Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how you like my cbet flop check raise turn line ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how you like my cbet flop check raise turn line ?

- Hold'em No Limit - 75/150 (20 ante) - 9 players

UTG: 8,908 (59 bb)
    UTG+1 (Hero): 4,196 (28 bb)
    MP: 4,277 (29 bb)
    MP+1: 4,499 (30 bb)
    LP: 3,631 (24 bb)
    CO: 5,578 (37 bb)
    BU: 2,761 (18 bb)
    SB: 3,038 (20 bb)
    BB: 3,949 (26 bb)

Pre-Flop: (405) Hero is UTG+1 with J J
    1 fold, Hero raises to 352, 2 players fold, LP calls 352, 1 fold, BTN calls 352, 2 players fold

Flop: (1,461) 3 9 5 (3 players)
    Hero bets 974, LP calls 974, BU folds

Turn: (3,409) K (2 players)
    Hero checks, LP bets 1,705, Hero raises to 2,850 (all-in), LP calls 580 (all-in)

River: (7,979) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 7,979

Showdown:
    UTG+1 (Hero) shows J J (a pair of Jacks)
    (Equity - Pre-Flop: 89%, Flop: 91%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

LP shows 9 J (a pair of Nines)
    (Equity - Pre-Flop: 11%, Flop: 9%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

UTG+1 (Hero) wins 7,979

solver says

bet the flop , my betsize is no mistake but quarter pot is better

on turn we need to check 100% because we are polar and only betting allin would make sense but given the scary overcard oop checking has most ev

when villian bets almost allin solver would call but going allin is also fine

thoughts ?

I think the betsize on the flop could scare potential opponents you want to keep around away. Maybe the BTN would have called a smaller bet and folded to a second barrel or third barrel later, which could have been potential money in your pocket. You could have isolated the LP on the turn or river with a big bet and would have gotten his whole stack + a bit more from the BTN player.

The rest I think is fine/very common scenario

(I suck at poker so take it for it is, just some thoughts, thanks for sharing)

Comment

Hard to really assess the turn check raise. I see this move a lot and the action is all fine as played.

My criticism is the pot geometry really doesn't make any sense. Villains turn half pot bet is pot committing. Your check raise only advances the inevitable by one street and forcing an all in commitment on the turn.

If he's any good he's never folding most rivers. (he's not a good player based on this action).

A smaller flop bet is better pot geometry. This way his half pot turn bet is not so committing and then your check raise is more likely to get a better hand to fold against some better players.
      Last edited by XBobLove; 03-04-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

jjpregler once said on flop (or another first street) bet max 10% effective stack , on turn (or another second street) max 30% so you will have enough to bet the third street

Comment

I guarantee that your missing some part of his lesson. Ill guess that this rule assumes HU action which makes the geometry correct.

These guidelines have to be adjusted for players and pot (spr) sizes. For example if you bet the rule and it leaves villian with small river bets making him pot committed, heros river bet better be for value and consequently applies no pressure.

In this case a smaller bet on earlier streets would leave villain with a tough decision across a range. Admittedly, necessarily here in this case
          Last edited by XBobLove; 03-05-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Wow after being away about 18 months, people are still quoting me here.

But anyway, the 10% - 30% guideline was in regards to heads up situations when you want to get stacks in and no bet is either too large or too small for the situation.

I think I prefer the 25% sizing here with the small stacks and the multi-way pot. Betting 350 on the flop here still gives us a great chance to get stacks in by the river if we want, or a chance to bail on the turn when a horrible card hits.

Comment

Working...
            X