Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have i absolutely misplayed this hand on flop and river ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have i absolutely misplayed this hand on flop and river ?

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=124xrWtYf

on the flop cbetting could be better

on the river checking back could be better

solver says

on flop this is a 100% check back no matter the potential betsize

i could also see upsides for betting small but the solver doesnt lie : )

on turn solver says EV wise you are indifferent between calling and raising small , but 92% of the time solver calls

on the river solver says you have to bet 100% of the time with 50% potsize

again i bet too small on rivers

if i wanted to deviate from the gto solution and would choose a default river betsize of 25% (as played) than EV wise you are indifferent between checking (73% of the time) and betting (37% of the time)

i think given the effective stack on the river a 25% potsize is defensible and as you can then checking back should be the play the majority of the time

On flop, the SPR is 2. We will have no problem getting it in on later streets. I would check.
    On turn, villain could have a flush draw or a gut shot, call and keep him bluffing.
    On river, you have a bluff catcher. If he bets I would call, and if he checks, you probably have the best hand most of the time (depending on your table image).
    I would have bet 1/3 to try to get called by a worse ten. But checking back leaves us 10 BB if we lose. I'm surprised the solver wants us to bet 2/3 of our stack on the river, only leaving us 4 BB if we lose. I guess it doesn't consider that. Just the math.
    Last edited by MOUSE85; 08-15-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      good post, thx, lets say you would have played the hand exactly as i did : )

the solver is not originally designed for tournament play , so i keep this is mind always

in the perfect solver world everybody has deep stacks : )

on the river i was pretty confident i have the best hand : (
Working...
X