Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have i played this hand correctly ?

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=924Prh8Wn

I would have folded against his turn bet, you have all the 6’s in your range and he is still barrelling. We have the Q of clubs which also makes it unlikely he is on a club draw, I’d fold this and maybe call turn with 77-99’s?

Comment

i wanted to fold the turn initially but then i thought he is aggressive and the board didnt change with the brick 2 thats why he is supposed to barrel again often times
      but otherwise with which hands would i fold the turn i have called the flop with ?

so if he is brave enough to barrel again on the turn he reps strength

thoughts ?

Comment

Yes I agree his turn barrel reps some strength.

Your check/call flop check/fold turn range is essentially your overcard floats which unfortunately is your hand in this case.

Comment

I would 3 bet AQo preflop, you have a strong hand and its against the HJ

Comment

At the stakes your playing I agree with most of the comments here. Against a tough field, I would only fault the river call and only mildly. Its not a terrible mistake other at least conceptually.

Comment

Pre-flop AQs I would have called v. HJ open, but AQo I would have raised. Based on my (bitter) experiences I would have reached the river and with a sigh, folded.

Comment

This is what separates No Limit Hold'em from Limit Hold'em. A minor mistake preflop is no big deal in Limit, but it is only a big deal in No Limit. By not 3-betting preflop, you let him in with a marginal hand. If you 3-bet, you probably could have gotten him to fold preflop because smaller suited connectors work better in a multi-way pot and not for playing heads-up against a loner 3bet raiser preflop. I would either 3bet or fold preflop. You don't even beat the best bluff, which would be AK.

I think you overplayed your hand and should have folded the turn because you only had a 13% to make a pair on the river. If I some how mange to get myself to the river, I would never check call, I would have check raised. That is your only chance to win after you have gone this deep in the hand. Would it have worked? Probably not because he had 3 6's, but if he had a pair, it probably would have.

Thanks!

Comment

solver says

preflop call 91% of the time and raise 9% of the time with the AQo !

(see picture 1 , 2 and 3 )

solver loves to 3bet with hands that flop well and get easier to the river , so basically suited broadways and nut hands !

flop check 100%

facing the 2080 bet solver calls 100%

turn solver open checks 100%

facing the 4200 bet on the turn solver folds 100% of the time (see picture 4)

Comment

I prefer 3 betting with AQo for the exact reason you said it should be a call. AQs plays much better and that might be a better hand to limp with because now you have the nut flush.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X