my poker weaknesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my poker weaknesses

in order to motivate myself i want to list my poker weaknesses , feel free to comment or to write dwon your weaknesses also

- not 4 betting polarised when deepstacked
    - playing my big hands too aggressively late in tournaments on scary boards , too often going allin in order to "protect"
    - playing too tight when not being shortstacked especially live and when playing higher stakes online
    - in general flatting too much preflop and calling too much postflop instead of raising
    - not 3 betting polar in LP , i then just fold the hands that should be in my 3bet raising bluff range
    - first in from sb vs bad bb , limping too much instead of raising roughly 3.5x
    - not 3betting polar as bb vs lp opener
    - not exploiting villians enough , for instance ip not betting many of my marginal hands vs weak players that will only raise if they have a premium made hand (i instead check back my mmh too often)
    - value betting too small on rivers , i often bet 33% potsize in order to make sure i get this call , i should target the stronger parts of villians calling range more often by betting bigger
    - when i have the range adavantage and the nut advantage i bet frequently but too small too often instead frequently and BIG
    - vs 3bettors i call too often with suited broadways , this is a problem since suited broadways are dominated by a lot of the 3-betters premium hands
    - not betting the turn more frequently when people over-defend on the flop; they will have a weaker range on the turn, so i should barrel the turn more often. but i check too often even with the better parts of my value range thinking i cannot get 3 streets of value so better check , ready to check call 1 street most of the time or to bet river (too small) if villian didnt show aggression
    - deep stacked in the bb not 3 betting with good playable hands often enough; they are good in those situations since the in-position player will be doing a ton of calling when deep-stacked, so I want to have hands that play well out of position.
    - with high enough spr not polarising my range by overbetting brick turns when villian most likely has a marginal made hand
    - when i have range advantage and nut advantage on dry boards i dont cbet big ; i cbet small because i am concentrating on the board texture (on dry boards you actually dont need to bet big since there is no need to protect); but i am supposed to bet big when i have range advantage and nut advantage even when the board is dry
    - deeper stack when 3 betting oop (which i could do more often) 3 betting with unsuited blocker hands instead of suited gap connectors for instance which guarantee a better playability that is important due to the fact i get called often by the ip 2bettor
    - With deeper stacks, the equity realization goes down and i should defend tighter from the BB , but i defend wider thinking i can afford to see if i hit good enough ; when shorter stacks i think calling is quite expensive and i defend tighter but i should focus on the better equity realization when shorterstacked and that the amount that i can win is higher in comparism to the little chips I have
    - when multitabling tournaments if 2-3 big bluffs succeed I get rushed and bluff too often which leads to unnessecary bustouts

...to be continued (perhaps)

The next step for you should be to prioritise this list.

Work out which of these leaks costs you a lot of money and which do not.

Then work out which of these leaks can be fixed quickly and which require a lot of study.

Try and prioritise the quick fixes that will make you a lot of money first, leaving the labourious low-earners to the end.

Comment

Working...
    X