to face future bets.
            - A2, K2 are not draws since the '2' does not need blocking.
            - 65s, 64s are somewhat similar but with backdoor straight and flush potentials.

85s and 75s are drawing to 3 backdoor straights, and 95s, 74s are not.

TURN
            Click image for larger version  Name:	turn 0 14 0 0.png Views:	0 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	46603
            KsXs, 6s5s, 6s4s, Js8s, Ts8s,and other suited spades can be called off if raised (required equity is 18.3/81.5=22%.)

RIVER
            Click image for larger version  Name:	rvr 1 14 0 8.png Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	46606
            QJ may be on the cusp of being a value hand, but the remaining value range is strong. So the strategy is to bet QJ.
            Last edited by edy; 03-08-2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Using the 40BB charts, here is my strategy

Click image for larger version  Name:	preflop action.png Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	46594

The button has a very wide range, and this flop does not necessarily favour him, although he has the nuts advantage, as I raised my best Queens preflop.

My strategy here depends on his stats, how aggressive he is with continuation bets, etc. Given he is assumed competent, I think he will continuation bet more often that he hits the flop (he may very well be betting with his entire range on this flop), and therefore I will check raise with top and second pair - which may be a bit too aggressive, but my 6s will need protection and we are relatively low in blinds.

Assuming antes, the flop pot will be 5.7BB, my MDF = 1 - (2/7.7) = 74% - here is my strategy, which defends 72%. I need to keep essentially all my suited hands, my aces and kings and some back door straight draws in my calling range in order not to fold too often.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_10311.png Views:	4 Size:	140.3 KB ID:	46595

When he calls he has either a marginal made hand or a draw, on the turn I continue betting with my two pair hands (premium) and my flush and straight draws. My checking range is well protected as it only includes paired hands in fact.

The turn pot is 19.7BB, we have 30BB behind. I bet two third pot or 13BB to set up an all in river action.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Turn action.png Views:	0 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	46596

Suppose you bet 12.5bbs and the BTN calls. The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy?

I feel this is a better river card for me than for the opponent. It brings the flush and complete some of my lower straight draws with the 3-5 combos he probably does not have.
              The pot is now 45BB and we have 17BB left.

I bet all in with all my flushes and straights as well as the set of 2s. Also with my weaker one pair hands as bluffs. This leaves my checking range made of two pair combos (which I will call his bet with), and the QJ combos, so in very good position if he checks behind. The ratios of premium to bluff and made hands to air are good.

Now if he goes all in after my check, I will be priced in to call with my two pair hands, but will lose whenever he has made a flush.

Name:	river action.png
Views:	396
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	46601
              Last edited by MichelG; 02-23-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-03-A.png Views:	23 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	46490

Name:	2021-03-B.png
Views:	192
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	46992
                Did my best to find draws but this board is incredibly dry.

Suppose you raise to 7bbs (I presume the BTN calls this raise). The turn comes the 9♠. What is your strategy?

Name:	2021-03-C.png
Views:	193
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	46993
                Now we have a number of legitimate draws. So that I don't have too many, I'm putting some of the nut flush draws in the checking range since they have the highest showdown value.

Suppose you bet 12.5bbs and the BTN calls. The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy?

Name:	2021-03-D.png
Views:	191
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	46994
                We have 18.8 BB left and the pot is 45.9 BB. If I jam he needs to call with 45.9 / (18.09 + 45.9) = 70.8% = 71% of his range. Given how dry the flop was and how much he's put in to this pot, it's difficult to envision a hand that he got to the river with that doesn't call it off.

Still, I need to bluff with something so I'm using my K-high diamond and club missed gutshot hands as bluffs since they block KQ and KK. The value range is Q2 and better. I'm checking QJ and the remaining missed gutshots since those missed draws don't have any good blockers.
                Last edited by McLovin; 03-09-2021, 11:36 PM.

Comment

that 4 made all my hands disappeared
                  Last edited by MichelG; 02-23-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• kkep
                    kkep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You took some combos you 3! pre flop to the flop with you. ATs AJs ATo

• kkep
                    kkep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also you're river range seems a bit convoluted. I would suggest trying to simplify it.

