$1100 WPT Fallsview Quiz Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1100 WPT Fallsview Quiz Question

Evan Jarvis has a quiz for the #1100 WPT in the lobby and I have a couple questions. Hope someone can help me out.
    In the quiz Jarvis opens from UTG+2 with KTo sitting on a 37 bbs stack. The rest of the players behind him (except the bb has 21 bbs) have 13 bbs. Jarvis opens to a large size 2.5x.

1) Shouldn't our opening range be based on 13 bbs, not 40 bbs because the effective stacks behind him are 13 bbs?
    2) Why would he open large to 2.5x where if he gets shoved on by a 13bbb stack he has to call it off?

Thanks.

I also thought 13BB chart should be used. Btw what are open charts? Shoving charts I can understand. Even those people deviate from. I doubt he was calling off KT. He didn't say much on that.
    Last edited by broke&livin; 08-06-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broke&livin View Post
      I also thought 13BB chart should be used. Btw what are open charts? Shoving charts I can understand. Even those people deviate from. I doubt he was calling off KT. He didn't say much on that.
      You are correct. He wouldn't call it off. I still think it is incorrect to use the 40bb chart though like you said.

Comment

If he doesn't call off, he doesn't need to consult any chart. Why 40bb chart? Jam/fold chart means what wins at showdown more or less. But what is open chart? to see a flop and go from there?
        Last edited by broke&livin; 08-09-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I generally determine my open size based off of the BTN and or BB since they are always the 2 most likely positions we will be getting involved with. That said if the BB has 21BB I'm opening 2x.

If this is an ICM spot I think we would want to open a bit larger than 2x because once all the short stacks fold the BB has to defend a decent bit tighter than they would in a Cev spot.

We can have an open fold range even off of 10BB. It's quite effective actually which is why I never even look at push fold charts.

Comment

Originally posted by broke&livin View Post
            If he doesn't call off, he doesn't need to consult any chart. Why 40bb chart? Jam/fold chart means what wins at showdown more or less. But what is open chart? to see a flop and go from there?
            Preflop Chart | PokerCoaching.com This is an open raising chart. All math approved.

Comment

Working...
            X