Not sure if I will be renewing my quarterly PC.com subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I will be renewing my quarterly PC.com subscription

My quarterly subscription ends on June 8th and I am not sure if I am going to renew or not. I am not sure if I want to keep grinding poker. After playing live for a year over a decade ago, I left and went back to run a business I had. I sold that business in 2014. To be honest, it was exhausting. Twelve hours a day at the tables, gobbling down cheap food and hurrying back to the game so I wouldn't get picked up, plus two more hours of studying. Fourteen hours a day, six days a week was not glamorous to me.

While I think this site has a lot of good information, I find its strength is in tournament play more than cash games, which makes sense because that is really where Jonathan excels. I am a cash game player. In addition, I feel most of the content is better suited for live play than online. I will think it over and decide what I am going to do.

I do think the forum on PC.com is great and the amount of help from everyone(except Dilly) has been awesome!!!

Thanks!!

Even if you decide to take a break the forums are still available to you and I think there are some free content available on PC.com as well.

Comment

It sounds like you just need a break mate.

Burnout is a very real thing, but it's not always easy to admit you have. I'm not suggesting you are burnt out, but it's something to keep in mind.

If you're finding poker a literal grind then it sounds like the love has gone. It's probably still there, but maybe the two of you just need a bit of time apart

Comment

Working...
      X