This would be my starting range, fairly wide against the BTN

The BTN bets 2 BB, I'm calling with my marginal hands (bottom/ mid pairs including pockets, top pair bad kickers and some cards that have backdoor equity like KJo), raising top pair top kicker and KJs that hit one of the suits on the board

If i raised to 7bb, and the turn was a 9s, im still betting with top pair top kickers as well as my KJs draw and trips

On the river im checking top pair. I will still bet my completed flush draw and trip

Comment

• kkep
                    kkep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your pre-flop range is way to tight.

Last edited by GinDC; 02-20-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• kkep
                    kkep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think we have to call with 54 on the river. You might want to bluff some of them since you have 8 combos of Q6 in your range. I have a feeling you can actually go all in with your entire range there and I doubt the 4x has much if any showdown value so I would play them as a fold or bluff.

I guess the 6h2h is in your checking range?
                    You don't have the Qc2c but the program calculates that for you anyway.

1) Here I will be pretty Polar on the BB. I don't want to be pushed off hands like KQs and JTs that flop well. I will adjust based on the opponent BTN open Frequency

2) Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs (about 1/3 pot). What is your strategy?

I think my opponent has a small range and nut advantage: More AQ, AA-KK-QQ, strong Queens possibly. His range is very wide though. I feel I have alot of junk in my range. Not sure how to adjust !

3) Suppose you raise to 7bbs. The turn comes the 9♠. What is your strategy? Weirdly I don't see much junk as I continue to pressure with all my godshots. Is that too much poor draws in my betting range?

4) Suppose you bet 12.5bbs and the BTN calls. The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy?

Here I would continue bluffing with my early draws that has no show-down value. 4s is good for my range so it gives me some credibility. I would continue with J8s-JTs-KTs-KJs that missed as bluffs and have no showdown value. I would check my small 4s that gave me some small showdown value. Though I think my opponents range now crushes these.

Thank you ! I love homeworks Looking forward for the reviews

All the best,

Sébastien

Comment

Last edited by Larry H; 02-27-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Martin; 02-28-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Last edited by RealJPB; 02-28-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Facing a range bet from a wide BTN open, I want to find as many continues as possible. In an effort to decrease the mass amount of junk in my range, I raise anything with a 3,4,or 5 that doesnt have SDV. I had to count all top pairs as premium so I can also raise a very large amount of draws. I slowplay Q6 and Q2 because they crush on this dry board. Im raising 62 because it doesnt block top pair. Also raising almost all bottom pairs to deny equity.

After trying to find as many continues as possible on the flop, I come to the turn with slightly too much junk, so I have to x/c with all my 2's which i dont like. I still have plenty of good barreling combos

I choose to bluff with the combos that doesnt block his 54s, which is his only flopped straight draw
                          Last edited by Raddad_101213; 03-06-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I am using the ranges from the PokerCoaching app. I am not showing the weightings, but actually I am using them, so 64o is a sometimes fold, KJo is a sometimes raise, some of the pairs are split between raises and shoves, etc. Any hand that I ever call, I show as a call here even if it's only a fraction of the time; so anything I show as a 3bet or All-In is never a call and will drop from the analysis with this particular flop.

Pio has the BTN c-betting 2bb only 57% of the time (bigger bets 14%, check 29%), but the c-bet isn't overly informative as few hands are near 100% checks or larger bets (only a few specific hands are almost always checks, such as JJ and 76s). So the c-bet doesn't do much to differentiate his range from his opening BTN raise range.

We generally raise with our two pairs and better queens and A6 and A2 hands, though we hold back some of these some of the time to protect our calling range.
                            With such a dry board, our bluffs are backdoor combos such as T9s, 85s, 53s, K4s (all other than hearts).

Interesting that Pio figures K5s, K4s, and K3s (again, all other than hearts) to be good bluffs. I guess we have a lot of strong hands in our range to raise, and not a lot of great bluffs, so the back door straight, back door flush, and non-ace overcard is apparently enough.

Other than that, mostly we're folding our garbage and calling with any excuse -- we're even calling with the 53o gutshot.

Pio likes 20% raise to 7bb, 44% call, 36% fold. The numbers below don't capture Pio's weightings and where I specified suits, the alternative isn't always fold, so things don't line up exactly with Pio.

With his call of our raise, we now get some differentiation as Pio says he would have folded 38% of his range to our raise and re-raised 5%.
                            He is left with some pairs, overpairs and a lot of A- and K-high back door flush draws and some back door flush/straight combo draws.

