This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2020 Homework Question

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 20bb stack, you are on the BTN and the LJ raises to 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q
    -8-2. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn comes the J
    and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 3bbs and the LJ goes all-in. What is your strategy?

Preflop:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9621.png Views:	2 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	43920
    Flop:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	flop 0368.png Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	44153

The Button's betting range is narrow, and the draws are weak. So he has no raising range.

TURN:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	turn bet.png Views:	0 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	43976
    Facing a jam:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	turn call jam.png Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	43978
    Last edited by edy; Yesterday, 11:42 AM.

Comment

That was fast

Comment

In a tournament against competent opponents with a 20bb stack, you are on the BTN and the LJ raises to 2bbs. What is your strategy?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (4).png Views:	0 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	43811

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-8-2. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?
        A lot of value hands - not enough bluff hands. I'll just check through.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis (5).png Views:	0 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	43884

Suppose you call. The turn comes the J and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9577.png Views:	48 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	43810

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9575.png Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	43808
        Attached Files
        Last edited by vic.cruzr; 11-20-2020, 02:55 AM. Reason: Flop and turn charts were swapped

Comment

• SeanT
          SeanT commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Vic. Looks like you made a mistake on your dead cards. You have the Jd as a dead card on the flop but it doesn't come out until the turn. So T9s is actually a gutshot on the flop not a premium hand.

Haven't studied 20BB at all so this could very well be totally off base.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DECHW1.png Views:	0 Size:	76.4 KB ID:	43819
        • Adapted from GTO charts, same frequency of all in and call, consolidated some mixed frequency combos.
        Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-8-2. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DECHW2.png Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	43818
        • I think we have a range and nut disadvantage here. Running GTO chart LJ open range against our range we're ~46% on this board.Think we need to call as above which is at MDF.
        Suppose you call. The turn comes the J and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DECHW3.png Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	43817
        • 40% of our range is TP+, I think we bet range here. Our middle pairs are also probably good at this depth for value.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DECHW4.png Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	43820
        • We need ~27% Eq to profitably call, this is defending at MDF.
        • Depending on Villain's strategy it may be close for some of these combos, but gutshots with flush draws, pairs with flushdraws, middle and top pair + should be good enough.

Very interested to see some answers from people who have actually studied this!
        Last edited by Dilly; 11-19-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-flop.png
Views:	111
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	43916

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♦-8♠-2♠. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

Name:	Flop.png
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	43917

Suppose you call. The turn comes the J♦ and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?

Name:	Turn.png
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	43919

Name:	Turn 2.png
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	43918
          Last edited by lfap; 11-21-2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pre-Flop (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.4 KB ID:	43824

Last edited by kkep; 11-19-2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Tournament Competent Opponents 20bb on the BTN, LJ raises to 2bb.

Strategy:

PREFLOP

Comment

My initial calling range will look like this:

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♦-8♠-2♠. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

I will be continuing with all trips, top pairs, and calling some marginal hands as well. Calling range now looks like this:
                The bigger hands are not in this range due to them being three-bet or bet all-in preflop. I will be calling with spad draws and backdoor diamonds. Being 18 BB effective now calling the 3.5 takes me to 14.5 BB. Still enough to fold if I need to on the turn.

Suppose you call. The turn comes the J♦ and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?

The strategy here is to bet the strongest hands as we are about to see below. Probably going to fold out any hands that are marginal.

Here is what I am calling the all-in with. Folded out most of the weak draws, continuing with the strongest hands and a couple that are marginal but can improve on the river to a flush. Hopefully this time I have completed the homework more accurately.

Comment

Comment

PREFLOP
                    LJ RFI Range

FLOP
                    Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-8♠-2♠. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

TURN

Last edited by SeanT; 11-23-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

After betting on the turn, I have 11.5 BB in my stack and there is 15.5 in the pot. Therefore, MDF = 1 – (11.5 / 11.5 + 15.5) = 57%. I’m calling 50%. It's tempting to reason that I'm getting almost sufficient pot odds to call everything in my range, i.e., I need to bet 11.5 to win 40. But I don't see a reason to make that high variance play because this range allows me to defend very close to MDF.

