Optimal Poker Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal Poker Sites

Guys, Recently watched the course "Crushing tough cash games" (I play mainly cash) and noticed JL make the comment that none of the players were playing absurdly and hence it was difficult to get a hold of a lot of chips. These players in this video were all playing more or less as well (from my point of view) as the players i play on pokerstars (i play primarily on pokerstars) leading me to believe that the player pool just doesnt justify playing on here, very rarely is there an extremely bad player at the table and they almost always give their money away inside the hour. I recognise i need to be working on my own skills aswel BUT are there any sites you guys play on where the player pool is way softer and its much easier to make money or has online poker devolped so much that you just have to get quite good to make significant money?

What level are you playing at?

PokerStars is one of the few sites left that still allows the use of HUDs in game, therefore all regs will have a HUD.

I play cash on Party - no HUDS allowed in game but you can download HH to your database for self improvement. This means that no player has the advantage of a HUD in game, and they can't analyse your game off the tables becasue the HH is anonymous when downloaded. This means you have to have a fundamentally solid game to be a winning player. No HUD = happy fish. All that said the regs are still mostly pretty good but the fish keep coming because they know you can't see their stats.

Comment

• Diamaner
      Diamaner commented
      Editing a comment
      25nl mainly, i like my HUD lol but if the field is generally softer it might be worth checking it out. cheers

I am only familiar with grey-market US-facing sites, basically the Winning Poker Network (America's Card Room, Black Chip Poker) and Ignition/Bovada.

Both sites allow the use of tracking software and HUDs, but Ignition anonymizes players at game time, so the only information you have about them is what you can observe in the current session, so stats like VPIP and PFR and to a lesser extent 3-betting an c-betting stats are the only ones that are significant enough to be useful.

The games are really soft on Ignition. (Note that you may be able to access it as Bodog in your region.)

WPN has its share of bad players, but it also has a large number of regs. They have one of the better frequent-player promotions around -- players choice between 27% rakeback or a generous players'-point program, and this draws a large number of people multitabling near-break-even and generating profit through rakeback and Beast Points. So even at the 25NL it is hard to find tables with fun players; sometimes it is all regs, who are certainly beatable but not for very much.

Also, WPN has a real problem with bots, again because of their generous frequent-player promotion. The impression from the outside is that the management just doesn't care as long as they can collect the rake. Every so often there is a bot scandal on Two Plus Two, and this shakes the management into banning a few accounts and refunding some money to some players. But the problem is basically too big to control at this point. (I regard bots as no more of a threat than any other multitabling reg; the thing that sets them apart is that they never go on tilt.)

I have found it easy to get money onto and off of Ignition, using Bitcoin transfers. Withdrawals have taken a day or less to proccess. My own experience with withdrawals on WPN has been the same, but they are rumored to be taking longer and longer to process their withdrawals, which is a danger sign to their financial health, i.e. they may well be waiting for deposit revenue to come in before they process withdrawals.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Diamaner
      Diamaner commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey mate, thanks for your feedback this is very helpful. Any suggestions on the easiest way to get a hold of bitcoin.

• PokerShaman
      PokerShaman commented
      Editing a comment
      Depending on how much you are willing to pay in transaction fees, using bitcoin runs from fairly easy (higher transaction fees) to a minor pain in the ass (for the lowest-fee methods).

Here is a how-to guide on buying bitcoin using CashApp: https://youtu.be/yLKrOh88RaI

One thing to keep in mind is that the exchanges (including CashApp) look askance at transfers to online poker sites, so I strongly recommend setting up your own wallet, moving the bitcoin you buy to your wallet, and then transfer it to the site in question. The exchange just sees your withdrawal and never finds out where you eventually send the bitcoin.

To get facile with bitcoin transfers takes a bit of experience; one learns by doing, and unfortunately there are various pitfalls along the way. I do not know of any comprehensive guide to getting set up with bitcoin in order to play online poker (which probably means there is an opportunity for someone with the know-how who wants to generate pageviews).

• Diamaner
      Diamaner commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok mate thank you

Originally posted by PokerShaman View Post
    I am only familiar with grey-market US-facing sites, basically the Winning Poker Network (America's Card Room, Black Chip Poker) and Ignition/Bovada.

Both sites allow the use of tracking software and HUDs, but Ignition anonymizes players at game time, so the only information you have about them is what you can observe in the current session, so stats like VPIP and PFR and to a lesser extent 3-betting an c-betting stats are the only ones that are significant enough to be useful.

The games are really soft on Ignition. (Note that you may be able to access it as Bodog in your region.)

WPN has its share of bad players, but it also has a large number of regs. They have one of the better frequent-player promotions around -- players choice between 27% rakeback or a generous players'-point program, and this draws a large number of people multitabling near-break-even and generating profit through rakeback and Beast Points. So even at the 25NL it is hard to find tables with fun players; sometimes it is all regs, who are certainly beatable but not for very much.

Also, WPN has a real problem with bots, again because of their generous frequent-player promotion. The impression from the outside is that the management just doesn't care as long as they can collect the rake. Every so often there is a bot scandal on Two Plus Two, and this shakes the management into banning a few accounts and refunding some money to some players. But the problem is basically too big to control at this point. (I regard bots as no more of a threat than any other multitabling reg; the thing that sets them apart is that they never go on tilt.)

I have found it easy to get money onto and off of Ignition, using Bitcoin transfers. Withdrawals have taken a day or less to proccess. My own experience with withdrawals on WPN has been the same, but they are rumored to be taking longer and longer to process their withdrawals, which is a danger sign to their financial health, i.e. they may well be waiting for deposit revenue to come in before they process withdrawals.

Hope this helps.
    I have a newbie question on getting rakeback at Americas Cardroom. Is it correct that one can get 27% by just downloading the software on Americas Cardroom’s own website without using any affiliates? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an affiliate? Can one get more than 27% rakeback using an affiliate?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
    X