Against this, with the second spade coming in on the turn, we'll mostly raise our queens and our combo flush draw/gutshots.
                            I gave Pio the option of a smaller bet here (6bb), which it used for mostly the same hands but more often the weaker queens. So the 12.5bb raise it heavy on QJo and QT, but includes all the other Q hands as well. All these hands also get checked sometimes, as do two pairs and one pairs, to protect the checking range.

Interestingly, Pio does not like raising the two pair hands very much. We check 52% of the time, so that range needs all these hands for protection.
                            As for the raises, Pio likes All-In only a bit more than1% of the time, Bet 12.5bb 27%, and Bet 6bb 20%.

The chart doesn't show it, but some of the hands like 5s4s, 8s5s, etc. are also getting raised sometimes.

This is really fascinating. We're pretty much shoving everything. Actually, Pio shaves off a sliver of each combo to add up to a 15% check range, but generally, we're shoving 85% and every hand in our range at this point is a shove. Some of the 15% is really clean up of stray percentages of combos that I'm showing as N/A here but are still in Pio's range.

I think we can shove with virtually everything because we already have the right mix of hands. We hit our spade flushes and we still have some top pairs, so everything is either a great or decent hand, so even if we missed the flush, he can't bluff-catch without a rather good hand himself.

Shoving is 18.2bb into a pot that's 37.7bb, basically half pot. We're nearly committed anyway. Checking merely gives him the option of shoving and putting us in a difficult spot, so we don't want to do that very often.

The chart below shows 100% shove, I can't easily show what Pio wants us to do, but it's really "only" 85% shove, 8% check/call, 7% check/fold.

Comment

Last edited by Simon B; 02-21-2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

PREFLOP

FLOP

TURN

RIVER

Comment

• Billy poker
                                  Billy poker commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks for the feed back on last months homework, it has helped high light some mistakes I've been making in 3-bet pots time to study

When this gets reviewed can someone ask if having a pure call/fold range would be ok on the flop?

I think this would be more profitable?
                                Attached Files

Comment

• kkep
                                  kkep commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I would say no. In fact I don't think I raised enough so I'm going to run through it again.

wip

Comment

wip

Comment

In progress

• The 40BB chart have a 3% All-in range but to simplify my play I just rolled that range into my calling range.

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Last edited by SeanT; 03-10-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

​In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are in the BB and face a BTN RFI to 2.2bbs. What is your strategy?

This is our preflop strategy 40bb deep in the Big Blind facing a 2.2bb open from the BTN. The hands in pink we will jam ... in blue we will 3bet and hands in green we will call and see a flop. I chose to take off a few combos at the very bottom of the defending range.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Pot = 2.2 + 2.2 + 1 + 0.5 = 5.7 // eff stack = 40bb - 2.2 = 37.8bb /// SPR = 37.8/5.7 = 6.63

We check BTN bets 2bb 35%pot .... MDF =75% we need 25% equity to continue

Name:	FLOP_checkfacebet.png
Views:	382
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	46628
                                      So we check and face this bet we are folding 38.4% of our preflop defending range ... and it is OK to underdefend below MDF OOP facing a bet. The Green marginal made hands we call. This is Some Ace high combos but mostly or 6s for second pair and our 2s for 3rd bottom pair. I included our Qs for top pair with weakest kicker so we have some top pairs when we call flop cbet. The Draws we raise are lots of backdoor straight draws between 6 and Q and KT KJ which block/wrap around the Q and provide str8 draws and 1 or 2 overs as well as all other back door spade diamond and heart flush draws. We also raise our best queens and Q2 62 two-pair combos. We have 2:1 draws to premium made in raising range. Again we have a little more jynk in checking range than wed like but we are at a range disadvantage and nut disadvantage on this board defending the BB.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********

Name:	TURN_STRATEGY_BBvsBTN_40bb.png
Views:	382
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	46629

