Keyboard controls for PokerCoaching videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard controls for PokerCoaching videos

Hi guys, I've been watching some PokerCoaching videos lately, and I hate the fact that keyboard controls aren't working in the video player—I often want to jump back a few seconds to re-listen to a sentence and think about it, but that's very cumbersome to do with a mouse, especially on long videos.

So, in case anyone else is having the same problem, I'm sharing a user script I wrote that adds keyboard controls to the videos on pokercoaching.com:

1) Install Violentmonkey, which is a browser extension that allows you to install scripts that change website behavior/appearance: https://violentmonkey.github.io/get-it/
    2) Install the script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/40...-video-hotkeys

The keyboard commands are the same as on YouTube:

jump back/forward: left/right
    volume up/down: up/down
    pause/play: space
    speed up/down: >/<

Looks like this is just for Chrome?

Comment

No, it should work in all browsers that support the WebExtensions API, so Chrome, all other Chromium based browsers, Firefox, Edge, ...

Is it not working for you? I just fixed a small isue with the video element detection, you might want to update the script.

Comment

I noticed that the keyboard controls didn't work on homework videos—the innards of the website are a bit of a mess, sometimes the player is initialized twice, which messes up the controls, and there's a bunch of missing assets that cause those pages to load really slow. Can't do anything about the latter, but I uploaded a new version with some workarounds that should fix the keyboard controls for all the videos (I hope).

Comment

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't tried it. I don't mind using the mouse. TBH You have so few comments that I get suspicious when they include download links and it's sort of my job to check this stuff out. It all seems legit to me even tho I didn't actually download the extension. I use FireFox and I see that Violent Monkey is highly rated.

Thanks for the effort.

• modfalcon
          modfalcon commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries, I rather have you being suspicious of links than the forum being full of spam. Btw, even if Violentmonkey is legit, I could still be up to something nefarious with the user script, but it's all open source, so that wouldn't be the brightest of ideas.
      Working...
      X