Gross rake at The Venetian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gross rake at The Venetian

I don’t play at the V so this is all hearsay, but it seems accurate. I first saw a rumor in another forum that they are going to be raking 6+3 for the month of March. A player at my table at Wynn last night said he was there earlier and they already started this.

My big concern is this spreading to other rooms. I really hope this kills the action at Venetian, but I doubt it will.

I was a reg at Caesars Palace but just moved to Wynn because CP added a promo drop, going from 5 to 5+2, last week. So there are only 3 non-promo rooms left in Las Vegas, and now V is taking a gross rake+promo.

I've never played Vegas but I've heard from a few people about Venetian's "All rake above a certain amount" tournaments.....JL has also mentioned they're very actively lobbying against online poker....seems like boycotting the room is the only thing to do lol

Comment

This is coming to sound more and more like days of old on the Strip when dealers just grabbed a few checks from the pot as the drop--as if games aren't tough enough!

These places will have to learn a hard lesson about driving away their market; they already appear to be trying to earn the soubriquet 'Hoover'!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
        I've never played Vegas but I've heard from a few people about Venetian's "All rake above a certain amount" tournaments.....JL has also mentioned they're very actively lobbying against online poker....seems like boycotting the room is the only thing to do lol
        That was only one tournament. I believe they will not do it again. (Could be wrong!) During the summer they run more tournaments than anywhere not named "Rio." Most of the USA doesn't care about online poker. It's been pretty much a fail in the few states that have approved it. No "boycott" happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta9 View Post
          I don’t play at the V so this is all hearsay, but it seems accurate. I first saw a rumor in another forum that they are going to be raking 6+3 for the month of March. A player at my table at Wynn last night said he was there earlier and they already started this.

My big concern is this spreading to other rooms. I really hope this kills the action at Venetian, but I doubt it will.

I was a reg at Caesars Palace but just moved to Wynn because CP added a promo drop, going from 5 to 5+2, last week. So there are only 3 non-promo rooms left in Las Vegas, and now V is taking a gross rake+promo.
          Where are the 3 non-promo rooms left?

Comment

• Delta9
            Delta9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wynn, Aria, Bellagio
        Working...
        X