New to Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Tournaments

Been a small stakes cash game player for about 10 years and a winning player for about 10 months. Have played in maybe 6 tournaments ever from winning free entries from spinning the wheel on Borgata.com. My last 3 times was fairly recently (since joining pokercoaching) and I was ITM on all 3. I am guessing my improved understanding has translated to tournaments. Tuesday I placed in the top 10% for a qualifier to the $400 Satellite tonight. The top 45 or so will win a ticket to the WPT online main event. I am unfamiliar with the tournament circuit. Is this like THE main event? It says the buy in for it is $3500 so I am assuming it is (seem to remember that they might be doing a live and an online event this year). As I have never really liked tournament play (likely because of my lack of ability) I have spent zero time in learning specifically tournament play so I am spending the next four hours learning what I can from the tournament master class. Any advice and is anyone else playing in the tournament at 20:30 eastern time?

Emma Raducanu. It's like you've done it before but you haven't
    Last edited by broke&livin; 09-16-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Probably a bit late now, but if you wanted a real crash-course in MTT play, might be better working through the 30 day MTT challenge and memorising JL's MTT cheat sheet.

Comment

Of course the tournament masterclass is awesome and can cover many leaks a player may have.Then i suggest if you want more edge and as you get better to try the Raise your edge tournamant masterclass which i think is the top course nowadays along with the PadsOnPads from runitonce.Anyway the JL tournament masterclass is perfect for starting to making profits in low to midstake tournaments

Comment

if you think it's about always getting it in good, you don't know 1/3 of it. Is there a tournament pro who isn't in debt or make up?
          Last edited by broke&livin; 09-18-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X