Not getting value on nut hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting value on nut hands

Ive noticed most of my winning hands are simi bluffs and full blown bluffs at this game i always play. But my few nut hands i get end up with very small amount of earnings. The other players are better then me but they somehow know when i have a good hand. Ive even tried making very small 3 streets of value betting and by small i mean like 10$ in a pot of 30 flop and then 10 the rest of the streets and they fold. Maybe just bad luck of getting the nuts everytime other players have bad cards. Idk.

Are you looking through your entire hand history and seeing quantitatively that your nuts hands aren't making much, or is this anecdotal/from memory? Unless it's the former with a substantial hand history (10,000 hands is barely meaningful, 50,000-100,000 hands approaches more meaninful,) there is no way to tell.

Betting small with your nut hands is probably not the right strategy. Very generally speaking we should be betting large with a polarized range that contains our nut hands and bluffs.

Comment

• Byrdman
      Byrdman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is just memory based and i have a crap memory but i have noticed my nut hands are played differently a lot of the time one from the other. I try small bet sizes more when i get alot of nut hands or when i think other players hand is week. Ill try sticking to the polarized bet sizing and aggression strategy from our classes here. Ill post how it turns out after tonights session. Thank you for the reply.

It looks like they are folding to your bluffs and to your nut hands. The player pool must think you are a tight player that always has it or maybe they also have a read on you when you have the nuts.

Comment

• Byrdman
      Byrdman commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not sure. Im kind of splashy at the table so maybe its a read. Ill look into it and maybe try to buy some info from another player that seems to know.

in the book 10 Plays good poker Players just dont do 1 of 10 things is "same bet"

if you have a nutty Hand and you bet 10 into a 50 pot on the turn you are burning Money , Play big Hands fast ! this will make you much more Money in the Long run , this is "proven"

i would guess your samplesize ist not high enough to make such conclusions

Comment

Guido yes i do not have a big hand history live cash games i can look back on. I will try the “same bet method and see if they just have some kind of read on me or what it is. I make all kinds of different bet sizes and thought that might make me more unpredictable for future bluffs but maybe its not the way to go. Thank you

Comment

Bet your nutted hands the exact same lines and sizings as your bluffs.

Comment

Thank you. I will try this.

Comment

You should not make same bet !

This is a fishy play and completely wrong

On turn you should by default bet a higher amount of % than on Flop if you want to keep betting

By same betting you are doing the exact opposite

Try this in set up Spots

Flop bet 10% effective stack

Turn bet 30 % effektive stack (if this is not at least a 2/3 potsize bet go allin, then it is only a 2 street Hand)

River jam if you bet turn 30% effective Spot

but never ever do the same bet !!

Comment

Working...
            X