Online Heads up sit n go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Heads up sit n go

Hello, everyone! Does anybody on here play online heads up sit and go? I have heard that it can be quite profitable for some players, and that some pros strictly play this game due to the success they have in it. I was wondering if anyone plays this as their primary game of poker. What do you guys think about this game? I know heads up is a whole different animal versus 6-9 player table. I have had some success in the past playing, but life happened and ended up eating most of my free time away. Any thoughts, comments, or experience is welcome! Thanks in advance and looking forward to reading what you guys think about this game.

I'm not sure there are many HU SnG pros out there due to how "solved" the game is.

Having a look at the games available on Pokerstars at the moment, there certainly are a lot of games available with 1 of 2 players currently sat there, up to the $5k buy-in. But they aren't actively playing each other. They are waiting/hoping for fish to enter their game. The highest game actually taking place is a $60.

HU cash is a different animal. I personally don't like it due to the extreme variance, but this is a game that is still played.

Comment

• Danny19K
      Danny19K commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow! I actually have heard about the technique of people just sitting and waiting there for a fish or bot to come and play. 5K buy in for heads up sounds insane to me. I was only playing $3 buy ins, lol. I was thinking of just depositing $100 as a small bankroll for $3 buy ins and see how it would go. Aggression definitely seems to be key in this game. The only reason i really started playing this game is because i was playing on global poker, but man, they are just filled with bots. They are filled with bots or it seems that one player has a couple seats at the same table, which would give them a HUGE advantage over me. I figured the way to eliminate this would be to play heads up where they arn't able to cheat. I live in CA so we can only play on unlicensed and unregulated sites...kinda limited. Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.

From my point of view the HU game is unbeatable unless you devote your life on it....literally! And even if you do the downswings are quite painful due to the insane (compared to other poker games) amount of variance.
    My advice: forget about it, it’s too much trouble. Use your time to get better at cash games, crush it, build your bankroll, move to MTT, get rich, enjoy the life! Good luck!

Comment

• Danny19K
      Danny19K commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the advice! Do you play online by any chance? I live in CA so the sites are a bit limited here. I wish i were able to play on a legit site. As stated in the above response, the only reason i really got into heads up sit n go was to combat players haveing multiple seats in a full sit n go table, which would give anyone a huge advantage. I will more than likely stick to cash games. I usually play live 1-2 no limit or they do have 1-2, 2-4, 3-6, and even 4-8 at my local card room to play. Thank you for your response and lets all try and get rich and enjoy life!

I do play online, but I live in Spain. Here in Europe we don’t really have this problem “where to play”. We have a lot of good options. Good = legal. JL has a nice video on that subject: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_G7jfOya4

Comment

Working...
    X