Assessing Micro Stakes Sample!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assessing Micro Stakes Sample!

I'm pretty unfamiliar with reading into a lot of the stats on PT4, I was hoping someone could give me a grilling on some of these statistics i.e. where I'm going wrong and the stuff I should keep doing! This sample is entirely from 10NL.

Small sample but reasonably good results and stats, congrats! Looks like you're running bad in flips but still winning so that's great. Looks like you may be under-defending against 3-bets

Comment

• NomadDigger
      NomadDigger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks! Which is the stat that suggests I'm under-defending against 3-bets,and within what range should this stat fall? I imagine currently this means I should be making slightly more calls when facing a 3 bet and perhaps slightly more 4 bet bluffing?

• Dilly
      Dilly commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not an expert on database analysis myself, but I believe we generally want to be folding to 3-bets more like 50% of the time, So I think you need to be calling more and 4-betting more, but definitely study that carefully, depending on positiion and VIllain strategy our 3-bet defense strategy varies significantly

15k is too small a sample to draw any reasonable conclusions from. We can definitely see patterns starting to emerge, as Dilly points out, but really we need 50k+ (ideally 100k+) to start drawing anything meaningful.

Comment

• NomadDigger
      NomadDigger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok that makes sense - thanks for the feedback. Do you have any general tips on how I can use PT4 to analyse my game as my sample size starts to increase? Like any specific filters I can apply to see where I'm burning money etc.

I haven't used the forums much so not sure if its best to make a new post or reply here with a similar question.
    My question is more or less the same, I wanted to know if there was any explanation for a big gap between EV BB/100 and BB/100 other than running bad/good?
    Since the gap between mine seems quite substantial over a somewhat large sample size.

I have included my graph for tournaments below (mainly sit and go's)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	45138

Comment

• Dilly
      Dilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Just means you're running below EV in all ins. Great graph though!

• NomadDigger
      NomadDigger commented
      Editing a comment
      sweet graph!

I'm guessing you're playing a game with quite a high variance?

Here's a snapshot of my graph from last year with 3 different games quite clearly visible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chart Example.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	45144

Between 1 - 8,100: Here I was playing a spin n gos which are extremely high variance, hence the immediate run-good and then painful natural correction.
    Between 8,100 - 14,800: Here I was playing a lot of single table sit n gos to practice final table play. The variance was far lower which is why my BB and expected BB track so close together.
    Between 14,800 - 17,400: Playing micro-stakes 6max with my friends and drinking (obviously not recommended) which is why the graph goes a bit haywire.

Over a long enough period there should always be a natural correction, but this can be a lot more extreme and take a lot longer in higher variance forms of the game. What does stand out to me in your graph is that although there is currently a large discrepancy, it has remained more of less constant (with a couple of natural swells and contractions) since you hit a rotten bit of luck around the 15k mark. If you switch to date filter to look at this point onwards, I'd imagine both lines would be much closer together.
    Last edited by LondonImp; 01-05-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• SeanHaz
      SeanHaz commented
      Editing a comment
      There are definitely some spin and go's in my sample, but I never really put in much volume in them. I think I was playing more heads up sit and go's when the ev gap became large so maybe thats a more high variance game?

Fedor Holz's stats for November
    I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X