Are you an Honest Poker Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you an Honest Poker Play?

I Have been thinking a lot about this over the last two days, and unfortunately, I don't think I am. I pretend I am, but that is all it is, make believe. I lost 2,000 big blinds over two nights. Both nights, I couldn't hit a flop, make a draw, run a successful bluff or have my hand hold. It just would not happen no matter how hard I tried. That's when the lying started.

I am not tilting. I am in FULL control. My mental state HAS NOT been altered. I am playing my "A" game. My emotions are in check. There is no reason to quit because I am NOT TILTING DAMNIT!!!!!! But of course I was.

Now I will admit that my tilting is WAY better than it use to be, but tilt it is still there, every present and lurking. I would say it is only about 30% of what it was, but that still is not good. That 30% cost me 600 big blinds!!!! I have read every poker book on the mental aspect of poker, but I still have not been able to remove the monster in the closet once and for all.

I hope that some day I will be able to do that. Until then, I will never be an honest poker player.

Thanks!

Do you keep a poker journal?

I find actively writing down my thoughts and emotions at the end of each session, and how each were influenced by both my play and variance, helps me to keep in control.

It also gives me a chance to look for patterns.

As much as I like to think I am neutral and level-headed, there are definite correlations between the times that variance was shit over a number of consecutive sessions and the times my mental game was deteriorating.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonImp View Post
      Do you keep a poker journal?

I find actively writing down my thoughts and emotions at the end of each session, and how each were influenced by both my play and variance, helps me to keep in control.

It also gives me a chance to look for patterns.

As much as I like to think I am neutral and level-headed, there are definite correlations between the times that variance was shit over a number of consecutive sessions and the times my mental game was deteriorating.
      Thanks for the idea!!! I think it will give me an opportunity to reflect and see how destructive my behavior is i n the moment.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X