February 2021 Homework Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2021 Homework Question

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 60bb stack, everyone folds to you on the lojack. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.5bbs and the button 3-bets to 8bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call and the flop comes A
    -6-2. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A
    -6-2)-9. You check and the button checks behind.

The river is the (A
    -6-2-9)-K. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the button bets 100% pot. What is your strategy?

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 60bb stack, everyone folds to you on the lojack. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.5bbs and the button 3-bets to 8bbs. What is your strategy?
    Since the Btn should be 3 betting polar, we want to have a linear 4 betting range , as we dont want to fold out his bluffs.

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?
    We don't have many XR bluffs , so I'm playing a pure call or fold strat.

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6♦-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind.

The river is the (A♠-6♦-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy?

Last edited by Anavar; 02-09-2021, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• kkep
      kkep commented
      Editing a comment
      Anavar You can't just raise your strongest combos on the flop. You need to find some draws/bluffs or you're playing face-up. You're also over folding to a tiny bet
      It's certainly ok to over fold OOP in a 3! pot but I don't think we get to dump 54% here.

I don't think leading with A9s is a good strategy either. How would you classify that? Are you bluffing, if so what value combos are you balancing it with? Is it value if so what bluffs are you balancing it with?

I don't think it's a value combo so you're essentially turning a good MM hand into a bluff. That might be a thing on PIO for all I know but if you asked to find a leading range I highly doubt it would chose just one combo.

You're not that far off on the flop if you just make some minor tweaks. Dump that lead, find a couple more MM to call with and find a few draws to balance your value xr range.

HTH

• Anavar
      Anavar commented
      Editing a comment
      kkep thank you, i agree with all those things. This is kind of a second draft, the first one, I did without looking at any pf charts or post flop solutions. I was overcalling the flop , according to the solve I ran, and the solver was actually leading the A9s on the turn. I'll do it over and try to implement those changes you pointed out, as Im know i'm not on a high enough level to look at a solver and override basic fundamental strat.

• lpm
      lpm commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure you use the standard labels, not your own labels, you can choose Preflop linear, polar and postflop caller and agressor. Using standard labels is easier to correct for JL!

You are not 4betting enough vs the 3bet, you need hands like JJ, A4s, TT, I would personally spice it up a bit with an AQo aswell!
      vs 25% bet you need to defend 80% of your range, make sure you dont overfold!

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6♦-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind.

Last edited by Martin; 02-15-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• lpm
      lpm commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the grepo. Beware; he will take your chips!

• Martin
      Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea potatos chips beware

Benno

Working on it
    Last edited by Gambit; 02-17-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB2021HWopenrange (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	45505

For simplicity I'm going to tighten this up a bit as I typically will 4! AQo AJo some portion as well as call some and fold some.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB2021HWopenrangevs3bet (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.1 KB ID:	45506

Suppose you call and the flop comes A-6-2. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

I guess I can find a few more bluffs to get me closer to MDF but I'm still not going to meet it. I think getting it within 10% in a 3! pot OOP would be ok tho.

I think check raising here is probably a mistake.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB2021HWflop (4).jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.5 KB ID:	45507

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A-6-2)-9. You check and the button checks behind.

I think if we can use 77 as bluffs we would rather block the spades, (V's continue range) than unblocked them?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB2021HWturn (5).jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.5 KB ID:	45508

The river is the (A-6-2-9)-K. What is your strategy?

I really feel like we should lead some here but I can't find any combos I want to turn into bluffs. So I suppose check calling is fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB2021HWriver9 (9).jpg Views:	33 Size:	167.8 KB ID:	45512
      Last edited by kkep; 02-08-2021, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        You're probably right

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        I want more 4b bluffs preflop, give me that A4s and that AQo! Your preflop range is a bit too lose aswell, pretty sure you don't open the A9o or the J8s from UTG2 anyway.

On flop you need to meet MDF. You are missing backdoors like QsJs to Ts9s and you need to continue with the other ones aswell. That will help your MDF.

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        lpm for real for real I rarely open K6s K7s(but I do open 76s) from the LJ everything else is in my normal range. The problem in my games is when opening from EP-MP most flops go multi-way. At least until we start getting near the money. Once most are playing more honestly I expand my range a bit getting to play more pots HU

I'm pretty sure OOP we don't have to met MDF and or defend BD draws as often in 3! pots. That said we're probably suppose to get a little closer than I did.

I suppose I could call 2 combos of 65s rather than xf those, KQs 1 combo, raise all the BDFD BDSD 98s 87s 4 more combos that's 7 more total which gets my MDF up to 73% instead of 67%. The solver will probably be about 78%. I find that it typically under defends OOP by 2% give or a take a tiny bit.