POT = 5.7 +2+2 = 9.7 /// Effective stack = 37.8 - 2 = 35.8BB

So we call flop cbet and the 9s falls. Above is our strategy. I suppose I wouldnt mind continuing to mostly check after check-calling flop but there is some merit in leading turn on cards that improve our equity. I feel like BTN is cbetting flop often and when we call and lead turn it will generate some folds which is especially beneficial with our draws. Notice we have a more closer to even premium made to draw ratio here on the turn and that is good. Our checking range is still somewhat weak and we have a fair amount of check-giveups with the junk in our range. For this reason maybe sometimes check the turn with Queens up (Q6 / Q2) to be a bit more balanced.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************

The river comes the 4♠. What is your strategy?​

POT = 9.7 + 12.5 +12.5 = 34.7bb /// eff stack 35.8bb - 12.5bb = 22.2bb Click image for larger version

Name:	RIVER_STRATEGY_BBvsBTN40bb.png
Views:	383
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	46630

So above is our river strategy. We have 22BB and if we jam thats 22..2bb into 34.7bb 64% pot .... We would need 2/3 value/bluffs but our betting range is very strong with lots of flushes so we jam all of those plus our offsuit KsJx and KsTx combos as bluffs blocking flushes with the Ks .... We can also afford to put not only our Qs for top pair but also our Q^/Q2 two-pair combos and check-call with a fairly strong range on the river as well.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (PF).png Views:	0 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	46657

Using the BB vs raise 40bb GTO chart, I would be using this strategy. I combined some percentages for specific hands.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (F).png Views:	0 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	46658

I like to c/r my strongest queens, two pairs, draws, and some pairs with backdoor draws as well as turning some hands into bluffs. We have so much junk when defending from the BB that I found it very difficult to come close to balancing my marginal made and junk ratio. I also had a hard time finding enough draws so I used some middle pair hands turned into bluffs and some middling cards with backdoor equity. Our c/r would deny equity to hands that might range bet on this board from BTN.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (T).png Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	46659
                                        I am continuing to bet my best made hands and most draws. I don’t think every Qx hand is a premium here, but I am going to continue to bet with them. When the BTN flats my c/r on the flop, it leads me to put him on a one-pair hand or maybe a weaker two-pair. I don’t think he has an over-pair or set that would continue in this manner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (R).png Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	46660

Interesting river since most of my c/r range that continued on the turn gets there. I think I am supposed to check some nutted hands to keep my checking range protected. I would call off most of the two-pair combos and better after checking. I elected to bet QJ since it is my worst one pair hand and check QT. Though, I think betting both would be fine. since this river range is so strong. I almost feel like the right play is to jam everything since we have about 17 bbs left and the pot is about 45 bbs.
                                        Last edited by capoccij; 02-25-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

preflop BB strategy facing rfi from BTN 40 bb

Flop after preflop call

Turn

Name:	Turn.png
Views:	350
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	46689

River - check everything

Name:	River1.png
Views:	347
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	46690
                                          Last edited by Donn Pattinson; 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Raise 18bb+ (depending on table dynamics and opponent read) but yes I'm pretty much committed,. So I'm going to rep the flush and if called... Well I fold

Comment

Tournament BB Facing BTN RFI 2.2bb 40bb Effective.

Preflop.

We Call The Flop Comes Qs- 6d- 2c.

Flop

We Check

BTN Bets 2bbs

We Raise To 7bbs

The Turn Comes 9s.

We Bet 12.5bbs.

TURN

The River Comes 4s

Not 1OO% sure what to do on the river with my entire range, I think going all in with everything is an option,
                                              whether that's a good option or not I am just not sure.

River

Last edited by st3vemac; 02-26-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

my analysis:
                                                preflop Mostly call 3 bet premium & a few bluff raises

Name:	R01-067844.png
Views:	306
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	46749
                                                flop: Calling mostly queen x, raise some over pairs

Name:	R01-063689.png
Views:	307
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	46750
                                                Turn: Call with some queen highs, raise overcards & 3 bet with 2 pairs, call with trips

Name:	R01-042992.png
Views:	304
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	46751
                                                river: call with kings & aces & some 2 pair hands raise with trips

Name:	R01-005974.png
Views:	305
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	46753
                                                Attached Files

Comment

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-6-2. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy?

The river comes the 4. What is your strategy?

