MP: 5,043 (168 bb)
    MP+1: 4,797 (160 bb)
    LP: 4,992 (166 bb)
    CO: 5,373 (179 bb)
    BU: 4,902 (163 bb)
    SB: 4,917 (164 bb)
    BB: 4,992 (166 bb)

Pre-Flop: (81) Hero is UTG with K♥ 9♥
    Hero raises to 70, UTG+1 3-bets to 180, 1 fold, MP+1 calls 180, 1 fold, CO calls 180, 3 players fold, Hero calls 110

Flop: (801) 5♥ K♦ T♠ (4 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP+1 checks, CO checks

Turn: (801) T♥ (4 players)
    Hero bets 224, UTG+1 folds, MP+1 calls 224, CO folds

River: (1,249) J♦ (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP+1 checks

Total pot: 1,249

Showdown:
    UTG (Hero) shows K♥ 9♥ (two pair, Kings and Tens)
    (Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 17%, Turn: 27%, River: 0%)

MP+1 shows K♠ Q♠ (two pair, Kings and Tens - higher kicker)
    (Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 83%, Turn: 73%, River: 100%)

MP+1 wins 1,249

solver says

preflop you can either fold or raise

after you get three bet and 2 flatters come along you are supposed to fold !

but in the real world this can be a juicy spot so i flat

flop defo open check

when checks through on the turn this is a 100% check and this is not even close

(in multiwa spots solver doesnt love open betting when you have a marginal made hand combined with a marginal draw)

as played on the river hero is supposed to bet small 26% of the time and to check 75% of the time

Losing the min would be folding pre. When you bet turn you are keeping in flush draws, Tens, and better Kings.

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      i want to keep in worse flush draws and better kings (in case i hit my flush on the river)

I think you need to understand reverse implied odds a little better before you start looking at solver work.

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      hi i disagree , i can win a huge pot with this hand , i can cooler a worse flush or a straight by the river

i can also just check the river as i did when i dont hit not losing much

but on the turn i defo want to start buildng a pot

• TB27
      TB27 commented
      Editing a comment
      "after you get three bet and 2 flatters come along you are supposed to fold !

but in the real world this can be a juicy spot so i flat

but on the turn i defo want to start buildng a pot "

I mean... you aren't even listening to the solver, so why should you listen to us? K9s is not a juicy spot. It is a reverse implied odds spot in which the pot is bloated and you will be out of position the entire hand. You will be investing a lot of money to try and see that second nut flush, (in this instance when a pair is on board, which could mean your flush is a second tier hand) or you will get in over your head calling against another K. Do you UTG +1 is 3 betting with K8?

Lets say this hand is exactly the same but you have K9s. On which street are you folding your top pair to continued aggression?

Originally posted by MOUSE85 View Post
    Losing the min would be folding pre. When you bet turn you are keeping in flush draws, Tens, and better Kings.
    I think one of the main reasons people lose at low limit poker is that you have to build big pots yourself with your strong hands and almost never slow play.
    So the next time you are dealt, for example, pocket aces, raise, and re-raise. In general, play your hands as simply and straightforwardly as possible, this is how you win to the maximum with such strong hands

Comment

• after you get three bet and 2 flatters come along you are supposed to fold !
        • but in the real world this can be a juicy spot so i flat

but on the turn i defo want to start buildng a pot "
          a worse flush or a straight by the river
          you
        • I mean... you aren't even listening to the solver, so why should you listen to us? K9s is not a juicy spot. It is a reverse implied odds spot in which the pot is bloated and you will be out of position the entire hand. You will be investing a lot of money to try and see that second nut flush, (in this instance when a pair is on board, which could mean your flush is a second tier hand) or you will get in over your head calling against another K. Do you UTG +1 is 3 betting with K8?

Lets say this hand is exactly the same but you have K9s. On which street are you folding your top pair to continued aggression
      • i have thought about it , ok i can already be vs a full and vs the nfd and i am oop ..this is nothing i can deny
      • thx for your honest opinion and it is true the solver doesnt lie
      • i am the last person who cannot confess a mistake
      • but there is one little thing , in low stakes you can really cooler a worse flush or a straight by the river but to the point i bet oop on the turn there are still 3 people left to act
      thx man !

Comment

Working...
      X