Routine/checklist at the poker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routine/checklist at the poker table

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I would be interested in what routines professionals work through at the poker table.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any special contribution to this on pokercoaching.com (like a Video or a Webinar), therefore I ask the question here in the forum.

I am aware that in addition to my cards and the board, I have to pay attention to my position, the actions in front of me, the players who are still after me, the stacks of the players, the pay jumps, upcoming tells, etc. .

But in what way do professionals work off these things?

I would like to have some kind of checklist with a sequence that i can then work through for myself, so as not to forget anything.

maybe someone here in the community has already created such a checklist.
    I would be particularly happy if the pros on Coaching.com might produce a video about this.

Have a nice day for all of you

https://pokercoaching.com/classes/ma...ing-framework/

Comment

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, the link leads to premium content and I have no access to it. I am currently a "standard member" and premium membership does not make sense for me at the moment. Is there also other content?

Comment

Not that I know of. I'm not sure exactly which content is on standard v premium, but you can basically pull all the considerations for such a check list from the other content.

Pre-flop the implementable GTO ranges take into account all the meaningful considerations, so without reads or against solid players we can just use those strategies. If our opponents are deviating from the GTO strategy, ask yourself how, and how you should adjust. If people are relatively loose and passive we can open a little wider and 3-bet a little wider. If people are loose and aggressive we may want to tighten our range to be able to deal with frequent 3-bets more easily. If people are tight we may want to open looser but call and 3-bet tighter than normal.

Post-flop consider
        • Who has the range advantage?
          • Who's range is more dense with nut hands (2P+)
          • Who's range is more dense with made hands.
          • Who's range has more air.
        • How well does board connect with opponents range?
        • How dynamic (likely to change,) is the board?
          • Lower card boards are more dynamic as top pairs and over pairs will likely not stay that way by the river.
          • Boards with more straight and flush draws are more dynamic as those draws will come in some portion of the time, making single pair, 2 pair, even sets not the nuts anymore.

Generally
        • We bet more frequently with range advantage, often our entire range small with a significant range advantage.
        • We can size up our bets with the nut advantage.
        • We can size up our bets when villain connects well with the board.
        • We can size up our bets on more dynamic boards.
        • We're incentivized to bet more often and slow play less on dynamic boards.

SPR also comes into play pre and post-flop. Implied odds hands (suited connectors, suited AX, etc,) go up in value deeper stacked since they get better implied odds. Big cards value goes up at shorter stack depths since we are usually playing for stacks when we make a good pair. At lower SPRs we're incentivized to slow play more because we want our draws to realize their Eq and because we can get all the money in with our premium made hands even if we don't bet flop.

Comment

DILLY.. thanks for your input. This helps my orientation.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
              Not that I know of. I'm not sure exactly which content is on standard v premium, but you can basically pull all the considerations for such a check list from the other content.

Pre-flop the implementable GTO ranges take into account all the meaningful considerations, so without reads or against solid players we can just use those strategies. If our opponents are deviating from the GTO strategy, ask yourself how, and how you should adjust. If people are relatively loose and passive we can open a little wider and 3-bet a little wider. If people are loose and aggressive we may want to tighten our range to be able to deal with frequent 3-bets more easily. If people are tight we may want to open looser but call and 3-bet tighter than normal.

Post-flop consider
              • Who has the range advantage?
                • Who's range is more dense with nut hands (2P+)
                • Who's range is more dense with made hands.
                • Who's range has more air.
              • How well does board connect with opponents range?
              • How dynamic (likely to change,) is the board?
                • Lower card boards are more dynamic as top pairs and over pairs will likely not stay that way by the river.
                • Boards with more straight and flush draws are more dynamic as those draws will come in some portion of the time, making single pair, 2 pair, even sets not the nuts anymore.

Generally
              • We bet more frequently with range advantage, often our entire range small with a significant range advantage.
              • We can size up our bets with the nut advantage.
              • We can size up our bets when villain connects well with the board.
              • We can size up our bets on more dynamic boards.
              • We're incentivized to bet more often and slow play less on dynamic boards.

SPR also comes into play pre and post-flop. Implied odds hands (suited connectors, suited AX, etc,) go up in value deeper stacked since they get better implied odds. Big cards value goes up at shorter stack depths since we are usually playing for stacks when we make a good pair. At lower SPRs we're incentivized to slow play more because we want our draws to realize their Eq and because we can get all the money in with our premium made hands even if we don't bet flop.
              Really nice and helpful reply I found it very useful also thanks

Comment

Working...
              X