Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to dowhen get a 4Bet in SB (GTO-Chart)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to dowhen get a 4Bet in SB (GTO-Chart)?

Hello everyone,

so I have a question. I am using the GTO Chart, provided by Pokercoaching.

If I understand it correctly, you are never coldcalling from HJ, CO or SB (no adjusting in this example).

So in SB against a raise from the BU, we are only reraising (see Chart).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SB.png
Views:	21
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	42685‚Äč

These are 200 different hands.

Now what to do when the BB makes a cold 4-Bet? If I only stay with the premium hands, I will have left JJ+, AK, which are 40 cards. Then I would fold the other 160, which would be 80 %, terrible.

That would mean BB would invest 24 to win (1 + 10 + 2.5 = 13.5), so he would need me to fold 32,6 % of the time to make the 4-Bet profitable without even holding cards in his hand.

The break even spot would be if I would play on and win 100 % of the time with TT+, AQo+, AQs+, KQs (66 hands). But again, this would be without him even having cards.

Obviously in reality I would need to defend much more against the 4-Bet, I guess more like 50+ % of my initial range? That would be 99+, AJo+, AJs+, KQo+, KQs+.

If you are still with me, you see my problem: I do not want to play 4-Bet-Pots OOP with 99 or KQo.

Could someone explain to me what I am not understanding here? Or is there a Video on PCP on this topic (and these charts)?

Every help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot and friendly greetings

Originally posted by Trapito View Post
    I do not want to play 4-Bet-Pots OOP with 99 or KQo.
    For a start, you shouldn't be playing 4-bet pots with KQo SB v BTN. Pocket pairs however are a different story, and you're just going to have to practice playing with them otherwise you are liable to exploitation.

I don't have time for a full explanation so I'm just going to paste straight from "Modern Poker Theory" (great book, highly recommended).

Click image for larger version  Name:	SB v BTN Strategy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	42690

If you have any questions about the above please do reply and I'll get a response to you as soon as I'm free.

(EDIT: Ignore the actual percentages in the text below the images because there is at least one mistake - I think this is the original release so these have been amended in newer releases. The actual strategy and shape of our range in hand range 75 is what needs your attention.)
    Last edited by LondonImp; 10-02-2020, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will order the book today.

As I was long gone, this Kind of Chart is somewhat new to me, which is very sad. But I understand what it says.

But what I don't understand is how to play postflop oop with already like 50bb in the Pot and only 75bb left in my stack.

My problem is precisiey how to realize my equity oop. When the Flop is Axx and Villain bets 1/4 Pot, I can only see myself making a lucky guess with 55-JJ (and folding with the best hand pretty often). On the other hand, playing an overpair isn't that great either. King high Flops are also not that good to play with 55-JJ, also I do not understand how to CALL with A3s/A4s oop ??
      Sorry for being stupid. :-(

Comment

There's nothing stupid about your questions mate.

The charts I presented are GTO charts. The "GTO" approach is how we should play when we either don't know what mistakes our opponents are making, or if they are actually amazing players who are correctly employing a GTO strategy themselves.

The truth is, the majority of players at our stakes are going to be playing nowhere near GTO and so we shouldn't be either.

In your original post when you are referring to preventing our opponent being able to profit against us with any two cards [ATC] you are referring to the minimum defence frequency.

MDF is important at the higher stakes, but really it can be almost ignored at the lower stakes.

Check out this very helpful article from UpswingPoker which discusses the most important areas of focus when studying (I fear you may be being bogged down in specifics when you'd be better gaining a more holistic understanding of poker today): https://upswingpoker.com/study-poker-and-win/

Back to your post. We realise our equity out of position the same way we do so in position: with well thought out ranges that either exploit our opponents' mistakes or prevent them from exploiting us. We don't ever want to be focusing on what we do with just one hand, but instead understand how all the hands in our range interact. Get your head down in the homework section of this site and you'll be improving in no time.

Comment

Working...
        X