Cash game variance and bankroll swings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash game variance and bankroll swings

Hello all, hope you're doing well in lockdown wherever you are.

Just wondering how bad people have experienced cash game doenswings? Over a few thousand hands or so - what's the deepest amount of buy-ins you've been stuck?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Over my last 10k hands at 25nl I went up 750 bbs but then dropped 750 over my next 3.5k hands. I am wondering the same thing.

Comment

I recently had an ~18 buy-in down swing over a period of just shy of 20k hands. That's the worst for a while. My worst ever was about 40 buy-ins and I nearly stopped playing for good. Glad I didn't.

Comment

Variance is a biatch. Played a big session yesterday +1800hands, and felt that I played pretty much close to my best the whole way.....and my Party report card for the session agrees BUT check out the last to lines for Winrate on the day....painful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sunday Cash Report 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	36905
        Attached Files

Comment

40 buy-ins is huge! I had 32 buy-ins downswing over last 2 week(10k hands or so).
          I'm back up 14 buy-in in my last 3.5k hands, so feeling a bit better. Now I'm not getting destroyed by rivers for 500bb pots it feels like EZ game. Will play 1-1.5k hands today and hopefully I'll keep climbing back up the hill.

Also got a 3rd and 6th in two tourneys in last 4 days so got my variance spirits up a bit. It can be a bitch though.

Comment

I played around 150K hands at 10NL full ring. I had one downswing of 12 buyins and one of 11 buyins.

Other than that, just smaller downswings of a few buyins.

Comment

my biggest DS is 14BI on nl2 in 8k after returning to poker with overall tracked winrate 8,00bb/100 with 32k hands. now i run hot again and re-won 20BI in next 8k

Comment

Working...
              X