Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing poker site

Hello.
    I would like to ask on which sites do you recommend I should be playing at? Lets say I am a begginer and with the help of premium subscription am hoping I will increase my skill in playing poker. I am from Europe.

Thanks

I would simply have a look and see which sites are offering the best promotions for new members.

I personally play on Pokerstars and Grosvenor (iPoker). Grosvenor might be UK only though, I'm not sure.

Comment

Ok. GG poker any good? Because yesterday I was playing pokerstars and I had equilab turned on to check some of my hand in between playing, mainly for edjucational purposes, as I wanted to review previus hands of mine. And I got a warning from pokerstars that I should not have equilab running while playing pokerstars. Any suggestions?

Comment

No sites allow you to use equity calculation programs at the same time. Equilab should be used to studying away from the tables, not whilst you're actually playing.

Just speaking from personal experience, I hate GGPoker. Have a read of some of the reviews online and you'll probably see why. I played on their site for about 4 weeks before withdrawing my bankroll with them and moving it elsewhere.

Comment

• dusanmilos91@gmail.com
          dusanmilos91@gmail.com commented
          Editing a comment
          So I have been playing at the GG poker for lets say two weeks at the cash games 0,05/0,10 micro stakes. Usually I play 4 tables and I try to learn and implement everything I learn into my strategy. I am up currently but I really dont lean on the + or - too much. As I said just trying to learn as much as I can. But I have mixed feelings already about GG poker. Will stay for some time until I collect my bonus from the first deposit but I dont know. Partypoker any good? Also considering Pokerstars. I will mainly play cash games and at the moment only 00,5/0,10 microstakes until I have appropriate bankroll and knowledge to move up.

Thanks for your help

I live in Spain and from here I can’t play on GG poker. However I hear it might be the best option for the recreational player, not so much for a GOOD player though .

Recently I tried partypoker....I had some really strange experience for 7 days in a raw so I left it. I’m not sure if I will give it a 2nd chance. Besides what happened, I don’t really like their interface. The actions from the opponents are not clear, there are some small details that are irritating for me. They have bigger pool than my site so that’s a +.Overall I didn’t like it.
        888 is another option. They are currently investing a lot in commercials, at least here in Spain, maybe soon the pool will be bigger and I am for sure going to try it full time at near future.
        I play at Bet365 poker. From all of the sites where I have played I like it the most. Small players pool though.

p.s. You say you are a beginner and you are 4-tabling?! Something is not right here! 😀

Comment

• dusanmilos91@gmail.com
          dusanmilos91@gmail.com commented
          Editing a comment
          When you look at all the good players at this forum and this community overall I like to say for myself that I am as much of a begginer as one can be

PokerStars because:
        a) you can use PokerTracker/HoldEmManager to track your Data and of opponents for detailed analysis which is I believe the most important thing for making improvements
        b) they have a lot of action at the Micro Stakes so you are not so likely to play games that are too big for your bankroll
        c) the opponents are pretty tough and losing will make you better if you are willing to learn from mistakes
        d) very good customer support
        e) I believe they have the least rake (or maybe GG poker)

my advice is to play a TAG Style (if you want to win), I am trying to win with a lose-aggressive Style because I am sick in the head and suffer from serious illnesses like fancy play syndrome and superiority/godcomplex

if you play by the GTO Charts I believe you will be crushed because the playerpool mostly consists of TAG-regulars (some winning some losing but most pretty decent) who basically only play the nuts.

If you come to PokerStars let us know.

Stay Tight bro

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gale View Post
          if you play by the GTO Charts I believe you will be crushed because the playerpool mostly consists of TAG-regulars (some winning some losing but most pretty decent) who basically only play the nuts.
          This is incorrect.

If our we are playing optimal ranges, and our opponents are playing sub-optimal ranges, then we will not get crushed.

If you are losing to these players it is more likely due to deficencies in your post-flop play.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonImp View Post

This is incorrect.

If our we are playing optimal ranges, and our opponents are playing sub-optimal ranges, then we will not get crushed.

If you are losing to these players it is more likely due to deficencies in your post-flop play.

you are probably right, I just made assumptions. I am still working on perfecting my preflop play so what do I know. Thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
            X