Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are 6 Max Facing RFI Charts And 9 Handed Facing RFI Charts So Totally Different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are 6 Max Facing RFI Charts And 9 Handed Facing RFI Charts So Totally Different?

The strategy recommended is totally different for when facing RFI, which totally surprises me, between Jon Little Masterclass 9 max charts and the 6 max GTO Online charts.
    For example in the 6 max charts for HJ vs LJ RFI, CO vs LJ RFI and CO vs HJ RFI, a pure 3 bet/fold strategy is recommended with no calling range whereas in these positions in the Jon Little Masterclass 9 max charts it is recommended to have a fairly wide calling range as well as 3 betting range.
    Why are these so different as I wouldn't have thought the situation in the same positions when everyone has folded to a particular position changes much in a 9 handed game from a 6 handed game?

The implementable GTO 6-Max charts are for relatively tough games with a relatively high rake. We play tighter with a higher rake. We flat less in tougher games where we are more likely to be 3-bet. These are the main differences, my understanding is the CGMC ranges are a little more exploitative, more appropriate for low stakes live cash.

Comment

Working...
    X