Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Bet Pot OOP

https://pokercoaching.com/classes/ho...r-on-the-flop/

In the video above, at 2:04, Jonathan Little says that OOP as the preflop 3better you are never really going to have a range advantage. Can anyone tell me why that is true?

The key here is that JL says you are rarely going to have a big range advantage.

Equities run a lot closer in 3! pots as the ranges consist of a greater percentage of strong hands. As the preflop 3! you are likely to still have a range advantage, but it won't be anywhere near as big as your advantage opening from UTG and getting flat called by the BB, for example.

Comment

Okay so if HJ raises and I 3bet from BB I won't have a strong range advantage. So then if I continue to follow that chart on boards where I have a Moderate Range Advantage I should bet 25%-75% of the time. And for sizing since I don't have the range advantage so I should always bet big?

And on the flip side, I 25%-75% of the time I should be checking?

Comment

My understanding is that the range advantage is a driver of betting frequency, not the size.

We bet more frequently the bigger the range advantage.

As the 3-bettor when we are IP we should be betting small on most flops unless they are extremely co-ordinated and interact well with the caller's range.

Comment

Working...
        X