Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR management

did i understand it correctly ?

in the pokersites class by james romero he said if you play 22 dollar mtt big fields you should have a BR of 22.000 $ ?

i would think 4.400 $ (200 buyins) is enough ?

I’m with you. I like 200 buy-ins for Mtts (will go as little as 50 if shot taking) and 100 in cash games. But I do think it depends on how well you are beating the game. If you are crushing the game you could try a smaller bankroll. Not beating the game like you thought then yes get a bigger bankroll. ThAt being said I don’t think having 1000 buy-ins for mtts is ludicrous.

Comment

https://jonathanlittlepoker.com/bankroll/

Comment

• Guido
        Guido commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thx meaning i will need 200-400 buyins

Last year win I tried to go full-time playing mtts I was operating on a 250buy-ins at my ABI thinking I was being conservative and with the plan of droping out the higher buy-ins in the range if I was on a bit of a downswing. I was ITM pretty regularly and hitting FTs and top 5 finishes every 100 or so MTTs, and all was great my BR was solid and I could take some living expenses. Then I hit a ludicruous stretch of nearly 500mtts with out barely more than a couple of min cashes and it crippled me. So, yes I think in todays games, especially the high variance low-stakes big fields having at least 400-600 buy-ins is probably about right for an above average but not elite player. I wish I still had the picture of the graph to show you, it was a nice steady step-up with small downswings inbetween for about 1000mtts and $10k profitt, then a freefall for 500mtts and a lose of about $4500 which my BR would have survived if I hadn't had to take $1000 a month out for living expenses. I hadn't fully calculated that in, and hadn't even considered such a losing streak.

Comment

So I've been thinking about this since getting a couple of scores too. I'm fortunate that I have an income so don't need to take money out and this BR I have long dreamt of to take a run at this game.

I've built up $8500 and settled at an avg BI of $25 giving me 340 buy ins. Judging by these examples (500 tourneys without a decent cash) my estimate is not conservative enough? Also what do we call a large field MTT?

Reading JL's BRM Bible it says: "If the average field is 1,200 players, you need 289 buy-ins." On 888 which is where I currently play most of my games this is about the field size. My ROI is pretty big at the moment due to the scores and low tourney count (possibly around 250).

Is this strategy okay do you think?

Comment

• Guido
          Guido commented
          Editing a comment
          in doubt you should err on the conservative side

• Dilly
          Dilly commented
          Editing a comment
          JL frequently recommends assuming your ROI is half what it is, and I would definitely recommend that given your volume, 250 is nothing, a few thousand is something but still statistically not super meaningful. I wouldn't necessarily move down since you have income, but if you're trying to be disciplined I would follow Bankroll Bible guidelines assuming half your ROI before moving up.

• Honest John
          Honest John commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, on that particular site my volume is only around 130 MTT's. It was my ROI that is 250%. I am aware that this ROI is not sustainable and the volume is low. Fuck I'm not looking forward to that ROI evening itself out!!!

Actually there is also a point of where do you stand skill wise compared to your average opponent

Comment

Working...
        X