Last edited by GinDC; 11-21-2020, 09:49 AM. Reason: fixing mistakes

Comment

Ready soon

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	R19-042720.png Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	43862
                              I raise 9% of hands and call 10% - using 5BB raise with my strongest hands, and all in with a mix of pairs and weaker hands.
                              I call with AA and KK to perhaps induce an all in bet from the blinds and strengthen my flat calling range.

The pot on the flop is 5.5BB. He bets 3.5BB into it so the MDF = 1 - (3.5/9) = 61%

This flop does not connect that well with the raiser range. He however Cbets large at 60% of the pot, likely with a polarized range.

Here is my strategy - I defend 70%, not quite enough draws compared to my premium set hands. I call with the non spade suited KJ, KT, K9. Not sure if I should call the low pairs or just give up with them - he is unlikely to have a two so they are probably worthless except for future equity.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis-54.png Views:	0 Size:	121.4 KB ID:	43870

He checks on this card that could bring a straight. I bet my straight draws and my two pair hands but do a majority of checking back - my entire checking range is at least one pair so in good shape. We have 14.5BB stacks and a 12.5 BB pot. I bet small, a quarter of the pot, around 3BB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	R19-018470.png Views:	0 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	43871

When he goes all in on top of my bet I call with my top two pair (3 combinations), and folds the straight draws. I assume he has a mix of draws and top pair or better hands - he has all the stronger kicker queen hands, and possibly some QJ, and still some spade draws.

My two pair is probably in the middle of his range, so expect around 50% of win at showdown.
                              Last edited by MichelG; 11-19-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Suppose you bet 3bbs and the LJ goes all-in. What is your strategy

Comment

Pot- 5.5BB
                                  MDF- 61%
                                  142 combos to the flop, 132 after removal

Pot- 12.5BB
                                  88 combos to turn, 85 combos after card removal

43 combos
                                  pot- 15.5BB,
                                  11.5BB to win a total pot of 41.5BB
                                  pot odds- 27.7%

Last edited by David; 11-19-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	hw222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	320.7 KB ID:	43874
                                    Attached Files

Comment

@@

@@

@@

Comment

(NOTE: for some reason "creating an image as a PNG" is cutting off my count column) I'll send a note to support.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov 2020 image 1.png Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	43878

NOTE: moved 67 cards to junk

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov 2020 image 2.png Views:	0 Size:	130.5 KB ID:	43879

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nov 2020 Image 3.png Views:	0 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	43880
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	nov 2020 image 4.png Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	43881
                                        Here I’m calling off with 2pr or better and the KTs which has a million outs (as long as he doesn’t have the ace – but just too much equity to fold in this spot – have to figure an ace or 9 is good).
                                        Last edited by JimB; 11-20-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

20bb eff., LJ rfi 2bb, we're on BT, we call

kay

GTO preflop says we call w/ this:

this isn't wide enough, we end up having a weak range (one that can't defend at mdf) on a lot of boards. we need to add some crappy stuff, and call with hands that we're more likely to jam with. so, this should be our range:

you can add a2s and k7s if you really want, but this'll do.

flop is Qd8s2s

lj is looking good on this board:

this is our range and what we do with it:

we call w/ everything, since the lj range is going to be strong on this board texture. i think we'd raise w/ 22, but that's about it. 98 and 87 are marginal made hands, but w/ the spade or diamond, we're playing them as draws.

turn is Jd, opp checks w/ all air they're giving up with, marginal made hands, and hands they plan on check-raising, so this check doesn't actually tell us anything

our range hasn't really changed, since we have a 100% calling range:

when we bet, our range actually isn't too bad. we set up our range to have board coverage on boards like the one preflop.

so, when our villain comes over the top, we can defend at the MDF just fine, w/ a good range too:

so, goodie.
                                          Last edited by Sandy Leggett; 11-20-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

"In a tournament against competent opponents with a 20bb stack, you are on the BTN and the LJ raises to 2bbs. What is your strategy?"

"Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q♦-8♠-2♠. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?"

Because I'm in position and spr is low, I decided to have no raising range.

"Suppose you call. The turn comes the J♦ and the LJ checks. What is your strategy?"

Check back flushdraws so that they realize all of their equity.

"Suppose you bet 3bbs and the LJ goes all-in. What is your strategy?"

MDF is 11,5/31= 37%. Calling with a straight, AA, KK, Q+flushdraw

Comment

Benno

working on the homeword
                                              Last edited by Gambit; 11-20-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Using the PC GTO app, I came up with this implementable range which has at the right frequencies: all in 8%, call 10.3%, and fold 81.7%:

Name:	gto.png
Views:	130
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	43907 Click image for larger version

Name:	pre.png
Views:	126
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	43910

Suppose you call and the flop goes heads-up. The flop comes Q-8♠-2♠. The LJ bets 3.5bbs. What is your strategy?

Name:	flop.png
Views:	127
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	43908

Playing a fundamentally solid GTO preflop range, we are at a severe range and nut disadvantage. While we have a number of good bluffs, we have zero two pair or better hands. Therefore, I'm only going to call or fold. I'm continuing with all of my 2nd pair or better, flush draws, my combo badckdoor flush/straight draws and gutshots. Minimum defense frequency is 65%, and this puts us close.

Pot is now 13.5 and we have 14.5bbs left in our stack for just above a 1SPR. The board is extremely draw heavy and a lot of bad river cards can come. So I'm going to jam my condensed range of top pair or better and best draws, and bet small with my top pair Q with draws that I can call off with and my one nut hand. Since that's not many hands I don't need many bluffs, so I picked 78s to protect/fold out any junk in villain's range and 76s flush draws, both of which I'm folding to a jam.

Name:	turn.png
Views:	126
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	43911

Calling my Qs and better and folding the bluffs/3rd pair.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 3.17.02 PM.png
Views:	125
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	43912

Attached Files

Comment

Working on Homework:

Suppose you bet 3bbs and the LJ goes all-in. What is your strategy

Comment

Btn Vs LJ RFI (20bb eff)

We call and see a flop of Qd8s2s, and the LJ bets 3.5 into the 6.5bb pot(bet,call,SB,BB,BB ante)

We will be jamming KK, all of our unpaired, suited spades combos which are A5-A7,KJ-K9,J9 and T9

We will be calling all top pair combos, AA , AQs-A8s, 98s and 66

We will be folding KJo, 44 , 55 , all non spade A8s-A5s, KXs , J9s and T9s

We call the flop bet and get the Jd turn. We now have a roughly 1:1 SPR and we're gonna jam all top pairs

and AA, and check the rest .

Last edited by Anavar; 11-23-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Larry H; 11-30-2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Hey,

This is my very first homework assignment. I didn't consult any ranges before I completed it. I'm sure its not a great answer but I did enjoy working through the hand. My reshove hands by stack size is definitely something I need to fine tune.

On flop and turn aces should be premium.

Interested to have a look at how my answer compares to others. Preflop I decided if I was shoving as a bluff I wanted mostly hands with good blockers that weren't good enough to call. For my calls I used hands I couldn't fold and didn't want to jam and included aces (sometimes maybe I'll call kings also to protect my calling ranges if I think the villain is agro but folds to aggression.) The more he is raising the less I will RR with K's.

On deciding whether to call teh river shove I worked out I needed 28% equity which was most of my good draws ( Flush and gutter )

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Brendan

ACES ARE PREMIUM

Comment

Question:
                                                          Missing couple pieces of information, I think, but kind of nit picking – what is effective stack between LJ, SB, BB? Most importantly BB as that’s who villain should be figuring for effective stack size when opening – realizing hero could be jamming some portion of range. Also, what stage in the tournament? Late stages or early? Assumed ~20bb effective stacks, not in late stages of tournament.

