• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilly
    commented on 's reply
    kkep sure thing

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    Dilly please flag these guys with no posts that come in with nothing but BS.

• Dilly
    commented on 's reply
    summer4ever even less my business if you don't tag me so I don't see it until days later lol

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    @broke&livin please try to keep you posts constructive. Most of them borderline trolling. FYI I've seen players up over $100k with average buy ins of $2 and less

• summer4ever
    commented on 's reply
    none of your business what I say on this forum

• GusP
    replied
    I am laughing at his responses.I ve seen a couple more trolls in the forum who are commenting and maybe could be the same person with multiple accounts

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure if you thought this was a new thread, or you posted once, then got no response, and decided to post again 6 days later with similar non-constructive and negative comments.

This kind of immaterial and demeaning content isn't in line with the goals and spirit of the forum, at best it's not going to get much response, at worst the mods will start removing your comments and potentially banning you.

I also don't think OP's plan is a sound one, but there's no point in commenting the way you have so far.

• summer4ever
    replied
    born sucker. I feel bad for your wife and kids.

Leave a comment:

• GusP
    commented on 's reply
    What you are saying is totally off.A strong player will play any mtt that he considers to be profitable.And yes a professional who plays midstakes you will see him register from 11 to 109$ mtts

• broke&livin
    commented on 's reply
    its your life. but no such thing as strong player at low stakes.

• GusP
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly that.Also you can add Brazil and Russia where you see very strong players play low or midstakes for a living

• Dilly
    commented on 's reply
    @broke&livin I would say that sounds pretty reasonable assuming someone lives in the US. Plenty people in Venezuela, Moldova, Albania, etc playing micros and making a not terrible living, relatively speaking

• broke&livin
    commented on 's reply
    You should have at least 100k, playing at least $109 and up with very good results, 30 first places. Most people never get there.
    Last edited by broke&livin; 07-24-2021, 06:19 AM.

• GusP
    commented on 's reply
    First of all thanks for your response it is appreciated.Now as far as roi i dont think if i have 20% roi my plan will be viable.I think at 20-35$ i should hit 28-35% roi(it is hard but the good players there who grind have these roi).I did not know that JL does not recommend playing sats,however i think they are profitable because many players there are horrible and besides that if you win a seat and the mtt has not began you can always keep the T$ for something else.I have a years savings at least to live comfortably so i can grind more relaxed(although this may not be good because i like pressure more and when everything is fine i dont put in much volume).I have a problem with volume which i have to solve because i am targeting for 6 to 7k mtts a year but i am planning to play for 10 months and keep 2 months away from playing.We ll see how it goes because everything is still theoretical.The key thing i believe is to always study and improve your game and i will always do that.By the way recently purchased a new course from runitonce PADS on PADS which is awesome,I have studied so many courses but this one can make a true difference at the tables

• summer4ever
    replied
    Being pro poker is like being in mafia, it is for suckers.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    So it seems your win ROI is around 28%, let's assume that's correct and that it drops to 20% at your new higher buy ins. Assuming 250 player fields on average, and let's say you can play 40 MTTs/day, and you take no weeks off so 160 a week, around 8300 per year. Using the Primedope.com Tournament Variance calculator you have a 70% chance of hitting your goal of $24K/mo.

That's assuming all these assumptions are correct, 30% risk of failing to meet goal might not seem like a lot but you really need to consider:
    • Your win rate could be entirely off, JL has recommended assuming 25% of your win rate if you're playing for a living which is no doubt very conservative, but even if you only assume half your win rate, the majority of outcomes are going to be short of your goal.
    • I would strongly recommend not playing satellites for all the reason JL cautions against them, they're effectively a parlay where you won't get paid more often that you do, and in this situation all your time spent needs to be generating revenue. Plus you will be satellite into tougher games.
    • Your assumption that poker has the upside of you will be eventually moving up in stakes, in your situation where you will be taking money out of your bankroll for life expenses means you will be moving up very slowly, unless you run insanely hot in the first 3 months, which is basically hoping your life on a gamble.
    • What happens if you lose? Does your wifes income cover your family's expenses? If you lose and your wife is forced to cover the financial burden for the family, what will that do to your family dynamic?

There are a ton of other questions to ask, but in short, I do not think this is a very good plan. From my perspective, with children in the picture your risk of ruin needs to be as close to zero as possible. Could this work out for you? Sure. But there are safer ways to make more money if you put your mind to it and personally I would not be able to stomach the variance of this plan if I had two kids depending on me.

Leave a comment:

• GusP
    commented on 's reply
    Haha ok mate...

• summer4ever
    replied
    Stop Don't do it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gale
    replied
    Good luck on your journey.

If you can't put a lot of volume in, maybe try to play on the good days (saturdays, sundays) to increase the Winnings

Leave a comment:

• GusP
    started a topic About starting as pro

About starting as pro

Hello guys I am thinking to start playin poker for income in a month or so.My contract in the job that i have is ending in a month and i am going to get paid 30k euro compensation.I will start with having a 7k bankroll exclusively for online poker and another 10k for 3 month expenses as a cushion.My target mtts will be 11-33$ and i will give shots via sats to bigger ones(will definitely target the high rollers in pokerstars).I am planning to play about 10hours a day 4 times a week.I am currently 5 tabling so i have to add 1 or 2 more tables i think.My minimum target is 24k a year clear winnings(and i am quite above what i earned in my job) and my maximum whatever possible.Currently i am playing average 7$ dollar mtts and winning about 1.5-2 $ per mtt in some thousand games.The problem so far is with the volume i put in which is low because i also had my day job.So i am starting a different journey in a month.How do you find my numbers to start with?I think it is a sound plan at least how i see it.Also i am keeping some money for mindset coaching if needed in the future (I think i might have a difficulty there and i want all aspects covered).Generally keep a subscription to PS premium and if things go as planned i will also play some live mtts mostly in Europe like in EPT events.What worries me about live events is the extra expenses that you have to pay for the trip and hotel etc.So you have to be above your current roi in live mtts to consider them playing
    PS: I am 35 living in Greece i have 2 children and my current family income with my wife's income is 2,5k euro/month.With the plan that i have at first it wont have much of a difference i guess but in poker there is a bonus.As you advance and play bigger mtts then your profits may increase exponentially(if of course you are on the right track and progressing)
    Last edited by GusP; 07-23-2021, 03:24 AM.
Working...
X