The problem I see is we probably don't actually get to xr on this flop so I might do this over
        Last edited by kkep; 02-05-2021, 06:02 AM.

• Pot is 18.5bb (8 + 8 + 2.5 blinds and antes)
      • Vs a tiny cbet (4.6bb) our MDF is 20% (4.6 / 23.1 = 19.9%)
      • OOP in a 3Bet pot we just don't get to lead often and as the SPR is less, we will get all-in with our nut hands by the River anyway
      • JThh and T9hh used as pure CR bluffs - NOT DRAWS

• When Btn cks behind he should still have some weaker Ax in his checking range aswell as flush draws so we can't just start leading with all of our Ax and 2 pair type hands.
      • With the flush coming we need to keep some flushes and/or sets in our ck-call range and allow him to bluff
      • I would take a strong ck-call line with most of my range due to the run-out, looking to call most bets with my strongest hands that are mainly strong TP, sets and flushes
      • I could also block bet with my AQ hands that beat Btn weaker Ax he checked Turn with
      • If I choose to lead the AQ, I specifically want the Qs in my hand if possible, to block the flushes Btn could have

• When he bets pot, we have to defend 33%
      • I kept JTss in my checking range specifically because it blocks Btn having QJss/QTss
      • Being a 3Bet pot with a lower SPR and his big River bet making him very polarized, I don't think I can have any CR bluffs in this spot. I am only CR JTss because it is essentially the Nuts and blocks him having the Nuts
      • Our Ck-Call range is just strong enough to meet MDF although I wouldn't be mega happy about calling off with the A5,A8 and even AT on this board (maybe a bit nitty)
      • It I did choose to CR bluff I would probably use the TT with the Ts or my worst pair 55 but in reality I would much rather call the bet with a stronger range and take my chances whilst still leaving me half a stack to work with

Last edited by Simon B; 01-18-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• SeanT
        SeanT commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Simon. I think you have it wrong on the river for defending. MDF for a pot size bet is 50% not 33%. MDF is Pot/(Pot + Bet) or 1 - (Bet/(Pot+Bet), these are equal equations. If Pot = 1 and Bet = Pot than MDF = 1/(1+1) or 50%. Your hands need a minimum of 33% equity against their range to call for a break even results.

Facing Button 3-bet
      Click image for larger version  Name:	pre.png Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	46080
      Flop
      Click image for larger version  Name:	flop 0007.png Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	46155
      The combos T8s and T9s and other suited connectors without a 16.7% equity are folded (calling a 25% pot bet.)

The LJ is not checking-raising for lacking the nut advantage.

Turn
      Click image for larger version  Name:	turn 0808.png Views:	0 Size:	98.5 KB ID:	46156
      The turn card benefits the LJ more (improving his A9,99).

River

Click image for larger version  Name:	rvrA 00012.png Views:	0 Size:	96.5 KB ID:	46213
      Junk is 50%. It shows the LJ's equity is very roughly 50% at this point.

The river card gives the BTN his strongest combos KK, K9, K6, Js8s. And his turn check shows he lacks good AX's.

Some of the LJ's nuts are protecting his checking range. He checks his narrow 'betting range' despite his nut advantage.

Facing a river bet
      Click image for larger version  Name:	rvrB3 02012.png Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	46204
      The LJ tightens his calling range facing the BTN's big bet.

LJ's defense rate is 46%, overfolding the 50% MDF. The river card is good for the BTN.
      Last edited by edy; 02-16-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        Preflop you need to find more 4bet bluffs like A4s A3s KQo.

''His check-call leaves some money on the table'' we are OOP HU in a 3bet pot, checking a lot from OOP is the actual best strategy and is not ''leaving money on the table''

When we use the suits in range analyser, we need to carry the unused combos in the column you blanked out called adjust, for example your backdoors that brick will go in Junk - Adjust you just put the amount of combos gone.

• edy
        edy commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice comment on checking a lot as the best strategy. It helps a lot. Thank you.

PRE FLOP

POST FLOP

MDF 1-4.625/(4.625+18.5)=0.8 so looking to defend with 80% of hands minimum, Due to a nut and range disadvantage I'm check calling virtually my entire range.

RIVER

Used my junk as bluffs to balance my range

MDF 1-27.75/(27.75+55.5)=0.5 so looking to defend 50% of hands minimum.

