This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2020 Homework Question

In a $1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak, passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J
    -5-2. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6
    . What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q
    . What is your strategy?

good questions. ill get back to you

Comment

In a $1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak, passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind. What is your strategy?
      I assume the BB is a weak player of some sort, so I am OK with a weaker calling range. If the BB was a strong player, I would only three bet with no calling range. I expect the passive CO player will probably fold, but I expect to get called often by the button. If the button was not involved I would have a wider raising range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	43115

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J♥-5♠-2♦. What is your strategy?
      Not a great flop for me. I have to use backdoor flush draws to get enough bluffs, and have to check call with a lot of bare aces to keep from having too much junk. Checking AJ and AA to strengthen my checking range, which a loose player will attack.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	43116
      Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6♦. What is your strategy?
      On this turn, my checking range is pretty weak. I have to put a bare ace hand into my check calling range.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	43118
      Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q♣. What is your strategy?
      The queen did not help me much, my check calling range is pretty weak, but I am not sure what to do about it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nov4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	43117
      Last edited by lbhafen; 10-20-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Ready soon

Comment

I'm approaching this like it's the neighborhood $1/$2 game I play every week. This involves a lot of straightforward play and not much bluffing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-A.png
Views:	168
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	43044
          This is probably too nitty but I don't tend to get out of line much in these games, especially from the SB. My 3-betting range is all solid value hands and my flatting range is all hands that are happy to play a multiway pot. We don't know anything about the BB but since we're playing $1/$2 I'm going to assume that he's on the weaker side and we don't mind letting him into the pot.

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J♥-5♠-2♦. What is your strategy?

Name:	2020-11-B.png
Views:	168
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	43045
          Even though our opponent is loose and has position, we have the range advantage and this board is pretty dry. I'm choosing to down-bet 100% of my range here. Even loose players will frequently give up on a flop like this since they have so many air balls.

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6♦. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q♣. What is your strategy?
          Last edited by McLovin; 10-15-2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

PREFLOP
            Click image for larger version  Name:	pre.png Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	43132

FLOP: Range-bet with small sizing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	flop.png Views:	0 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	43133
            TURN
            Click image for larger version  Name:	turn.png Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	43134

RIVER
            . Click image for larger version  Name:	rvr.png Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	43135
            Facing a loose button, our AK's are sometimes showdown-able. We also have a chance to win with a check-back river.
            Last edited by edy; 10-20-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

With the CO raising as a passive player, and a call by the BTN, I would the CO range as about 20% of starting hands. Most passive players do not get out of line with their raises. The flat by the BTN conveys a wide range of suited cards (excluding AK, AQ etc) and up to about 50% of starting hands. My three-bet would look like this:

With the button being the only caller, this can constitute a very wide and possibly deceptive play at times. THE BB 3 bet looks pretty strong and a flat by the BTN can also seem strong at times. BUT at this level, rarely will the BTN be flatting with premium hands. After the flop of J♥-5♠-2♦, I am checking my entire range after the flop. Occasionally I would donk lead some of my weaker holdings just to keep my range less exploitable.

After betting $35 My range kooks like this:

When my opponent calls the $35, I suspect his range consists of largely what my range looks like, with a few exceptions. He/she would raise on QQ+, and two pair hands, and some backdoor draws. Flatting can be really strong sometimes, trying to trap. When the 6 hits on the turn, my range now looks like this:

So after the check...I would think the BTN would be on a draw, maybe have top pair weak kicker or just total air at times. No my range on the river looks like this:

I would be betting my premium hands on the river for value, checking most of my marginal made hands, and evaluating my options if the BTN bets. Many of the marginal hands above will win at showdown. Should the BTN bet large or overbet, usually means a strong made hand. ANy smaller bet I most likely would pay off some of the marginal pair or two pair hands. The stronger two pairs I would raise, and of course the sets.
              Last edited by fasteddief; 10-14-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• LuckyAngel
                LuckyAngel commented
                Editing a comment
                we are in the SB not BB. We 3-bet so we can not donk lead,

I have to assume the BB just sat down because I haven't been given any information, my strategy would change depending on who I have on my left. Population in these games tends to be very passive so there are a lot of speculative hands I would call with in this situation. Those hands would be folded with a competent aggressive BB on my left. A weak passive player opening to 5x is indicative of a fairly narrow range that could be 99+, AK, AQs, the loose BTN has by definition a wide capped range. My preflop strategy would be very linear.

