GG Poker Rush & Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG Poker Rush & Cash

Hi! I'm playing rush and cash $0.25/$0.50 games. Do the cash game course range charts and raise sizes still apply in these games?

As players have an opportunity to see a lot more hands than normally then I have found that:
    1. Preflop raise size is usually 2.53BB
    2. Preflop raise is seldom re-raised and players just call
    3. 3 bet sizes are much smaller than in cash game theory course. Typically a pot size 3bet
    Really appreciate your thoughts!

Best,
    Kris

Hi - welcome to the forum mate.

I'm answering this under the assumption your game functions similar to Pokerstars' zoom offering with 100bb stacks as stadard and no antes.

Originally posted by Krisnuts View Post
    Preflop raise size is usually 2.53BB
    This is totally normal and happens in all cash games that I've played in.

Preflop raise is seldom re-raised and players just call
    It has been proven that we make a greater profit when we 3! instead of calling. If our opponents are frequently taking lines that are more passive and generate less profit from us then this is a great outcome for us.

3 bet sizes are much smaller than in cash game theory course. Typically a pot size 3bet
    When our opponents use a smaller 3! size, this means we are getting pot odds and should continue wider than usual. Be careful with your assumptions though, a pot size 3! is bigger than what would be advocated for a 3! in position in the cash game course.

What's important to realise is how your points 2 and 3 correlate. If your opponents very rarely 3! then when they do so they are going to have a far stronger range than usual. We can still continue wide because of the great odds they give us with their sub-optimal 3! sizing (provided of course you are correct about this) but we need to realise that we are trying to beat a very strong hand. We don't want to call a 3! against a villain that only 3!s the top 4% of hands and then call off our stacks when we make top pair type hands.

Comment

Working...
    X