Hero stack: 20-2-3.5=14.5-3=11.5
                                                          Pot: 2+2+1+0.5+0.5+3.5+3.5=13+3=16+14.5=30.5 after LJ jam
                                                          11.5 to call to win 30.5+11.5 = 42
                                                          11.5 / 42 = 27.4%
                                                          With flush draw, have 9 /46 = 19.6% when we need 27.4% - if Ace is an out, we have 12/46=26% - other small possibility is that our ace high flush draw sometimes beats other draws? Not sure given the pots odds presented to hero that villain should be bluffing at all here, so maybe our A high is never good? Bottom line, we’re about breakeven to call if when we’re drawing to the nuts in a spot where we’re looking to double up to build a stack.

Comment

Preflop, with us being at 20bbs we should still have some 3 bet hands in our range that we can face a shove with-especially with our opponent being competent, we don't want to stray too far into tight or wide ranges. I errored on the side of the 25BB GTO charts, not sure if I should have chose a middle ground between the 25bb and 15bb charts.

Name:	PFRaise.png
Views:	60
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	44067
                                                            Against a Cbet, we are going to raise with our top pair hands, call with our draws and marginal made hands: Click image for larger version

Name:	Flop.png
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	44068
                                                            On the turn check, we're looking to check back our weaker pairs and any junk, and bet our top pairs, two pairs, and draws.

Name:	Turn.png
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	44070
                                                            After betting the turn, suppose we bet small, like 1/3 pot, we will have about ~10bb left in a ~14bb pot before he goes all in, I think we have to call with all of our hands we're betting with getting a good price.

Name:	Turn facing All In.png
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	44069

Attached Files

Comment

flatting Aces and Kings to allow reshoves on 20bb effective, also protect the flatting range with these hands that arent that vulnerable,

on the flop Qd8s2s, when the LJ Cbets i like to move in with KK, KQo, and some premium draws, and 76 spades, KK needs some protection,J9 T9 are very good equity hands with no showdown value, and 76 of spades feels too bad calling on the flop and facing turn pressure.

On the turn some of our bottom pairs turn a FD, and i believe they are great check backs, i like to check back flushdraws with showdown value here too, but we bet our AT and A9 flushdraws that block a lot of the LJ check raising range, and we then fold them to a shove, calling off with all pairs that bet turn

I just notice i left JTs out of the range, looking back, i should add these 2 JTs and JTd combos to my flop raises, and the other 2 combos become flop calls, and on the turn the remaining 2 combos of JTs are fine to check back

Thank you, sorry if i took too long on this response, its my first homework response, would love some feedback.

Have a good day
                                                              Last edited by Xubarubas; 11-27-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I am going to assume that we are far from the bubble, so that ICM issues are not a concern. I am also assuming that there are antes worth 1bb in the pot before the hand begins.

The villain is "competent," but otherwise undescribed. Let's start with the PCC GTO charts. I am giving the villain a 20% opening range very close to that of the 20bb LJ RFI chart, rendered "implementable" by not having any mixed strategies for any combo.

We can fold, we can flat-call, or we can shove all-in.

We want to value-shove with hands that have good equity against the villain's continuing range that at the same time whose equity we do not want to be blown off of in post-flop play. We want bluffs in our range, and we want these bluffs to block the villain's strogest hands (AA and KK) and at the same time have good equity versus the rest of the villain's calling range.

We want our calling range to be value hands only -- we can't bluff by calling -- which play well post-flop.

Let's respond to the villain by using the BTN vs LJ RFI chart as a starting point, again rendered implementable by not mixing any strategies.

The pot contains 5.5bb. LJ's 3.5bb lead is a larger bet, a polarizing size. Here is my stab at a flop strategy for the villain, where they bet overpairs, two pair, and sets, flush draws, backdoor nut flushes, and combos with both backdoor flush and straight potential. There are slightly more than two bluffs for every value hand in this range

We should consider responding with a polarized raising range ourselves. But notice that the villain has all the QQ and 88 in their range and we do not have any. We and the villain alike have KK and AA in our ranges. The villain has Q8s and we do not. The villain has a significant nut advantage here, and the top of our range is rather weaker than the top of theirs.