On this dry disconnected flop I have a huge advantage vs a capped range, so I am betting 100% of my holding

besides the premium holdings i am shoving the diamond draws ( there is 170 in the pot with 120 behind) and checking the rest

I am checking TT that is still ahead of middle pairs, shove rivered top pairs and half of my AK as a bluff

Last edited by thefisheagle; 10-19-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

n a $1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak, passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind. What is your strategy?

Comment

FIREFOX is still not pasting images.

Click image for larger version  Name:	R18-063470.png Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	43061

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J-5-2. What is your strategy?

The V should have more Jx and more sets but I think we still have the range advantage vs a loose player.
                  I'm betting with everything on the flop. I think that is the most profitable play on this street.

Do we even get to have a checking range on the flop as the pre-flop aggressor from the SB in a 3bet pot?

Click image for larger version  Name:	R18-025414.png Views:	0 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	43062

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	R18-078666.png Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	43063

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q. What is your strategy?

Since I bet range the flop and the turn checked through it only seems logical that I will have a lot of junk on the river so I can't imagine this not being fine...

I feel like AK is actually a decent bluff catcher since it blocks some of the V's value range like AQ(?) AJ KQ KJ

Name:	R19-047860.png
Views:	63
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	43082

Last edited by kkep; 10-19-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(12).png Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	43121
                    • Started from 6-Max Implementable GTO chart, SB v CO
                    • We want to tighten up our 3-bet range because we're squeezing against 2 players.
                    • However we can be a bit looser since it's a weaker live game with less rake presumeably, and because our opponents are weak.
                    • Ultimately decided to 3-bet a little tighter, and add a calling range.
                    • Live 1/2 we can assume BB is also more often than not weak so we don't hate inviting them along giving us even better odds. A strong BB I would probably just 3-bet or fold from the SB.
                    • Flatting with hands that make strong hands and play well multiway getting good odds.
                    Assumed CO strategy:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(13).png Views:	0 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	43122

Assumed B strategy:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(14).png Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	43123

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J-5-2. What is your strategy?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(15).png Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	43124
                    Assumed B strategy:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(18).png Views:	0 Size:	84.9 KB ID:	43126

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(17).png Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	43127
                    Assumed B strategy:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(19).png Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	43128

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q. What is your strategy?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FTT Range Analysis(20).png Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	43129

Interested to see what others came up with for their answer, particularly our pre-flop strategy, and what assumptions we're making about our opponents. "Weak passive" and "loose" in a live 1/2 game could mean a lot of different things, especially the loose B, is he calling a lot of raising a lot?

Going to run this again with a much more exploitative strategy from the beginning.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dilly; 10-20-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

PREFLOP

As a weak passive player has raised 5X I'm expecting them to be doing this with just premium hands, so have gone with a linier 3 bet value strategy and then blocker, mid pair and low suited 1 gapers as bluffs, then I'm calling with hands that can flop well. I'm not too concerned with the loose button caller at this point.

FLOP

Checked KJo to strengthen checking range

TURN

Checked Jacks with intention to check raise

RIVER

Have ended up with no bluffs unless i turn a marginal hand in to one.
                      Last edited by Billy poker; 10-16-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Benno

November 2020 Homework

Last edited by Gambit; 10-14-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Preflop

Name:	preflop.png
Views:	21
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	43111

Flop

Name:	flop.png
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	43114

Turn is checked thru

Name:	turn-checked thru.png
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	43112

River 7/6s sh/be green

Name:	river.png
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	43113
                          Last edited by Donn Pattinson; 10-20-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Because it is a weak passive player and a loose call I want to take over control off the pot. Meaning I decide to have only a 3B approach. I don’t see why I should change my normal 3B range because it is a weak player who will be more easy to play against and if I with a raise loose the BTN player will probably fold. Playing headsup mkes it easier, but if called by two I can represent some big pairs and very strong holding.

If I 3B I raise 3*10+10+1+2=43 or a little bit more

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J-5♠-2. What is your strategy?

I am OOP but the flop will give me a range and nut advantage. I have all JJ, not 55 and 22 (a loose player could hold these) and all big pairs. No obvious draws or two pairs are expected from either players.

Because of Nut and range advantage I will bet often and small. I don’t suspect to be raised often because I have the nut advantage.
                            Total pot is now 45*2+10+2=102 Small bet 1/3= 33+

If he calls and it is a good player it means he has a marginal hand or a hand which he is floating. It means he has still a wide hand without all the junk.
                            I will bet with premium hands and draws but I don’t bet wit hall my premium made hands and draws. This makes also my calling range better protected and is an awnser to all the junk I have in my hand when I check the Turn.