Last edited by Billy poker; 01-17-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        Your range preflop is too wide. You have WAY too many 4 bets preflop. You are folding 30% of your range vs 3bet, you need to fold 50% of it. Having a tighter range construction preflop will make everything easier postflop. Slowplaying AA pre is not optimal, you are passing out on the best EV+ scenarios in poker by not giving action with it.

• Billy poker
        Billy poker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feed back will look at tightening up ranges and playing nutted hands more agressive preflop in 3bet pots

Last edited by Larry H; 01-19-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to fold more preflop vs the 3bet (50%), hands like A6s a7s J9s ect will do poorly in a 3bet pot, you can just fold them pre. Hands like JJ and TT needs to give more action vs late position 3bettor.

Edit: What is happenning with hands like QsJs ? flop folding with the backdoors ? Your MDF on flop is 80% that will help you reach it.

When we use the suits in range analyser, we need to carry the unused combos in the column you blanked out called adjust, for example your backdoors that brick will go in Junk - Adjust you just put the amount of combos gone.

Calling with marginal made from above.
      Last edited by Dilly; 02-06-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        You are late on this one my brother! Where is the HW! Have a good one bro

• Dilly
        Dilly commented
        Editing a comment
        Haven't been playing or studying MTTs, slacked on this one because of the cash game focus haha. Hope all is well with you.

When V bets 25%, our MDF is 80%. The A high board is particularly bad for us though, as many of BTN's 3bet bluffs will come with Ax. As a result, we get to overfold.

We also under-bluff and just fold hands like KQss, as they block V's folds and are basically dead to V's value.

I'm checking range on this turn so my calling range from flop carries over.

When turn goes check check, I think we get to do a decent amount of blocking here. V likely would've continued with a decent amount of their Ax and flush draws on the turn. Additionally, the Kh removes a decent percentage of V's flush draws. He still has some flushes here, but not as much as if the river was the 3h.

I'm leading with my marginal hands and opting to check call my stronger holdings.

MDF is 50% so I'm slightly overcalling. Against opponents who don't bluff enough I can opt only to call AJo with the Js but against a balanced opponent I think I've arrived to the river with a strong enough range to slightly over-defend.

Last edited by RealJPB; 01-18-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• lpm
        lpm commented
        Editing a comment
        On the flop you need to meet MDF which is going to be 80% you have hands like KQs and JTs that can make backdoor flushes and backdoor straights, you need to defend them.

Preflop you have 200 combos, 40 raising for value, 20 as a bluff, and 140 calling.
        On the flop you only have 123 combos, what did you do with the remaining 17 combos?

Vs late position you can probably 3bet TT

Your raising strategy on the flop is optimistic, maybe you could use a mix strategy for your sixes on this super dry board.

You need to conitnue with more backdoors on the flop vs this microbet.

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        lpm card removal on the flop As,6d,2c
        Last edited by kkep; 02-05-2021, 05:58 PM.

• edy
        edy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the LJ needs to overfold on a dry flop and without the nut advantage.

tournament skills pay tournament bills

Comment

Last edited by Bentley; 01-19-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• lpm
          lpm commented
          Editing a comment
          Your range is too wide preflop.

How is 98o and T9o 4bet for value hands? That makes no sence.

Why would hands like 99 88 and A9o 4bet bluff ?

You want to use hands like A4s A3s AQo as 4bet bluffs, if you feel spicy you could maybe add A5s and A2s and KQo.

Hands like KTo QTo do not want to call 3bets OOP. Fold pre.

Against the 3bet you need to defend 50% of your range, here you are defending 100% of it. Folding is an option!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 13.59.54.png
Views:	1028
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	45549

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 14.05.20.png
Views:	1041
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	45550

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 14.13.20.png
Views:	1034
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	45551

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 14.23.29.png
Views:	1058
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	45552

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 14.27.00.png
Views:	1061
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	45553

Comment

• lpm
            lpm commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello and welcome my friend! Your range is too wide preflop.
            You have too many hands that are 4betting preflop and you are missing some calls.
            On the turn, hands like T9s are pairs (marginal) and not draws.
            On the turn, your missed backdoors should go in adjust (junk)
            On the river you could consider using a mixed strategy with some of your sets and backdoor flushes to strenghten your checking range and keep a few traps in!

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            lpm I think his range is to tight overall, he has no folds. I agree he is probably over bluffing a bit but it's probably not to far out of line. I would suggest not using A9s as a 4! tho because that will be more difficult to play whenever you go to the flop than say A2s-A5s which have wheel draws and you'll be more likely to get value.
            owned vs better AX.

