Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population Ranges

Hello Everyone,

I will do my best to keep this short and sweet so that maybe a few of you might reply. At the moment, I am working on creating 5-20bb ranges (in increments of 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, and 20bb) with the help of HRC and all the classes I could find on the subject without going into post-flop. I am keeping it strictly preflop for the moment. I find that once I create the NASH ranges using HRC for say 5bb UTG, I am able to adjust the calling ranges of subsequent players and make them tighter than NASH (because I think people call tighter than NASH in general) so that i have a more realistic 5bb UTG Range to work with against those types of players. The problem I am having is when I try to adjust the calling ranges to make them looser than NASH. I know those players exist, and i want to be able to create a more accurate min-raise/Fold, Min-Raise/Call Off and shove strategy that works well against those players too. When I try and think about what a loose player might call a 5bb shove with, I tend to look at what is profitable for them to call with and I think that screws up my thinking process even more. I would say i am typically a tighter player in general and struggle to think like a loose aggressive player.

Does anyone have any tips on how to create loose calling ranges or loose ranges in general? How do you know when to stop expanding it?
    If anything I have said here is unclear, please ask questions. I really want to get better at this and the inability to do it bothers me immensely.
    Since the majority of players tend to play tighter, should I just use the range I created for players that play tighter than NASH and forget about creating one for players who play looser?

Thank you for any advice or tips and tricks!

You really want to get better, i like it !!

Population calls off way tighter than nash

But there are decently enough players who know how to call off regarding to nash

And nash call off ranges are wide !

I really would not to try to call off looser than nash because nash Modell assumes villian pushes pretty loose from all mp and lp so nash calls off also loosely

I would guess your assumptions on villians even looser pushing ranges would not often enough accurately unless you are a real genius

So if you play nash vs competent Player and if you push looser vs fish and if you call off tighter vs fish this should be enough unless you belong roughly to the top 250 mtt players worlwide

Comment

Working...
    X