Do we ever fold this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we ever fold this??

im in the lowjack with poket 10's. 6BB. and 4 people away from the money. the rest of the players yet to act are 30bb-70bb deep.
    do we always go all in here or get the min cash at this point?

How many players cash in total?

Comment

• dragonborn
      dragonborn commented
      Editing a comment
      i think it was 200ish? it was the "boski special" on acr

If you are the shortest stack it's an easy jam. Even if you are one of the 4 shortest stacks I think it's jam. If there are 5+ shorter stacks than it *might* be a fold from the LJ but I'm not sure.

The position of the biggest stack or two matters too. If the guy with 70BB is in the BB I would jam for sure because the other players have a large risk premium with the big stack behind him. So if they have any clue about ICM they can't call 6BB without a premium hand. For instance I think the middling stacks at least probably should have to fold AJo and maybe even AQo.

So in a sense the big stack gives you some protection in that example but of course he can call you off with idk about 20% of his range which is kinda good for you as the short stack since your going to win roughly 55% vs what I think they might be calling with.

On the other hand if you have been sitting there blinding down orbit after orbit looking for a premium hand then even the biggest stack should narrow his/her range a bit more. So you steal the blinds and antes a bit more but when you do get called you'll likely be crushed or in a straight up flip.

If you have the hand history I can run it on HRC although it will be somewhat of a guesstimate and I think the FGS only looks at the next 2-3 hands but it's worth looking at it as pure ICM too I think.

Comment

• dragonborn
      dragonborn commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah there was 10+ shorter stacks than me. so in the future if i ever get into that spot again i think i might just fold...idk. maybe im being results oriented. i get called by the BB who is also the 70bb stack and he has AJo. hits the J on the turn...haha
Working...
X