Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else here crush early street play (pre/flop), but ... ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here crush early street play (pre/flop), but ... ???

And then the river so horribly they can hardly beat the rake?

My win plot has this nice positive slope, and then these HUGE (too frequent) negative spikes. The positive spikes don't equal the negative ones and my nice positive slope is wiped out with I believe horrible late street play (especially river.)

Curious if anyone else has had that particular challenge and corrected it... because I desperately need to. Right now I am both decent and suck horribly.

Thanks

How are you specifically losing on the river? If you're losing a ton at showdown, you're probably calling much too light which is a very common issue for low stakes players as they start to study and develop fundamentally sound strategies. When people bluff river as rarely as they do at micros, we need to over-fold a ton

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
      How are you specifically losing on the river? If you're losing a ton at showdown, you're probably calling much too light which is a very common issue for low stakes players as they start to study and develop fundamentally sound strategies. When people bluff river as rarely as they do at micros, we need to over-fold a ton
      Yes, it is mostly at showdown. And yes, I think a big issue is I think my opponent's frequency of bluff bombing the showdown is similar to mine... and I'm simply wrong (I think). Two things seem to fool me. (1) How infrequently the players bluff bomb (2) the type of hands that show on the showdown is way more frequent than I'd would assume given the previous action.
      Last edited by Deckhole; 05-20-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Dilly
        Dilly commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah definitely start over-folding on at least some level especially on the river. As JJ said below, population in almost any game is under-bluffing, in the micros it's insane. Not sure which games exactly you're playing, but in micro cash coaches have said against 3-bet/triple barrel, XR/double barrel, and triple barrels in general, it can be okay to legit fold every bluff catcher without a read. A tonnnnn of the players in the micros just don't bluff those lines. Start folding more and just keep reminding yourself, you're saving way more against the nuts than you're losing getting bluffed against these players

• jjpregler
        jjpregler commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a common error poker players have, they tend to think that everyone they play thinks about the game exactly as they do. As soon as you fix this and understand that everyone has a different approach to the game, you will become a better player at understanding the ranges of hands your opponents will have.

The population of poker players do not bluff often enough on the river.

Comment

Yes...I’m a new player and i had the same tendency in my play.

I’m now being a little more cautious with big pots . ..i try to keep the small hand small pot/ big hand big pot maxim in mind. Its helping. ...although i’m still getting clobbered occasionally, it has reduced the number of sessions when i get a big loss and helped make me a (small) winner, as long as i play at soft times.

p.s. If its any consolation, my last 3 big bluffs have all run into the nuts bring slowplayed ; quad tens, ace high flush and straight flush...have to treat them as a learning experience...
        Last edited by NewbieFish; 05-22-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X