Has anyone paid for coaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone paid for coaching?

Its something i have been thinking about for a while now and was looking to find out what peoples thoughts are about getting coaching and if you have had coaching could you share any experiences about it and would you recommend it thanks

One on one coaching or group?
    I would go group coaching before 1 on 1. 1 on 1 is expensive and something you really want to do for a specific situation after learning and studying a lot. You would pay and ask the coach to review a whole tournament or say something you know you are weak at like big blind defence etc.

Comment

You should get one on one. Sometimes while reading people 's posts , Id be thinking ' wow, he's gone ... '

Comment

I've done a few one on one sessions in the past.

It was useful for me because I went into it knowing what I wanted to get out of it.

I was crap at finding and fixing my own leaks so this is what we focused on.

I sent my coach a 30min game tape of me playing and commentating, and then my most recent 30k hands or so.

He was then able to find some big leaks in my game, as well as showing me how he found them, and was then able to give me work to do, both at the tables and away from it, in order to plug my leaks.

It is expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonImp View Post
          I've done a few one on one sessions in the past.

It was useful for me because I went into it knowing what I wanted to get out of it.

I was crap at finding and fixing my own leaks so this is what we focused on.

I sent my coach a 30min game tape of me playing and commentating, and then my most recent 30k hands or so.

He was then able to find some big leaks in my game, as well as showing me how he found them, and was then able to give me work to do, both at the tables and away from it, in order to plug my leaks.

It is expensive though.

Thanks i think thats something i would like is for someone to go through my database and find leaks then help me fix them and find others

Comment

Doesn't HM still have the add on app Leakbuster?

Comment

• LondonImp
              LondonImp commented
              Editing a comment
              If it's anything like the leaktracker in PT4 it's fairly useless. Unless you're doing something horrendously wrong but if you're studying then that shouldn't really be happening.

• Bentley
              Bentley commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, you have to define your own filters for leaks. There are a few guides online. The out of the box filters are just average. That is all a coach is doing if they look at your database anyway

CrazyEddie Reloaded

Yeah, you're totally right. [EDIT: prior to deleting your post for some reason...]

And it's not always hiring the "best" coach either.

Clearly Jonathan Little is a far better player than Sky Matsuhashi (my previous coach) - but then I am nowhere near good enough to take advantage of JL's depth of knowledge and I would be better suited to pay about 1/5 of the cost and go with Sky instead.
            Last edited by LondonImp; 09-08-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Aside from coaching, just being part of a study group can really help.

I led my first session recently and it meant I had to work so hard to try and learn all the material knowing I'd then have to explain it well enough for other people to understand.

Disclaimer: I did a fairly awful job, and it probably benefited nobody other than myself, but that in itself was a learning experience.

Comment

at the top, people write that you need to study in a group, but the brain works differently, sometimes a person cannot be attentive when there are a lot of people and will have to pay even more for individual lessons, first analyze how you perceive the information better, and then choose a coach

the answer to the question - I did not take a paid coach, my best friend and practice helped me

Comment

Working...
                X