Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold'em Resources Calculator (HRC) Help

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to use Hold'em Resources Calculator recently to try and find out which hands I should call with when I get rejamed on after using the pre-flop min-raising strategy Jonathan recommends with 11-20 BBs. I use the 15bb charts, min-raise with the hands he recommends to min-raise with, and then I have HRC rejamming me from each seperate position with the ranges Jonathan recommends. I have been using the advanced hand option and have been using the ChipEv in Big Blinds as the equity model. I then look to see if the ChipEv is around +.085 or above and select those as the hands I would call with if I were to get rejamed.
    These are my questions: Is using ChipEv in Big Blinds as the equity model the ideal way to go about figuring this out? What about the other equity models like Future Game Simulations or Malmuth-Harville 'ICM'? I have tired to look up tutorials on how best to use this program but I can't find much information on it. For those of you who use it often, what is some advice you can give me? Is RakedChip Ev more for Cash Games? Also, the Monte Carlo Math option looks interesting, any information how how best to use that?

Thank you guys!

I post my HRC questions on 2p2 where they have a dedicated hrc help thread which is responded to pretty swiftly. Hope this helps. I'm still getting to grips with it too.

Comment

Honest John What is 2p2? Can you post a link to that?

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there a dedicated thread for using HRC? I can't find it and I'm just wasting time trying to figure that tool out on my own. I feel like I'm entering the info correctly but keep getting error messages.

• PokerShaman
        PokerShaman commented
        Editing a comment
        kkep If you go to forumserver.twoplustwo.com, look at the sidebar on the left. showing the tree of various forums. Expand the "Internet Poker" category. You will see there a forum named "Commercial Software." Click on this and look at the list of thread topics. If you scroll down past all the sticky forum topics, you will find the Holdem Resources Calculator thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...r-hrc-1705032/

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you...............

RangeReader sorry I’m a bit late with this.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...r-hrc-1705032/

Comment

Honest John That's okay, believe it or not, i'm just now looking back at this post haha. I am doing my best to work on my shallow stacked ranges and then all the way up to 100bbs. It is tough work, but it is exciting too. I believe I have transcribed all the relevant videos for short stacked poker 15bb and below. Now time to create some magic.

Comment

Working...
        X