Comment

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are in the BB and face a BTN RFI to 2.2bbs. What is your strategy

Name:	Pre Flop.png
Views:	297
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	46767

Name:	Flop Decision.png
Views:	296
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	46770

Name:	Turn Bet.png
Views:	295
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	46768

Name:	River Bet Check.png
Views:	297
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	46769

Attached Files

Comment

BB response 40bb to button RFI

Name:	March 1.1.png
Views:	287
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	46781

Flop Qs,6d,2c....checking range

Name:	march 1.2.png
Views:	287
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	46782

response to 30% button c-bet

Name:	March 1.3.png
Views:	290
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	46784

after raising flop comes 9s turn...

Name:	March 1.4.png
Views:	289
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	46783

after turn bet, river 4s... bet size used will be allin

Name:	March 1.5.png
Views:	289
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	46785

Comment

Taken from the PCC 40bb GTO MTT charts, rendered as a pure strategy (no mixing), with some jams, rather more (but still few) 3-bets, and lots of calls.

Note that we have *no* sets in our range; our very best hands are two-pair hands. But we have almost all the two pair hands, lacking only the combos of 62o. Treat our two-pair, QJ, and QT combos as premium, we have 44 combos we are raising for value. We want roughly twice as many bluffs. We have gutshot straight draws, backdoor nut flush draws, and three-card straight draws as bluffing candidates. If we emphasize backdoor draws (and backdoor flush blockers for offsuit combos) we can get 86 combos of bluffs. Our remaining single-pair hands are marginal made hands, and the rest are junk.

We probably should check our weaker top-pair hands, i.e. QT, leaving QJ and two pair as our premium value bets. We have some OESDs now, back door flush draws, and a couple of big combo draws including 8s7s as a straight flush draw. Make our straight and nut flush draw combos our bluffs gives us twice as many bluffs as value bets.

We are treating our two pair combos as marginal made hands, and betting our flushes for value (seven combos). With our JT combos and our 43s combos as bluffs we have our value range balanced.

Comment

We have a mostly linear 3-betting range, a wide calling range, and some 3-bet bluffs, mostly w/ offsuit hands that do poorly on most flops, though I'd mix in calling against a tight opponent, as in someone who has a VPIP of <20 no matter the position.

So, we've got a pretty messed up range. We have more bluffs than we should, and a lot of marginal made hands relative to junk, but that's cause I'm calling all my Qs here marginal. You could upgrade QJ and QT to get the numbers more resembling a 1:2 premium to bluffs, 1 to 2 raises to calls, 1 to 2 continues/folds, but this seems reasonable. We are raising any A6 or A2 for protection.

This is a great card for a lot of our bluffs, even some non-spade ones. A lot, however, are giving up, and we get caught tf out, but we tried. Our Ax are check-folding unless it's a spade. We're not going to pointlessly barrel w/ a middle or bottom pair when our opponent clearly has something half decent. Our primos are still continuing, but if we were betting for value, this card is troubling, as it ends up being better for our opponent's range.

I sense that I've messed up at some point, because I have only arrived at this river w/ premium hands. I literally have no bluffs when the spade comes. So, we just get it all-in and either get a fold or win.

Comment

Name:	3-21 pre.png
Views:	264
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	46819

Name:	3-21 flop.png
Views:	264
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	46818

Click image for larger version  Name:	3-21 trn.png Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	46815

Click image for larger version  Name:	3-21 rvr.png Views:	0 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	46816
                                                            Attached Files
                                                            Last edited by slacker; 03-03-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 40bb stack, you are in the BB and face a Button RFI to 2.2bbs. What is your strategy? This is a small raise, which is not unusual for this stage of the tourney. He can be min-stealing to protect his stack. At 40bbs deep, I need to defend the bb really wide, as I can’t allow my blinds to be nicked easily. Initially, I 3-bet all my best hands but this left me with nothing much to play with on the next street. I had to include some of my 3-betting hands in my checking range, for balance.

My pre-flop response to a button raise. This includes checked AA, QQ and AQ(s) and A4(s) to protect and balance my checking range and 3-betting ranges.

Name:	BB preflop defence.png
Views:	260
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	46832

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Qs,6d,2c. Pot 3.7bbs. You check and the button bets 2bbs. What is your strategy? I removed all my betting/raising hands and again had to come up with a balanced strategy. I’m betting my premiums and bdfd’s, 2prs and sets. I also check some marginals with top pairs in there for balance. I also tried to balance out the % figures for betting and checking.

My Flop strategy.