Brianvgh A good way to look at this is when you 4! some combinations of A2s -A5s you get the BTN to fold some or all A6s A7s A8s which A9s is already ahead of as well as A9o ATo AJo and vs a 5! we're only calling pairs and AK anyway.
            Last edited by kkep; 02-05-2021, 05:59 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-21 pre.png Views:	0 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	45565

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-21 post 3B.png Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	45566

Suppose you call and the flop comes A-6-2. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?
          pot 18.5 mdf 1-4.6/(18.5+4.6)=80% but with rng and nut disadv. in 3B pot OOP we won't make that and will do more ck/calling & bluff with few heart combos to not block his drws, he could be rng betting

Click image for larger version  Name:	2-21 flop.png Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	45567

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A-6-2)-9. You check and the button checks behind.
          pot now 27.5bb, all else the same but 9s little better for my rng per flopzilla but about equal. When he cks is he capping his rng at pair below A or 2 hi cards no flsh drw, or pot control w/ TP or drw doesn't want to get ck/r off, has lots of TP.

The river is the (A
          -6-2-9)-K. What is your strategy?

Name:	2-21 rvr.png
Views:	1065
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	45604
          should have 6 more combos in junk

pot 55bb, mdf 50%, he has limited flshs since 3b pre & would have to have QJs QTs or JTs for flsh so few sets, some 2 pr and lots of tp

Name:	2-21 rvr 2.png
Views:	1079
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	45605

Last edited by slacker; 01-19-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• lpm
            lpm commented
            Editing a comment
            When we use suit selection, we want to use the adjust colum that you blanked out.
            On the flop our MDF is 80% and we are overfolding. We have hands like QsJs or QhJh that have backdoors and that can continue. They will help us reach MDF!

working....

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy? (I was torn on whether to C/R the broadways with backdoor flush draws or just call, since I basically have no bluffs/draws in my C/R range. I opted not to because this flop is good for villain's range and I didn't want to take a chance of getting blown off my hand if he 4-bets. I am C/Ring with the bigger aces with the backdoor flush draws, and just calling all the other non-2 pair aces.)

The river is the (A♠-6♦-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy? (The bluffs are the QT,QJ,JT hands that didn't make a flush.)

Suppose you check and the button bets 100% pot. What is your strategy? (I realized that A9d should have been a bet on the river, but I already made the previous image, so I just took it out of this one.)

Last edited by JFletch2323; 01-19-2021, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Because stacks are relatively short, and I'm playing tighter in a tournament than in a cash game, I decided not to four-bet. The shorter stack also makes it possible to get all the money in by the river.

Pot = 1ante + 1bb + 0.5sb + 8 + 8 + 4.5(25% on flop) + 4.5(25% on flop) = 26.5bb
            MDF = 1 – 26.5/(26.5 + 26.5) = 50%. I'm playing 50.8% of hands in the range shown below.

Last edited by GinDC; 01-19-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

in progress

BUTTON 3 Bet Range

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6-2. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6-2)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind.

The river is the (A♠-6-2-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy?

Last edited by SeanT; 02-09-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I have substantial range and nut-disadvantages on this uncoordinated A-high Board. I will continue at ~MDF to this 1/4 pot bet, but will not develop a raising range, since I have only 3 combinations of TPTK+ on this board.

KhQh, KhJh, 9h8h & 8h7h are added to junk.

The turn is not particular beneficial to either B's range or mine. I will check everything, planning to x-raise with my best hands and some draws, but mostly continue by calling.

4 non-spade Kxs are added to junk.
                2 non-spade 76s (bottom pair) are added to junk

B's check behind compresses his range (eliminating nutted hands and many draws) and I now have the range and nut advantage. The pot is about 28bb and we have just under 48bb behind. I can overbet all-in with my best hands and bluffs that block the flushes

3 TT and 3 88 without a spade are added to Marginal
                3 77 without a spade are added to Junk
                2 non-spade 98s are added to Junk
                4 non-spade 87s & 76s are added to Junk

It's gross, but I call off 2/3 of the time getting 2:1 pot odds.

3 77 without a spade are added to Junk.
                Last edited by bengoshidesu; 01-19-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

2nd time tryin the HW any pointers or advice on what im doin wrong n where i can improve?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kkep
                    kkep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @kennetheskasoni@gmail.com Your images aren't displaying correctly on my browser. I only see the links. If you or others have the same issue viewing your response I can edit them in correctly for you if you like. That said I know there are some issue here with Firefox so it may just be my browser.

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind.

The river is the (A♠-6-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy?

Comment

WIP In a tournament against competent opponents with a 60bb stack, everyone folds to you on the lojack. What is your strategy? Suppose you raise to 2.5bbs and the button 3-bets to 8bbs. What is your strategy? Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6♦-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy? Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6♦-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind. The river is the (A♠-6♦-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy? Suppose you check and the button bets 100% pot. What is your strategy?