We have draws to the nuts in our range (nut flush draws, gutshots), but we do not have nutted made hands. I think we should keep our range condensed (and the villain's range wider) by flatting our entire continuing range.

I am including "premium" hands (overpairs), and marginal made hands (8X and QX hands.. I am including with the draws flush draws, gutshots, and some combos with both backdoor flush and straight potential, to give us some more leeway to float on the turn. As it happens, MDF for LJ's bet sizing is 61% and we are actually defending 53%, but this is not a consideration in the shaping of our range.

The pot now contains 12.5bb. The interesting thing about this turn card is that it presents the hero now has two nutted combos in our range, Td9d and Ts9s for a turned nut straight. The villain in the lowjack has these combos in their range too, as well as QQ and 88 for sets and Q8s for two pair. LJ continues to have the nut advantage, but this advantage has been diminished slightly.

I am having the villain check-jam for value with sets and straights, check-jam bluff with AsTd and As9d (which block hero from having Td9d), value-bet overpairs and two pair, bluff-bet both spade and diamond nut flus draws, and check weaker pairs and flush draws, giving up on the latter if hero bets. I am also treating AKo as a marginal made hand.

Hero can certainly bet our Ts9s and Td9d with the nut straight. We also have AA and KK combos with which to consider betting for value, hoping to get calls from QX and JX combos (but my assumptions have no QX in the villain's range on this branch of the game tree).

I am going to bet with straights and AA, and treat KK as a marginal made hand. I am balancing this with the better flushdraw+gutshot combos and a couple of nut spade draws.

The pot now contains 18.5bb and we are facing an additional bet of 11.5bb. Our required equity to call is 27.7%. We are overfolding if we fold more than 61% of the time.

After picking and choosing with Equilab against the range I have assigned to the villain, the hands I want to call with are {Td9d, Ts9s, AdTd, AsTs, Ad9d, As9s, Kd9d, Ks9s}, our nut straights and flush draw hands that block the villain's straight combos. (We cannot at this point block their set combos.) This range has 37% equity against a range of {QQ, 88, Td9d, Ts9s} and is one combo short of the requisite MDF.

Comment

My 20BB BTN defense vs LJ open is just a hair tighter than the GTO chart (jam 8.0%, call 10.4%):

Trapping with AA, KK because at this stack depth there’s plenty of time to get it all in by river. Calling with smaller pairs because if we jam and get called they’re not in GREAT shape so we’re hoping to flop a set.

Basically jamming with a “split range”

FLOP 5.5BB pot, 18BB effective: Q♦-8♠-2♠ - 3.5BB (63% of pot) C-Bet from LJ

MDF is 72%! Fortunately this range is strong enough on this board, that’s not too much of a stretch, although I do have to make some “uncomfortable” plays to get there.

My tendency is probably to overfold in this spot (I’m prone to tighten up with 18BB behind in a tourney), but I think population is C-betting a little too frequently here if anything, which means I need to stretch to find at least MDF for continuation.

The “uncomfortable” calls for me are Ax of diamonds.

The “uncomfortable” bluffs are the back-door flush draws.

I chose to strengthen calling range with AA and KK because they don’t really need protection.

I chose to raise with the nut flush draws that also had backdoor broadway straight potential (AJs and ATs). Logic is that I think I can call those down if I get jammed on (extra equity). I wanted to have some strong flush draws in my calling range, so just called the lower Ax spades.

TURN 12.5BB pot: 14.5BB effective: (Q♦-8♠-2♠) - J♦ - LJ checks to you

AA and KK want to make draws pay. I’m tempted to check some of my Queens, but the 4 combos I have are incredibly strong with straight redraws, so I feel okay going with them.

TURN 27BB pot: 11.5BB behind: (Q♦-8♠-2♠) - J♦ - LJ check raises all in

11.5 to win 38 means you can fold 30% of your range, which is 6-7 combos at this point.