Name:	BB flop strategy.png
Views:	256
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	46833
                                                              Suppose you raise to 7bbs. The turn comes 9s. What is your strategy? Could I have kept my calling hands as it was a X-raise? I was unsure. I did remove my checking hands. I now have several flush draws. The villain should be wary as my X-raise move reeks of strength. I tried to balance the ranges here as well. I bet my overpair and set and also some spade flush and str88 draws. I check my marginal mades and some top pairs, including AQ, for balance. I checked my gutshot low straight draw as junk and will give up to a large bet.
                                                              Turn strategy.

Name:	BB turn strategy.png
Views:	255
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	46834

Suppose you bet 12.5bbs and the button calls. The river comes 4s. What is your strategy? By this time, I have bet over half my stack and feel I am pretty committed to the pot. I bet my premium spade flushes and use my 2 x pair hand as a bluff (could use 10/7 but needed some junk. J7 should be spades. My top pairs and lower flushes, I’ve checked and will call a shove. Think I’d have been better shoving the lot though. By this time, there is 43.9bbs in the middle and I should have under 20bbs left.

Name:	BB river strategy.png
Views:	256
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	46835

Comment

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-3.png
Views:	244
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	46849

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-4.png
Views:	248
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	46850

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-5.png
Views:	248
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	46851

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-6.png
Views:	244
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	46852

Comment

Thanks for reviewing my last hand in February!

I tried not to get as 'fancy' this time and include more bluffs this time out.

I still have a tough time getting the range analyzer to properly layer the different suits. This causes the final range to look value-heavy. I'd be bluffing the various suited hands like (KJs and KTs as well as 85s all non-Spades to balance the value-heavy river bet at the end here.

Comment

Comment

My first homework assignment since joining Premium - let's see how it goes!

Originally posted by the10kclub View Post
                                                                      Using the PokerCoaching pre-flop 40bb range against BTN RFI seems reasonable starting point. I’d be thinking also about BTN’s c-bet tendency/aggression factor and maybe tighten my calling range slightly by removing a small % of the offsuit calls (e.g. 96o, Q4o) if they were overly aggressive - keeping in mind a good MDF.
                                                                      Against a competent field - I am playing solid pre-flop, looking to see what develops on the flop and taking it from there.

The BTN should be raising pre-flop with approx. 50% of his range so a lot of the combos with 2’s and 6’s will be missing from his range. The rainbow and relative dryness of the board along with the fact the Q should hit him more than it hits me should mean the BTN is c-betting at a reasonably high frequency. A C-bet from the villain is not unexpected and I get good pot odds to continue with most of my range. A strong check-raise (2/3's pot+) on some middle pairs might also be worth considering. I am mainly peeling a card here looking at backdoor flushes and straights. I will re-raise with a lot of the Qx combos but am very wary of even calling some of those "premium made hands" at this point.

The fact Villain calls a flop re-raise to 7bbs then calls a turn bet of 12.5bbs puts him at the top of his range in my eyes. Potential candidates are AA, KK, AQ(s), sets, and two pairs albeit we hold most of the two pairs in our range.

My strategy look like this:

The betting has been pretty sharp and I don't feel there is much space for bluffs at this point. AsQs is a concern but I'd be shoving with all my flushes and straights now. It seems unlikely a competent player would call 3:1 on the turn with only a flush draw. I am check-folding all single pairs. Check-calling all two-pairs (62s might be a fold - being weak to Q9 combos which would make sense for the Villain to hold). Begrudgingly check-calling with my set of 2's as an over set also seems reasonable for the Villain to hold given his call on the turn. I could be persuaded easily that I should be value betting them all-in given the remaining stack sizes. I don't think there is much fold equity and my intuition tells me they are possibly not as strong as they seem.

Last edited by FlowersOfSulfur; 03-07-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Something to note: This is my first time actually doing the homework so go easy. As I Post this and compare this to previous postings I realize I should be 3-betting the BTN's raise a lot more then I put in my Charts below. It makes sense given he is raising very wide himself and might need to shut down if I catch him at the bottom of his range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	March21-1.png Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	46920

Click image for larger version  Name:	March21-2.png Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	46921

Click image for larger version  Name:	March21-3.png Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	46922

Click image for larger version  Name:	March21-4.png Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	46923

Comment

1. Follow the PC 40BB preflop charts for that spot. I'm not normally jamming any hands at 40BB which will now change.

2. I am raising all Queens and high Spades to keep nut Flush draws in my range, check calling my low flush draws and two pairs, check folding with sixes and twos.