Comment

Nice spot this month! Let's jump into it:

PF we open the LJ and the BTN 3bets. Looks kind of like this:

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	45664 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	45665

On the flop we check to the PF 3bettor and face a small bet. Our range is something like:

Name:	
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	45667 Turn goes check check. I think this is a very important information. Our opponent might be trapping, but I think often he just didn't flop all that well. Notice our range doesn't change unless we have decided to lead, but I don't see why would we... we would need to have some specific read on our opponent.

Name:	
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	45666After opponent checks the turn he is either showing weakness or inducing bluffs. If he is trapping he is gonna be very happy because we are going for it:

Name:	
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	45668
                      I welcome any kind of comments and suggestions. I think this spot is kinda "clear" but maybe I am just a crazy maniac in someone else's eyes... Let me know what you think!

Thanks! GLGL
                      Last edited by marcos; 01-21-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• marcos
                        marcos commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I tried to repost as I can see my images are not showing for some reason... but it seems it's not working Sorry for the inconvenience!

• kkep
                        kkep commented
                        Editing a comment
                        marcos would you like me to try and edit them in for you?

BTN 3 Bet Strategy:

Above is a competent player's most likely 3-Bet strategy from the BTN. To counter this strategy I am doing this:

This is the BTN's bet strategy on the flop:

When he bets I do this:

This is what my turn strategy was, BTN had other plans:

The BTN's river bet strategy after checking behind on the turn. He may still have a few hands I thought would bet the turn.

When the BTN decides to bet the pot, I respond like this:

I should probably just jam these 55 and 77 as well because the button is heavily leaning toward having a K or 9 or both but it is a -ev play whereas calling is breakeven and positive ev almost half of the time.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by N8Ball02; 01-24-2021, 04:41 AM. Reason: I had an error in my original post by uploading the wrong range, I used IP instead of OOP 4 bet range, which lead to compounding errors throughout.

Comment

• SeanT
                        SeanT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You have the KsQs, KsJs, and KsTs in your range on the River, but the Ks came out on the board for the River so these hands can't be in your range.

First homework. Now having gone through others' posts I can identify several obvious mistakes, but feel free to chime in.

Name:	
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	45746

Name:	
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	45747

Name:	
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	45748

Name:	
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	45749
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by HemtheMaster; 01-24-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

• marcos
                          marcos commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry I am trying to post again as my images are not showing but I am having trouble with the forum, IDK if it is in my end but can't seem to be able to post without it taking a long time

Comment

The river is the (A-6-2-9)-K. What is your strategy?

The K is good for villains range. Villain may be slowplaying AA on turn, definitely checking back KK on turn. May have two pair combinations from 3-bet bluffing range such as K9 and K6 that rivered two pair. Villain probably checks behind turn with KJo that has rivered K and will check behind river along with JJ and random J9. So river, villain is value betting AA, KK, K9, K6, ATo (20 combinations), and bluffing with Jd8d, Jc8c, Jh8h (expect Js8s to be in villains bluffing range on turn), and QJo that contains spades (9 total combos of J8 and QJ). Therefore, checking hero’s entire range for protection.

Comment

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 60bb stack, everyone folds to you on the Lojack. What is your strategy?

I fold... lol...

I ran this hand through a solver and locked the bet sizes to the examples. I tried to navigate the range analyzer but it's tough to put in x% of hands so I tried to run majority. According to the solver, there will be some sets and stronger hands to call down with in this spot. To make it easier, I went with pure fold at this point.

Comment

Suppose you check and the button bets 100% pot. What is your strategy? Against a pot sized bet our MDF is 50%. I decide to call with all my top pairs to meet MDF

Comment

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 60bb stack, everyone folds to you on the lojack. What is your strategy. (See Pic 1)

Suppose you raise to 2.5bbs and the button 3-bets to 8bbs. What is your strategy (See Pic 2)

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6♦-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind. (See Pic 3)

The river is the (A♠-6♦-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy? ( See Pic 4)

Suppose you check and the button bets 100% pot. What is your strategy? (See Pic 5)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Suppose you call and the flop comes A♠-6-2♣. You check and the button bets 25% pot. What is your strategy?

Since he is C-betting small, I am thinking that it might be a protection bet. If he is checking the flop, I would cap his range.

Suppose you call. The turn is the (A♠-6-2♣)-9♠. You check and the button checks behind.

The river is the (A♠-6-2♣-9♠)-K♠. What is your strategy?

Comment