Because I will end up with little too much junk I will use the Q (high card) as a bluf card and bet some completely junk (small cards) and small pairs (A2,A5) as a bluff.

Question: Sometimes I end up a situation like this and I am always wondering what to do when I am been reraised or if the person goes allin??? Any advice how to approach such a situation. In my mind I end up with calling of too much with my Marginal made hands or best made hands.
                            Last edited by Luck; 10-14-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Dilly
                              Dilly commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Great answer! On the river, what do you think about bluffing with some of your junk, we can size up to allow for more bluffs. The AX blocked may be enough to warrant a bluff when we have as many nut hands in our range.

As to your question, do you mean if you get raised on the river? If so, it really depends on the opponent. If we think they're only capable of raising 2P+ on the river as many 1/2 players are, we should be folding a lot. Against better players we can fold all of our bluffs, and try and defend at MDF....but based on the sizing it may be difficult for any Villain to bluff raise this river.

$1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind. What is your strategy?
                            • Assume open raising to 5bb is standard in this context
                            • CO weak/passive, say PFR around 8, might be open raising Top 15% here – say, most broadways and all PPs
                            • BTN, being loose and IP, we can expect to call wider than he should, but not crazy wide given that there are players behind who might squeeze. Likely a capped range (top of range would definitely 3bet vs weak opener) that he wants to see a flop with and is OK playing multiway. But he won’t like a squeeze.
                            • Unknown who is in the BB – but important to know how aggressive they are – will assume they play standard.
                            • Calling means we will be OOP in a MWP, so not a good spot to be playing for lots of money. Our strong preference will be to take the pot down PF or get heads up vs the weak/passive. So no calling here, only 3betting.
                            • GTO … Facing CO RFI, SB should 3bet ~11%.
                            • Adjusting for circumstances, we should A) 3bet a little bit less vs a CO with a tighter range but weak player but B) 3bet a fair bit more versus a loose BTN call. Net net, I would tend to 3bet a little more as an adjustment.
                            • I would 3bet a linear range of top 13% of hands

Suppose you raise to $45 (23bb) and only the BTN calls.

Flop J 5 2 (pot $102, 51bb)
                            • SPR = 1.5 (78bb/51bb)
                            • BTN calling indicates stronger end of his initial calling range, but definitely capped to non-nut broadways, middle pairs and high density of suited & connected hands.
                            • Flop hits neither range particularly well. We both likely have JJ, but no other sets. Hero has all the overpairs and more overcards than villain, so that gives us marginal range advantage.
                            • Bet size requires 29% bluffs … 35/(70+50)
                            • Process … first step categorise
                              • Premium made (bet) … TPGK+
                              • Marginal made (check) … Below TPGK, mid & low pairs, decent Ax
                              • Draws (bet) … no OESD or GS, so using (mostly nut) BFDs & holdings with 2 overcards
                              • Junk (check) … worst bd draws, rest

Turn (J 5 2) 6 (pot $172, 86bb)
                            • SPR = 0.7 (60bb/86bb)
                            • Assume BTN, given the pot odds, will call at least one street with any pair, gutshots, overcards & Ace high backdoor flush draws, strengthening his range somewhat.
                            • Turn card is a brick for us, marginally better for Villain.
                            • We have a premium heavy range and very few pure draws left in our range.
                              • We will check some of our non-vulnerable premium hands to protect our checking range. So will check hands like AA, JJ, AJ
                              • We have 10 nutted flush draws AX, KX which we will mostly want to bet, but should have a couple in our checking range – will choose the highest ones that need least protection. We can look to overcards as replacement draws.

River (J 5 2 6) Q (pot $172, 86bb)
                            • River shove of 60bb implies 41% bluff ratio (60/146)
                            • Hard to reach that many bluffs as our range is value heavy allowing us to bet majority of our hands for value and check call

Last edited by MackerIRL; 10-16-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I'll only be 3 betting or folding from the SB

When I get a fold from the original raiser and only the button calls , and then I get a flop of , oh say

Jh 5s 2d , for strong made hands , I am only going to have 3 combos of sets, 18 combos of overpairs

and 3 combos of TPTK. I think I will want to have a checkraising range

I bet 1/3 pot and get a call in this 3bet pot, so I think I wanna be ckecking more than betting on the turn. Im going to check overpairs except for queens, AJdd, and overcards that are not FDs.

Last edited by Anavar; 10-17-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

In a $1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak, passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind. What is your strategy? Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J♥-5♠-2♦. What is your strategy? Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6♦. What is your strategy? Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q♣. What is your strategy?

