Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when everyone on the table limps non-stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when everyone on the table limps non-stop?

I'm playing online poker with relatively low stakes, and 95% of people limp every single round no matter what. What are the best tactics for such cases from different positions?

JL did a webinar on combating limpers. I believe this is also covered in the cash game master class. I'd recommend both those resources. It's also covered in Mastering Small Stakes if you're in to reading.

The answer is detailed as your approach changes based on position and villains range (e.g. do they limp a wide range of mostly junk or only limp top 10% of hands). If you notice that players limp a wide range of junk but open raise with what they consider to be good hands - the most likely scenario in your case - I'd limp behind with suited/connect hands that don't mind seeing the flop multiway and raise with a strong linear range. Maybe raise 99+, suited broadways, AJo+, KQo+, etc.

Also think will they fold every time of call your raise most often? If they fold most of the time you can open up your raising range. If they call you want to be on the tighter side.

Comment

what do you want to do?

Comment

Well, the thing is that players are also switching very frequently, so I could know the ranges of say two or three people at the table and have no idea about the rest.

My question is, let's say you are the BTN and you have AJs or A10s, and everyone limps to you. Do you play it? I watched a lot of examples here, but those are higher-level games where people do not limp with everything. In this case, as a BTN I still have to worry about all those players before me who are not out of the round yet. So does that mean I should be playing UTG ranges? Or should I limp as well to see the flop for relatively little?

Comment

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Raise pot,

• onlymtt438
          onlymtt438 commented
          Editing a comment
          don't make raising bigger your default move.
          Last edited by onlymtt438; 12-20-2020, 12:37 AM.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          onlymtt438
          I would interested to hear your strategy's sometime

I would go along till I find out what is what. Between folding, limping, you can still raise. It is a tricky subject which size to get the most respect.

Comment

I just think he tried raising, and probably didn't work out very well

Comment

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            You're on notice

• onlymtt438
            onlymtt438 commented
            Editing a comment
            what are you, forum autocrat?

I think you should raise your strongest hands early like you would normally, and if there is already a limper in there, just raise a little more. As you get further around the table, and there are more limpers already in, just limp in behind them with most of your playable range and raise even bigger with the top of your range.

just be aware that you’re still going to be facing a lot of multi-way flops so don’t think you can just cbet when you miss. You’ll have to make a hand. So you’ll have to give up more often but you’ll make a lot more when you win.

Another thing to do from the CO or HJ after multiple limpers is to make a 2.5x raise with anything you want to play. It won’t knock out any of the limpers, but it could buy you the button and make everyone check to you on the flop, which gives you the option to also see the turn for free if you don’t flop something good. I especially like this with small pairs and suited connectors. Getting to see the turn for free gives you a better chance to hit a big hand in what will be a decent sized pot.

Comment

• onlymtt438
            onlymtt438 commented
            Editing a comment
            pretty comprehensive. You included some stuff I agree but could have have said it myself.

Raising is the first thing that comes to mind. Hero must have tried that and probably back fired on him. Hard to imagine his thoughts would go to folding pre first. Raising bigger and bigger as default is like ' I don't care what happens or what u do '.

These are same people who say limping anywhere anytime is bad.
          Last edited by onlymtt438; 12-22-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• onlymtt438
            onlymtt438 commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought poker teaches humility. Some people had it the other way around, they get more and more convictions in what they doing.
        Working...
        X