Homework Question and Answer Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homework Question and Answer Review

Question: You have played a somewhat straightforward strategy for a few hours without showing any memorable bluffs. You raise from the cutoff to 3 big blinds out of your 100 effective big blind stack. Only the big blind, a splashy calling station, calls. The flop comes 9s-8c-6d. Your opponent checks. Assume you have 6-6, 9-8, A-A,T-T, Q-9, A-8, 8-7, 7-7, J-6, 2-2, A-K, Q-T, or K-5. Which hands should you check and why?

My Answer: So I brought up the Range Analyzer to get a better look at my entire range. I am just getting the hang of optimal postflop decisions and knowing when to check, bet, raise, or shove. Any tips would be much appreciated on that particular area. Anyway, so I thought about a few things before making a decision and by raising preflop with those hands my range is definitely polarized. Also, being against a splashy player I should tighten up my range and not bluff as much but there is no history so I might be able to get one passed him. My checking range will be AK, Q9, J6, A8, and 22. A8 is on the boarder but I plan on firing the turn anyway when a K, Q or J comes bc I think that hits my range better then the BB. I am checking them hands because they are either marginal made hands or junk and don't bring me much of a draw besides the Q9 but I just threw in another hand to seem more balanced. I think my range on the flop has more nut advantage because I have some premium and some bluffs but I think my opponent has the range advantage because he's in BB and his price to see a flop is undeniable and who knows what he could hold in his hand. Any advice on my answer would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanx for reading. Also as you may know this is a later dated homework assignment and this is the only place I thought to get some feedback from. I hope that is okay to do.

Answer the poll: When to bet and how much to bet are determined by what?
    Effective Stack SIze
    0%
    Position
    0%
    Nut Advantage
    0%
    Range Advantage
    0%
    Effective stack size and Range Advantage
    0%

When to bet and how much to bet are determined by all of the reasons in your poll.

Comment

Working...
    X