Poker Math?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Math?

Hello, I am planning on becoming a Premium member here soon. I want to have a good grip on the fundamentals before I pay so I don't waste time going through the lessons etc. I just checked out "Modern Poker Theory" by Michael Acevedo from the library and was getting into the math needed to calculate combos, pot odds and outs and realized I need to go back to basics to understand the formulas illustrated. Is it algebra? What math do I need to learn to get started? Thank you.

example: This is a formula for "number combinations" in a section called "combinatorics" I understand the factorial function, but is this algebra? What is 'n' and what is 'k'?

n!
    ----------------
    k! (n-k)!

Comment

Most of the maths in Modern Poker Theory is far beyond what you actually need at the table.

The author just uses it as proof that the concepts are mathmatically sound.

Here is the fundamental course on PC that should cover all the basics before you start tackling the tougher concepts: https://pokercoaching.com/ld-courses...-fundamentals/

Comment

• shutemdwn
        shutemdwn commented
        Editing a comment
        *sigh of relief* Thank you!

• shutemdwn
        shutemdwn commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh, I've been working on this too. I'm on Postflop: River Strategy

Jonathan has a fundamentals series of videos in the courses section. This will give you all of the information you need to to move on to the Masterclass Courses.

Comment

• shutemdwn
        shutemdwn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!
    Working...
    X