Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about ICMIZER?

Hi guys. Hope you are having a blast.

I was wondering what you think about ICMIZER from ICMpoker.com. Is it worth the investment for getting better at tournament poker?

Best regards!

ICMIZER or HRC or something similar are definitely worthwhile tools for studying MTT spots

Comment

• Ekrogh
      Ekrogh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your feedback on this. I think I might give it a try.

Hi Ekrogh

I actually took the plunge and purchased ICMizer yesterday.

I've made a decent amount of final tables recently but not converted any of them into wins so wanted to see if I was making any big mistakes. The answer being a fairly resounding yes...

The sng trainer is very good for practicing. The 120 question a day limit seemed a bit stingy, but each question is actually 4 sub-questions so will take a good couple of hours to get through each day. The fact that you can see how you do compared to the rest of the population is motivating too.

It comes with a 7 day free trial, and I believe a 30 days money back guarantee too, so there's no reason not to at least take it for a spin.

Like all software, by purchasing it you do not immediately become a better poker player. You get out of it what you put in. If you're not planning on putting in the hours to improve using it then there's no point buying it. If you are motivated and willing to improve though, I think it's a great piece of kit.

Comment

• Ekrogh
      Ekrogh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you so much for the thorough feedback @Londonlmp. I really enjoy reading your take on many of the topics on this forum.

I was actually wondering about the sng trainer, and tried the 3 free spins you get when you download ICM. It looks pretty solid.

And with a 7 day trial; there is no reason not to try it.

I know you are right about the fact that a useful software on its own can't make you a better poker player. Fortunately I enjoy grind.

Best regards

I use ICMizer for reviewing my all in play after every session, I go into each tournament and run it to see whether I was correct or not to shove or call my all ins and it also shows up spots where I should have shoved and missed the opportunity to do so which is usually in the small blind , I haven’t really utilised SNG coach but after reading Londonimp post I will look into it

Comment

• LondonImp
      LondonImp commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you go about filtering what hands you want to export to run through ICMIZER?

I tried to just export all ~1,300 hands from my last session using the 'My Reports' tab but it seems to be unable to export more than 250 at a time.

Im using hold em manger 2 ,I have two ways of doing it if i want to go through each tournament at a time I just select the single tournament copy and paste all the hands into ICMizer it definitely does more than 250 hands that then analysis every hand and shows up what I have missed shoving , if I don’t have as much time I just go to “overall” for the day and select a filter for “all in pre flop” and then copy and paste that into ICMizer and then that just deals with the hand I actually did go all in with hope this helps
    Last edited by weersb76; 07-10-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• LondonImp
      LondonImp commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that does help, thanks. I've started flagging the first hand of each FT so that way I know I can export everything after that without either program having a meltdown.

This might just me being cynical, but as soon as my 7-day free trial ended and I moved to the annual subscription, it felt like the speed of the calculations slowed...

Comment

Haha there is an addon, icmizer nitro to speed up calculations...Maybe you have to purchase this one also and it is not cheap...Lol this is ridiculous if it is true

Comment

Yeah, it's expensive to upgrade to "nitro".

I'm also fairly unhappy because I was charged a lot more than the price that was quoted.

Apparently tax wasn't included in the price but you can't do that here in the UK. Consumer protection and all that... Pretty poor from them.

Still, I'm trying to use it for a couple of hours every day and hopefully it will have paid for itself fairly soon once I've nabbed a few better payouts.

Comment

Yes yes i forgot this one about the tax..i had also a subscription for a couple months.It really makes a bad impression when you see in the checkout that tax is not included in the price.When i played some spots seemed weird to me.It is overly aggressive from the small blind rfi i think.Also at 10-15 bb you should include many limps from the small blind(actually almost 60% of hands that you play).What i mean is that there is difference between the perfect gto strategy which icmizer plays and the mix of exploitative and gto that is considered to be the best strategy nowadays.Generally speaking though it is a very nice tool

Comment

I don't think the team at IZMIZER do a good enough job at explaining what their tool can actually do.

The 'basic' function is just a push/fold solution as you correctly say, but you can manually compare different opening sizes and responses and see how this affects the profitabilty, all whilst taking into account ICM and FGS considerations.

It's a good bit of kit.

Comment

Working...
            X