X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about my bustout hand 2

note this is a freezeout

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=224QClks4

I think it is 100% a bad call. Why would I want to put all my chips in against two people who are all in? At best your flipping and against two people you are a dog or a small favorite. You have over 20 BB left. I would not risk my tourney life with AK against two people, especially if I lose and I will be out of the tourney.

Thanks!

Comment

Not enough information. Are you near the bubble? How many players left. If it is a PS game with so many 30k stacks, you should either be at the bubble or ITM. Therefore, ICM plays a role in this.

When I run it in pure chip EV at 100% range it is a call, but I am suspecting that this should not be run on chip EV.

Additionally, the ranges change depending on the ICM pressure of each player. The button shoves a different range with ICM pressure than he would in a chip EV spot.

Also any reads on SB. Would he shove 100% of his range, or is he capable of calling the top and bottom, but shoving the middle. This way he's calling the strong pairs like AA/KK/QQ but shoving middle pairs AQ/AJ type hands and maybe flatting the worst hands in his range planning to fold if you shove.
      Last edited by jjpregler; 04-18-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Guido You have to realize the SB is over-shoving to protect his hand. He isn't shoving with a premium pair because he would want you to call if he had AA, KK, or QQ. He does not want you coming because he doesn't want to have to fade 3 or 4 overs between the two of you.

Thanks!

Comment

I was itm already.

I consider it this way , 3 Dollar entry, big field tournament , taking more risks hoping to chip up huge in this Situation vs 2 late Position ranges trying to Reach Top 1-3 Place

Comment

NJpokermike36 but if he is overshoving his shoving range is weaker and ak competes even stronger?!

Comment

This is the ICMIzer run for that hand ITM.

Comment

When you the equity removing AA/KK/QQ from the range - AK does even better. If you remove the 2 hands AK never wants to see, it has to fare better than when the hands are in the range.

Comment

One variable I was concerned about was the shoving range of the button. In this spot he should have 40%. Obviously if he is shoving wider it doesn't affect our decision. How much tighter can he shove and we still have a call?

When I dropped it down to a 24% range AK's equity became too small to take the risk. It was still a small positive, but not enough to warrant the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                    NJpokermike36 but if he is overshoving his shoving range is weaker and ak competes even stronger?!
                    I don't think so. I suspect he is over-shoving with exactly the type of hand he has; middle to low pairs. I think the very worse you will see is AQs. So I don't think his range is so wide that it would make sense calling two all ins with AK, IMO.

Thanks!

Comment

Even at Sunday Million final table in this Situation 1 Player called off With AK and won vs QQ and JJ a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                        Even at Sunday Million final table in this Situation 1 Player called off With AK and won vs QQ and JJ a few years ago
                        But that doesn't make it right does it? I would not call off in this situation.

Thanks!
                        Last edited by NJpokermike36; 04-20-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X