Tournament Masterclass Equity + Pot Odss + Quiz Feedback Mac Poker Cruncher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Masterclass Equity + Pot Odss + Quiz Feedback Mac Poker Cruncher

On Question no.2 of the Quizzes within Equity + Pot odds + Ranges i was shocked to find that the 4th option (D) was the correct answer although when i ran it through Poker Cruncher (i'm using Mac) it had very similar equity to the second hand range option (B) . Option C was the only range of hands that had less equity vs opponents range, whilst hand range A is significantly a better range to call with. I don't know where i'm going wrong, am i entering the ranges incorrectly? If we only need a small edge to call how come we can't call with Hand range 2 but hand range 4 is the better option? Are there incorrect settings on Poker Cruncher? I must be misunderstanding the question, can someone please give me some feedback.I have screen shotted my findings to share here so hopefully i can get some feedback please.
    Attached Files

I think you're misunderstanding the point of this.

We're not trying to find a range with an average equity of 43% against the villain's range. We're trying to find a range where EVERY HAND has at least 43% equity.

So let's look at the options (ignoring C because of the obvious garbage).

A) 99+, AJs+, AQo+, KQs

Every hand in this range has at least the 43% equity against villain's range to call. But, what about 88 which is missing from this range? 88 has roughly 48% equity against the villain's range and should be a call.

Folding hands with easily enough equity can be just a big a mistake as calling with hands that don't have enough equity.

B) 88+, ATs+. AQo+, KTs+, KQo, QTs+, QJo, JTs

Let's find out how much equity the weakest hands in this range have against the range. QJo and JTs both have roughly 34.5% equity and are clear folds.

D) 44+, A8s+, A5s-A4s, KJs+, ATo+, KQo

Every hand in this range has at least 43% equity. Every hand outside of this range has less than 43% equity.

This is the correct answer.

Does that clear things up a bit?

Comment

Hi, thank you for helping out and replying, really sorry for my late reply however it hasn't cleared anything up, i'm still just as confused as i was, it's just not sinking in and i feel stupid for not being able to grasp it.

[QUOTE=

D) 44+, A8s+, A5s-A4s, KJs+, ATo+, KQo

Every hand in this range has at least 43% equity. Every hand outside of this range has less than 43% equity.

This is the correct answer.

Does that clear things up a bit?[/QUOTE]

i manually entered the worst individual hands from hand range D) and the results were way less than 43% but you said you found them to have at least 43% which makes me think i'm doing something wrong when it comes to Poker Cruncher/ Equilab.

Is there any other material i can look at to help my understanding of this?

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

• jjpregler
        jjpregler commented
        Editing a comment
        The range you entered for the BB in these does not match the range given in the question.

Well that definitely clears things up, i apologise, i manually punched in 44's, A4 & KJs and got at least 43% equity, hallelujah, we're getting somewhere!

Comment

Working...
      X