Why is this 30 days challenge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this 30 days challenge question

you both have all/most combos of sets, so you have lots of incentive to check on this board.

Why is this ? When I Have a set I want to fast play and Charge all draws especially straight draws (ok je shouldnt habe that many straight draws in his flatting Range on this board) and all of his marginal Made hands

otherwise When he has all sets i dont want to risk getting stacked, it this why I should mostly check ?

I think it's because our equities are running even and we are OOP to boot

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
    Board: 5d8s7c
    Equity Win Tie
    MP2 49.05% 46.97% 2.08% { QQ+, TT-44, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, ATo+, KJo+ }
    BU 50.95% 48.86% 2.08% { JJ-22, AJs-ATs, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, AJo, KQo }

Comment

We should be betting a polarized range.

We still bet all our 2p+ hands as well as the draws but we are not going to be betting with our entire range like we would on a AK9 flop for example. Hence we should be checking a lot.

Comment

As the IR, you will have a higher percentage of air on this board than the BTN flat caller (who has a condensed range). If you bet too frequently, you are going to get raised a ton by the IP player if he's competent. There are also very few hands in your range you can get 3-streets with and you don't want to be in the bet-bet-check habit OOP on dynamic boards vs good players. Strengthen your checking range here so you can realize your equity better.

Comment

• MrFuss
          MrFuss commented
          Editing a comment
          good answer
      Working...
      X