Study session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study session

What should i be doing to maximize my study with my hud? And what should i look for in terms of biggest leaks to fix? Any thoughts on this would be helpfull and i would love to somehow study with others if at all possible. Thanks!

Has anyone used the private coaching on here?

Comment

What are you currently doing now with your HUD and what stats do you use?

Comment

• Byrdman
        Byrdman commented
        Editing a comment
        Rite now i go through some random hands and try to review them but i get a little lost on where i should focus

• NJpokermike36
        NJpokermike36 commented
        Editing a comment
        What HUD setup do you use? I use PT4 and have downloaded Blackrain79 Full HUD. Lot's of info available on your screen while playing, plus you can always click to bring the pop up, with more information up.

• Byrdman
        Byrdman commented
        Editing a comment
        I have drivhud rite now due to wanting to play on bol as well as acr. And its actually messed up rite now im trying to fix it. I cant edit anything on my hud at the moment.

Cash or MTT? Yes I know several people from PC that use some of the coaches for private coaching. Some also do private group coaching.

Comment

• Byrdman
        Byrdman commented
        Editing a comment
        Mtt. I am really thinking of trying some coaching. Im laid off from work for the past year and doesnt look good for going back and have a perfect oppertunity to play more poker and try to make something of it.

Decent to good basic HUD stats might look like 20/15/8+, 2bet PF and fold to 3! around 50, CB around 60-65, check raise flop around 10-12, call river efficiency above 1 but less than 2 ideal might be 1.5 - 1.7, WTSD maybe 35-40 not sure but 40 might be a bit high. I'm 46 and trying to work it down.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Ill look into the stats and see where i need to improve

Comment

Originally posted by kkep View Post
          Decent to good basic HUD stats might look like 20/15/8+, 2bet PF and fold to 3! around 50, CB around 60-65, check raise flop around 10-12, call river efficiency above 1 but less than 2 ideal might be 1.5 - 1.7, WTSD maybe 35-40 not sure but 40 might be a bit high. I'm 46 and trying to work it down.
          Question about call river efficiency... Why do you want to win less at showdown?
          Ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river. Money that is taken out of the pot as rake is not counted as money won.

Formula: Amount of Game Currency Called on the River and Won / Amount of Game Currency Called on the River

Comment

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the formula you are referring to is Call River and Won Showdown. We probably want that a tick over 50% but I'm not sure of the sweet spot. I'm doing quite well with that figure at 49%. WTSD is a different stat, 'Went to Show Down'.

Originally posted by MOUSE85 View Post
          Question about call river efficiency... Why do you want to win less at showdown?
          In terms of winning when calling, it can be a sign that we're calling too tightly. Yes we might win every time we call with absolute nuts, but if we fold every time we have the 2nd nuts fearing monsters under the bed, then we'll have a ridiculously high won at showdown percentage, but actually we're throwing money away by folding the best hand too often.

Comment

Originally posted by kkep View Post
            I realise this topic is starting to go off on a bit of a tangent, I hope the OP doesn't mind.

So far this year these are my MTT stats:

WTSD: 47.14
            WSD: 53.9
            Call R Eff: 2.25

Are all these numbers too high?

EDIT: My 'Call R Eff' specifically from the BTN is 0.06. That looks like a major potential problem...

Comment

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't really know what the WTSD should be but I feel something around 40% might be OK. Logically the higher our WTSD% is the weaker our range is on the river.

In a pot that goes bet bet bet theoretically we should arrive with 33% of our range but that is not always going to be the case which is why I'm guessing 40% might be near the high acceptable number.

According to JL's new book the recommended Call R eff is 2. Below 1 is bad. I'm 1.75, my worst position is the BB 1.15. 2.25 is likely fine but the higher it gets I think indicates an over willingness to fold bluff catchers.

WSD% I feel like 50% (which happens to be an ideal number for a bunch of spots) might be the sweet spot. Over 60% the player is to nitty and mostly only showing down with the goods. Under 40% is a calling station
          Working...
          X