Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you guys really check back the river ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you guys really check back the river ?

lets analyse a hand quickly

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=824FNtTT4

preflop this is a fold because i sit in ep with many players behind me , therefore i need to play tight and i need at least 77 to open the pot

it is not like i dont know this but in those low stakes i deviate from the optimal strategy because some players make big blunders and it is worth it to my mind

i decided to limp instead of raising which i do very seldomly , solver says EV wise limping here is better than raising , see picture 1

flop this is a check according to the solver , to be honest i was multitabling and forget my limping action pre, i thought i raised preflop and then i thought i have the effective range and the nut adavantage so lets bet quite big

the problem is i am vs 2 (and the board is quite wet) and i have almost no equity with my 22

on the turn solver wants me to bet pot 15% of the time and to check 85% of the time (picture 2)

but betting 67% is also fine (picture 2)

river allin is the optimal betsize but checking has the most EV by far so the solver would check back 100% of the time

lets say i screwed this hand up : )

would you guys really check back the river ?

Solvers prefer checking back the river in these spots because the value you might extract is not worth the possible mistakes you will make facing a raise from a well balanced opponent.

Basically it's not worth reopening the action and it's best to guarantee 100% equity realisation.

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      this might be the case but it is not convincing to me , there is a lot of value in thin-betting the river

in my games there are not a lot of well balanced players

• LondonImp
      LondonImp commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it all comes down to the strength of your opponents.

I often find thin-value betting and then folding to my opponents' (unbalanced) raises is the best course of action.
Working...
X