Working With The PT4 Hand Range Visualiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working With The PT4 Hand Range Visualiser

I'm currently doing a focus on responding to RFI's from various positions when I'm on the BTN.

I found a nifty little way to use the hand range visualiser to compare my play to that of the 6-max GTO charts.

For example, here is the 6-max GTO chart BTN v CO RFI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BTN v CO RFI.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	38595

So I filtered for hands where I was on the BTN facing an RFI from the CO and here are the hands I have VPiP'ed with:

Name:	BTN v CO RFI - Hero VPiP.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	38596

There are a few clear outliers here straight-away, namely the Q7s, A7o,and A5o. However I can see that the actual % of the time I have VPiP'ed with those is low: 8.33%, 2.94%, and 3.85%.

The bigger concern for me is all the suited connectors! Clearly I'm massively overvaluing these. VPiP 100% with 76s when it should be a 100% fold is fairly shocking if I'm honest... I had no idea I was even really doing this.

Another thing that jumped out to me was the infrequency with which I was VPiP'ing my middling suited aces. If we focus on A7s, based on my VPiP I am only even playing this hand versus a CO open 50% of the time whereas it should be sat firmly in my 3betting range.

Okay, so how often am I actually 3betting A7s? Let's take a look at my hand range for "Pre Flop Raise %" (so in this instance it can only be a 3bet):

Name:	BTN v CO RFI - Hero 3bet.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	38597

Well that's embarassing. Clearly I have a whole lot of work to do on just my basic preflop game still...

PT4 is such great software, it can just do so much. The only issue is that working with it is a bit like opening Pandora's Box and the amount of stuff to look into leaves very little time left to actualyl play!

Did you account for various bet sizing's from the player opening the pots? You might not be over folding A7s as much as you think if some of those RFI's are 3x+
    which isn't unusual.

Comment

LondonImp, do you mind explaining how I can run a similar report? I have managed to get something up similar on PT4 but cannot for the life of me remember how I did it.

Looking to analyse all my pre flop RFI ranges. Thanks

Comment

Hi Ando .

Yeah it's really easy.

1) Click 'View Stats'
        2) Click 'Statistics'
        3) Select 'Holdem Hand Range Visualizer' from the drop down menu

We then have a bunch of options down the left size to isolate our position, the action, stack sizes etc.

We can also apply more specific filters to look at more specific circumstances.

Name:	How To Visualise.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	38787

Comment

LondonImp Thanks for that. The only drop down menu I hadn't checked.

Comment

Always the way

Comment

Working...
            X