X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonImp
    replied
    Hi Adizg .

Overall I think you played this hand well mate and there's very little I'd do different.

When I'm 3-betting OOP and >100bb deep I always make it 4x so preflop I would've raised to 12bb. There's two reasons for this: 1) Because we are out of position we are happy to take the pot down there and then without seeing a flop; 2) Because we are so deep we want to be able to play for the biggest pot we can when we do flop very well.

The 1/2 pot on the bet is rarely an optimal bet size. I think here we could've gone a bit smaller to around 1/3 pot size as we have the range advantage. If you think about it, what possible hands could the villain have that beat us? K9s, K3s (maybe?), 99, and 33. That's only 11 combos of hands.

On the turn I would say go the other way. Villain has called so he clearly has something he likes, either a marginal made that we are likely ahead of or a draw looking to get a cheap flop. Here I would probably size up to about 2/3 pot.

Now, when he raises on the turn it puts us in a bit of a spot. The 5s is practically a blank so there's no draws improving in equity that may now be bluffing. Also at these stakes people are massively unbalanced when it comes to turn raises and will do this with far too many value hands compared to bluffs.

I would also fold here.

Leave a comment:

• Confused with constructing range on Turn, NL16 Pokerstars

Hello, I'm new here. I want to study game but this is just a begining, so forgive me mistakes. I'm trying do my best thats why I'm here. Much respect to Jonathan's poker coaching site! Can anyone help me with this spot?

PokerStars - $0.16 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 150.31 BB (VPIP: 21.05, PFR: 18.09, 3Bet Preflop: 9.38, Hands: 98)
    Hero (SB): 181.63 BB
    BB: 133.94 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 8.39, 3Bet Preflop: 2.70, Hands: 854)
    UTG: 150.25 BB (VPIP: 40.80, PFR: 29.20, 3Bet Preflop: 8.05, Hands: 255)
    MP: 109 BB (VPIP: 45.45, PFR: 31.82, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 22)
    CO: 66.63 BB (VPIP: 30.95, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 12.82, Hands: 84)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10.5 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.5 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 3:heart: 9:club:
    Hero bets 10.5 BB, BTN calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (43 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
    Hero bets 20.56 BB, BTN raises to 69.88 BB, fold,

First of all I think I should 3Bet a little bit bigger because we are 150bb deep. I played hand in this way but after session I started analize my whole range here. I'm realy confused on the turn with my hand because I don't want to give him free card(a lot of draws here). Then I ask myself. Do I want make this pot bigger with TPGK OOP in 3Bet pot? I'm gonna be thankful for any advice here.
    Last edited by Adizg; 01-15-2020, 06:11 AM.
Working...
X