Comment

In a $1/$2 cash game with 100bb stacks, a weak, passive player raises to $10 from the CO and a loose player calls on the BTN. You are in the small blind.

What is your strategy?

I am going to 3-bet a little wider than the exploitable charts for 100bb cash. With the Btn being a 'loose' call, that puts pressure on EP and also might fold out some of the Btn's range. What they don't fold, they may continue with junky hands that fold to a post flop bet facing one or maybe two opponents. If EP 4-bets us as a weak passive player, I'm folding almost everything except AK and KK+.

Suppose you raise to $45 and only the BTN calls. The flop comes J♥-5♠-2♦.

What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6♦. (Pot = ~$180)

What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q♣.

What is your strategy?

Comment

Comment

• Deep stacked I want to be 3-betting Linear but trying to get the weak CO Heads up
                                      • I don't mind cold calling a few speculative hands OOP this deep for a cheap price that will be easy to get away from on the flop

• When I decide to 3bet, I will be Cbetting my entire range on such a dry board. I expect to get called by a lot of Ax that I dominate, Jx and smaller pairs 55-TT
                                      • I will be betting a small bet size (25%-33%)

• Sticking with the plan if I have ranged the Btn correctly, I will barrel my TP+ for value and all my diamond FD and gutshots as bluffs all-in.
                                      • I can check some Ax and underpairs looking to check-call a bet and see how the River develops or fold with no added equity
                                      • Seeing as the Btn is loose I am expecting him to bet when checked to so to protect my checking range I am also checking AA and JJ to check-raise shove if he does bet small or call off if he shoves

• I think the Q hits my range more than Btn. The only combos he might have are QJ (x 9) that called the flop
                                      • For this reason I think I can get away with some bluffs with my worst hands to account for the fact that I am now very value heavy even though the Turn went ck-ck

• If I check and he shoves River I will need to defend 29% - (120 / 412 = 0.29)
                                      • My calling range beats all his Ax and missed draws, 2x-TT and I think only a portion of his betting range is Jx. If he is loose he is more likely to bluff when he has little/ no showdown at the River

Webinar notes:
                                      Last edited by Simon B; 10-17-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

In progress

Last edited by SeanT; 10-17-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Suppose you bet $35 and the opponent calls. The turn is the 6
                                          . What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q
                                          . What is your strategy?
                                          Last edited by slacker; Yesterday, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Last edited by M R; 10-18-2020, 01:56 PM. Reason: Having a hard time pasting graphics into forum

Comment

• kkep
                                              kkep commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I'm using FF and what is working now is saving the image to file then uploading it. Copy and paste might work with Chrome but I'm not sure.

preflop

click image for larger version  name:	image_9314.png views:	3 size:	108.1 kb id:	43085

flop

click image for larger version  name:	image_9315.png views:	3 size:	122.7 kb id:	43086

turn

Name:	image_9313.png
Views:	39
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	43084

river

Name:	image_9312.png
Views:	38
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	43087
                                            Last edited by RIPAces; 10-19-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Work in progress...

Comment

Last edited by Larry H; 10-20-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

In general, I want to exploit the CO, although that is balanced by the loose BTN, who might 4-bet with a wide range. Also, I think it’s significant whether the player in the BB plays well, which the question doesn’t address.

For all raises, I would bet about $50.

With a caller on the BTN and a good BB, I don’t want a calling range from the SB.

If the BB is weak, either a loose passive or a calling station, I would have a large calling range, because it’s less likely that the BB would 4-bet. Here’s my pre-flop range with a weak BB:

Using the first range, the strong BB range, shown above:

Comment

Suppose you check and the opponent checks back. The river is the Q♣. What is your strategy

Comment

First time doing the homework on here. I'm still not sure I am using the suit selections correctly but this is what I came up with...

I went with a 100% raising strategy because we are in the small blind facing an initial raise from a passive player. I would raise a little on the larger size hoping for folds since we will be forced to play the hand out of position if called.

We were called by the button and the flop favors their range more than ours so I will be C-betting often on the smaller size.

It looks like we do opt for a C-bet of about 1/3 pot, little bigger than I would have preferred but a 2nd diamond does give us more equity for a lot of our back door draws to continue.

Because we now have a very bet heavy range I opted to check back Aces and Kings to help balance my checking range.

We end up checking the turn bringing in the Queen on the river leaving us with a couple of hands to bet for value and one to check call and another to check fold. No obvious draws make it home on the river so I think we can confidently bet on the larger size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	43172 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	43173 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	43174 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	43175
                                                      Last edited by guyphillips365@gmail.com; Yesterday, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Since there is no ante and the opponent raised a significant multiple of the BB, my entire continuing range from the SB is played as a 3-bet. Since I have no calling range, my continuing range will be linear. Even though I have both the CO and BU to get through, my 3-bet range will be slightly wider than it would be if BU had folded because there is more pseudo-dead money in the pot as BU’s range is wide, weak, and condensed (capped).

