jonathan little book on live no-limit cash games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathan little book on live no-limit cash games

page 18 pot odds says opponent puts 20 into a 40 dollar pot. you have to put in 20 dollars for a chance to win 60. your pot odds are 60:20 or 3 to 1. on page 19 the pot odds are computed including the opponents bet and your bet. 32/(50 + 32 +32). the example on page 18 did not include your bet. why are the pot odds being computed differently?

i dont have this book , i cant refer to page 18 to understand the question maybe you can post more in detail for disscussion

Comment

Great question. This had me confused for years and to tell you the truth I still don;t understand it fully.

I think there are two different ways of working out pot odds.
      One way is 40 dollar pot plus 20 bet = 60 and then you divide 20 by 60 which is 0.33333

The other way is you add your 20 call to the 60 which =80 and you divide 80 into 20 = 0.25
      So you need 25% equity which is the same as 3 to 1

I am sure someone here can explain it a lot better.

Comment

• extrasuper
        extrasuper commented
        Editing a comment
        that helps a lot. thank you.

This blog is about Jonathan's little book on live no-restriction money games. You take most likely the best things which are about the little book and it shows to you the essayhave. Desire you check thusly of concentrate since this is another way and you can without quite a bit of a stretch fathom the working through along these lines.

Comment

• LondonImp
        LondonImp commented
        Editing a comment
        *looks sadly around for a mod to deal with this*

Originally posted by extrasuper View Post
      page 18 pot odds says opponent puts 20 into a 40 dollar pot. you have to put in 20 dollars for a chance to win 60. your pot odds are 60:20 or 3 to 1. on page 19 the pot odds are computed including the opponents bet and your bet. 32/(50 + 32 +32). the example on page 18 did not include your bet. why are the pot odds being computed differently?
      My guess is both calculations are being done the same way.
      Example 1: $40 pot. $20 bet. So there is $60 in the pot. You have $20 to call. So the % of the total pot you need to put in is $20 / ($40 + $20 + $20) = 25%.
      Example 2: $50 pot. $32 bet. So there is $82 in the pot. You have $32 to call. So the % of the total pot you need to put in is $32 / ($50 + $32 + $32) .

Does that make sense?

Comment

This blog have the answer of all no money games and understanding of a very different topic indeed. I prefer online writing services but the blogs of your site has my heart because of clarity and simplicity. I appreciate this and share it with others also.

Comment

Working...
        X