Head-up Tournament Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head-up Tournament Play

Does anyone have any study materials they would recommend for heads-up tournament play? I've worked on studying the heads-up ranges and that's helped. Now, I'm looking for some tutoring to build on that. Thanks.

Olivier Bisquet course in the Courses page. His chapter in the Excelling book. And I think there may be one course by Jonathan.

Comment

This is something I could do with doing a bit of work into again. I got HU in an MTT recently and just bottled it, such a waste of an opportunity.

Comment

Strategy: Are You Sage? Getting an Edge in Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em (pokerartikelen.blogspot.com)

My goal heads up is to grind my opponent down to 10BBs then I revert to the above article. GTO might have a more complicated strategy that maybe makes a couple more chips here and there, but since I found this article, I have won more than my fair share of heads up.

Comment

• jjpregler
          jjpregler commented
          Editing a comment
          I know I probably shouldn't encourage more responses on this, but I wanted to comment to any other who read this. I have checked the system with the Nash heads up charts and the Sage system is over 95% accurate when compared to Nash heads up charts.

You may miss 1 hand here or have 1 extra hand there, but when you are playing and don't have the charts handy, this is a very very close approximation of the Nash heads up charts.

So weak or strong opponents "allowing" me to play according to Nash has nothing to do with it.

• sumdimfarc
          sumdimfarc commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't believe I have to explain this. A tough table is one where everyone is playing for the win, you will not be able to grind them down.

• sumdimfarc
          sumdimfarc commented
          Editing a comment
          LondonImp You don't need to partake if you don't understand.

If I came in 2nd every time I made it to heads up, I couldn't beat the downswing.

Comment

• LondonImp
          LondonImp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, for sure. Thankfully I've won 3 or 4 tournaments over the past 6 months, but if these had all been 2nd places as well as my recent 2nd place then my results would be very different.

Busquet course is next to useless.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpregler View Post
          Strategy: Are You Sage? Getting an Edge in Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em (pokerartikelen.blogspot.com)

My goal heads up is to grind my opponent down to 10BBs then I revert to the above article. GTO might have a more complicated strategy that maybe makes a couple more chips here and there, but since I found this article, I have won more than my fair share of heads up.
          What PI values do you use for R = 8 to 10?

Comment

If you listen to Jon little's review of final tables, this guy should not want to go out before that guy. That's not how games are actually played. jjpregler, why aren't you playing high roller events if money follow ev? can you bring yourself up to say who is better than you?

Comment

Hello, I am an intermediate in poker who needs some advice on books that are definitely worth reading. As I am not the best reader here, I have a hard time exploring books. So if any one of you can recommend me some books that will definitely help me out, I would be so grateful. Cheers!

Comment

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                Jonathan Little's last book fits that mold perfectly I think. Excelling at Tough No Limit Hold Em

• LondonImp
                LondonImp commented
                Editing a comment
                A bit off topic mate. But, a book I read recently and enjoyed was Why Alex Beats Bobbie at Poker. This is quite an easy going read and quite entertaining.
            Working...
            X