Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

What's up with all the spam in this forum? Are there no moderators?

I just flagged a bunch of messages as spam, but some of them were from months ago. I'm new here, I'm just checking out whether being active here can be a valuable use of my poker learning time, and I have to say this is quite off-putting. Like nobody cares.

Also the "Random Question" in the registration form to prevent bot signups is a joke, there is exactly one "random question", and it's always "What color are the spades in a deck of cards?". No wonder spammers are having an easy time.

There are a couple of new MODS and we will try and get to work on that. Give us some time to figure out what we can and can not do.

Comment

Glad to see that it worked out (there's a bunch of messages missing here, it was actually me who took care of getting some mods appointed). Good luck fighting the spam!

Comment

A lot of the messages from other topics have been restored, I can see a lot are still missing though.

Hopefully they'll be recovered.

If not, we may have to draw a line in the sand at this point and we'll take better care of the forum going forwards.

modfalcon - Yes, well done getting some movement. Much appreciated.

Comment

I only deleted a few Spam messages. I asked to be a MOD several months ago when JL brought up the idea of adding some new MODS after jjpregler went MIA. I wish he would come back!
          Shortly thereafter I ended up cancelling my subscription due to this COVID crisis. When I signed back up this month I renewed my request and they responded right away. For a time there some
          of us believed this Forum was going to be shut down in an attempt to push us over to Discord.

Comment

• Guido
            Guido commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish jjpregler would come back , too

• LondonImp
            LondonImp commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. The guy taught me a lot.

LondonImp and kkep Appreciate you both. Also glad to have you back Kkep!

Comment

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks and glad to be back! I have a lot of catching up to do...
        Working...
        X