why is raising better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is raising better ?

here i have a spot where i was sure calling the turn donk bet is the Right Play

but snowie says you should raise 92% of the time !

preflop i minraised

flop i cbet 50% potsize (wet board) (this is also what snowie suggests) as i have bdsd , gutter , bdfd and therefore enough equity

on turn where i get a fd villian donks into me

i was sure calling the turn donk bet is the Right Play (realizing equity in position, not get blown off my equity when i raise and villian reraises

but snowie says you should raise 92% of the time !

why is this ? why is raising better ? because I have no showdown value and so it is more plus ev to have the possibility of bluffing credibly a lot of rivers when he chooses to only call the turn raise ? and because up to now my range is uncapped ?

would you say i have the range Advantage but villian has the nut Advantage when 7 Comes on turn as he should have more 7s in his range ?

On the turn you have a terrible hand. So I would never call. I would think that Folding > Raising > Calling. It makes sense to raise because you have no showdown value and you do have some draws although the draws are pretty bad overall.

On boards with a flush, the ranges of both players tend to be closer where neither will have a huge advantage.

Comment

have u seen calling has way more ev than folding ?

Comment

• thereitis
        thereitis commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it all comes down to previous action and ranges. You didn't specify what position you raised from and what position called you. But it could be a big mistake for me to fold in that spot instead of calling. But what you need to do is just assume a range of hands that villain is donking into you with. If he's donking with lots of 7x, then you have a ton of equity because both your straight and flush draws are good.

You can see in the picture that hero is Button and villian is bb

Also snowie uses Standard ranges for each individual position , After my minraise villian vpips with roughly 90 percent

I am not at home at the Moment, so i cannot See whether snowie bb has a bb raising Range but i am sure he has and it is probably a Polar one

So as a rough guess i assume then snowie calls from bb with JL sb limp calling Range 40bb+
      Last edited by Guido; 01-19-2020, 03:29 AM.

Comment

maybe u asking the wrong question : why is snowy better ?

Comment

maybe this isn't even close ...

MP ( 70BB ) open 3x. Only BB calls with( 140BB )

Flop: 9c 8s 4s

BB chk call 1/2 pot

Turn: 9s

BB chk - ??? with 9x facing 1/2 pot

Comment

Working...
          X