Fold diamond draws because it blocks the obvious bluffs he turned with the Jd. Call everything else, which is either an overpair, or top pair with a redraw to the straight.

This is overcalling by 3% but oh well. I’m not folding any of these “premium” hands here.

Comment

Calling across my range except for junk, due to a low stack to pot ratio meaning I can easily get all the chips in by the river.

Draws are bet not checked as stated in diagram.

Basically not folding to the all in with 10bb left

Last edited by Billy poker; 11-29-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I am a new Black Friday Sale Subscriber, so this is my first assignment. I did it without reading any of the other responses. I had a lot of trouble with it because I think that's a preflop spot where I'm not really going to be calling many hands, with that stack size. I am going to be either raising or folding. So since the assignment was based on a call, I didn't have that many hands to work with, so it was hard to get the ratios right.

Here goes...

Comment

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (PF).png
Views:	33
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	44104
                                                                        Using the BTN vs LJ 20bb GTO chart, I would defend using this strategy. I elected to go all-in with QJs and call with QTs since they are all-in/call some portion of the time. I did this for a few other hands that have all-in/call some portion of the time. Mainly, going all in with A4s and calling with A3s, going all in with 44, but calling 55 and 66, and shrinking my suited connectors to call with T9s, 98s, 87s, and fold 76s, 65s, 54s.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (F).png
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	44105

I elected to flat with my strongest hands to allow villain to continue betting on the turn. This might be a bad strategy, but with overpairs and hands with a lot of equity, I don’t see the need to c/r. I actually think this is a decent flop to call with my entire range and see what develops on the turn. When I first started balancing my range, I noticed I had too much junk and not enough draws. To stay balanced, I am calling with all backdoor straight draws (AJs, A5s, A3s) and backdoor diamond draws. This was a tough flop to balance. I could still add more draws to be at 2:1 draws to premium on the flop, but I don’t want to then have too much junk on the turn.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (T).png
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	44106

I am betting with strong top pairs and better, strong draws, and combo draws. I debated betting all hands with a T or 9, as this would still keep my range balanced and it would block their check/jamming as bluffs since I have a relevant blockers, but I do not want to have to bet/fold to a c/r jam, though that will happen with some draws.

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (R-1).png
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	44107

Name:	FTT Range Analysis (R-2).png
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	44108

I believe MDF here is 30%. I found myself calling with pairs+flush draws and these marginal hands like A8d and AJs, should probably be folded to an all-in. Though I am not sure because we have 9 outs to the flush (7 if we take away the board pairing), and maybe we win if we hit the Ace or the 8/Jack giving us additional equity. I am folding all other draws to the all-in. I went back and forth with QTs and KQo. If I fold both of them I am defending 41% of the time. Obviously I can defend more than MDF, but 68% seems like I would be over-calling and calling with these has me defending 68%. I think QTs should probably call here but QTc/h should be folded. Does it make more sense to call with my marginal hands with additional equity to the nuts as opposed to my top pair strong/marginal kicker? I think all of these hands still have 30% equity vs the opening range given to villain in this situation. Tough spot. Looking forward to seeing the most profitable play here.

Comment

I'll call with QJ (2-pair). I need to put in my remaining 11.5 bb to win 41.5 bb, so I need at least 27% to call. I'm only getting about 18% with the flush draws. Even QTd, QTs, Q9d, Q9s, are only around 28%, assuming QQQ, or two pair would be good.

Comment

Preflop:

Flop:

Turn

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Pre-flop you are on the BTN and the LJ raises to 2bbs. What is your strategy?

Comment

• #41

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-2.png
Views:	0
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	44163

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-3.png
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	44164

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-4.png
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	44165

Name:	FTT Range Analysis-5.png
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	44166

Comment

• #42

"PokerCoaching GTO PreFlop Charts"

Name:	0320200001 -0520.PNG
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	44179

Name:	0320200003 -0520.PNG
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	44180

Name:	0320200004 -0520.PNG
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	44181

Name:	0320200005 -0520.PNG
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	44182

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X