From the SB I 3-bet to 4x the initial open size by default, and then add on the $10 cold-call from the BTN, making a 3-bet to $50 with my entire continuing range, which is:
                                                        (212 combos, 15.99%) 55+, A7s+, A5s-A4s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, ATo+, KJo+

FLOP:

Since I have a strong range advantage on this flop against a single opponent, I’m going to cbet 0.33PSB ($35 is close enough) with my entire range at 100% frequency. Sized 0.33PSB because the board is very dry, and the SPR is very low (1.55 arriving to the flop). The SPR is so low that even when cbetting only 0.33PSB, there isn’t going to be sufficient stack depth to play for three streets ($170 in the middle and $120 behind heading to the turn).

TURN:

This card improves very few hands in either player’s range, so I maintain my range advantage from the flop and the opponent’s range remains likely condensed (capped). Thus, I should continue to bet at a high frequency. My flop bet was sized small, so the opponent’s range will still contain many hands that will fold to a turn barrel.

I won’t barrel with my entire range though, because some hands in my range won’t function well as a bet. These are the hands that have non-robust equity and are not worried about being outdrawn. Barreling these hands won’t function well either to make the pot bigger in case I win or to deny the opponent the ability to realize their equity (EX: Jh9h or TdTs).

I’m jamming this range for “value” :
                                                        Sets (9 combos)
                                                        Overpairs (18 combos)
                                                        Top-pair KJ/AJ (16 combos)

Jamming all my flush draws would likely be “bluffing” too much (with 43 “value” and 20 “bluff” combos, and my opponent getting $290-$120 or 2.4-1 odds). Since the SPR is very low and my particular opponent is “loose”, I’m concerned with including too many “bluffs” in my range. If I have to check some flush-draws to keep from bluffing too often, since all my non-A-high-flush-draws have virtually no showdown value, I’d rather bluff with those combos and check some of my AdXd combos. If I check Ad5d and AdKd, that leaves a barrel range of 43 “value” combos and 18 “bluff” combos, which makes the opponent, getting pot odds of 2.4-1, roughly indifferent to calling with bluff-catchers.

Since this particular opponent is loose, I might also jam QJ combos. Likely all my JX could be profitably jammed against a loose opponent, but by checking hands like JTs, J9s I have some hands that can confidently check-call when facing BU’s turn jams, or something with which to potentially bluff-catch rivers if BU checks back turn.

This leaves me betting with 61/191 combos on this turn, for a barreling frequency of ~32%, which seems too low given this particular turn card (I predict a solver solution to achieve a barreling frequency around 60% on this particular turn). Barreling all JX and flush-draws increases the frequency only to ~38%. I can barrel even wider still, betting TT-no-diamond (3 combos), 99-no-diamond (3 combos), and Th9h, Tc9c, Ts9s, Th8h, Tc8c, Ts8s, getting the frequency up to ~44%. Including these extra bets, however, leaves my checking range very weak, condensed, and potentially exploitable.

I will check-call facing a turn jam with: QJs, JTs, J9s, pocket-tens-without-any-diamond, pocket-nines-without-any-diamond, perhaps wider depending on the particular opponent.

RIVER:

Bet for value:
                                                        QQ (3)
                                                        AQo (9), KQo (9)
                                                        QJs (if I decided to check it on turn), Q9s (3), QTs (3),

Making for about 27 value combos.

Bluff (about 12 combos): K-high, some A-high (prioritizing ATs and A9s because of blockers, and A4s because it’s the weakest A-high)

KcTc, KhTh, KsTs, Kc9c, Kh9h, Ks9s, AcTc, AhTh, AsTs, Ac9c, Ah9h, As9s, Ac4c, Ah4h, As4s,

Check-call facing a jam:
                                                        JTs, J9s, potentially wider depending on the opponent, and with those additional calling hands like TT I would prefer to unblock diamonds.

This means I am very often check-folding facing a jam on this river, but that seems fine given that typical opponents at this level won’t have much of a bluffing frequency in that situation. Perhaps the opponent could be jamming this river with A-high, but typical opponents won’t turn one-pair hands into bluffs in that situation.

Sorry for not including more images but I'm new here and unfamiliar with the range analyzer tool. I used Equilab to work through the ranges.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X