3. My range now has a few low flush draws which I will bet call and two pairs, these are hands which I will bet drawing to the full house.

4. I am not liking the 4 of spades as it is very likely that the villain has a flush. With the flush draw on the board, I'm not sure why the villain would call a 3/4 bet on the turn without a flush draw.

Check calling might be the best option with the view to splitting the pot should villain not have A or K. Going all in will just get called by a better flush or if less than a Queen high then we split the pot anyway??

Check Call

Comment

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the BTN bets 2bbs. What is your strategy

First time doing the homework and not really a tourney player so probably way off the mark but can only learn!

Comment

• #44
                                                                              First homework after enrolled on the middle of February to premium coaching

Comment

• #45
                                                                                Homework March 2021:

Name:	preflop.png
Views:	190
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	47015

Name:	flop.png
Views:	185
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	47016

Name:	turn.png
Views:	184
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	47017

Name:	river.png
Views:	186
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	47018

First time submitting a homework. Still getting my head around the adjustment feature for suited cards. If I plan to fold the non flush draws they go into Junk, if i plan to call with them they'd go into marginal i believe?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                  Hereby my the first time to submit the homework challenge. I struggled a lot with finding bluffs on the river as the board run out was so good for my range. Looking forward to the review!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                    my first guess as to our range would be something like the following, I was surprised to see alot of jamming all-in with small pairs and offsuit broadways in the GTO charts

After reviewing GTO charts , I will implement a strategy as follows

On the flop the pot is 5.9 (assuming bb ante) so the MDF is around 75% , so I will respond as follows

I checkraise to 7bb and the Btn calls , making the pot 19.9bb and the turn is the 9s.

My strategy will be something like this

After our 12.5bb bet is called , we see the 4s river, and we are left with 13 comboc of 2 pr and 3 combos of sets , all of which i will be check/calling

end
                                                                                    Last edited by Anavar; 03-13-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	March2021HW1.png Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	47101
                                                                                      I've added in some A high and K high 3-bets for greater board coverage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	March2021HW2.png Views:	0 Size:	109.2 KB ID:	47102
                                                                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	March2021HW3.png Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	47103
                                                                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	March2021HW4.png Views:	0 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	47104
                                                                                      My JTo and 54o bluffs on the river have a spade.
                                                                                      Last edited by HemtheMaster; 03-13-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• #49

Name:	image_10449.png
Views:	151
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	47117 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10452.png
Views:	153
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	47118 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10450.png
Views:	150
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	47119 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10451.png
Views:	151
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	47120

My first Lesson!! I'm not sure this uploaded properly. Also, I know I am missing hands. I had a difficult time understanding the suit recount/adjust system.
                                                                                        Also, I did not know whether to include bluffs in my pre flop range?
                                                                                        Last edited by Andrea Thomas; 03-14-2021, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                          I wanted the ratios of 3-bets for value/bluffs to be approx. 1:1, so I chose bluffs that were pips to some calling hands. Also. being in the BB, we have a huge, wide, polar range.

All the two cards that had a six or two became marginal made, and all the two cards that were two of the same suite except for hearts (no heart on the rainbow board)

Name:	image_10455.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	47140

Name:	march 2021 River.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	47143
                                                                                          Attached Files
                                                                                          Last edited by Andrea Thomas; 03-14-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• #51

Comment

• #52
                                                                                              forgot to color code the river the rite way was in a rush to just finish
                                                                                              Attached Files
                                                                                              Last edited by kennetheskasoni@gmail.com; 03-14-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• #53

(MDF = 4.9/ (4.9 + 2) = 71%

The river comes the 4. What is your strategy?

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                  V wide range pre flop. Range becomes v narrow after raising the flop.
                                                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                    pre flop

Name:	HWC March 2021 Pre-Flop.png
Views:	111
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	47180
                                                                                                    flop

Name:	march 20210 flop.jpg
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	47182turn

Name:	HWC March 2021 Turn.jpg
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	47183
                                                                                                    river

Name:	HWC March 2021 River.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	47184
                                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                    X